Finger throttle

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found the perfect bike for all the people that run a finger throttle.

c157376ec840f33bc95610ab7594a622.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just found the perfect bike for all the people that run a finger throttle.

c157376ec840f33bc95610ab7594a622.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Lol I tried my buddies viper out yesterday with a finger throttle.

I feel like it should be called the ‘stranger throttle’ lol

Lunch_Box

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finger throttle is one of those things that either you love it or hate it. Nothing inbetween. I ride with a finger throttle and felt natural right away, it almost mimics how my hands are on a motocross bike.

Dawizman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Finger throttle is one of those things that either you love it or hate it. Nothing inbetween. I ride with a finger throttle and felt natural right away, it almost mimics how my hands are on a motocross bike.
Exactly how I felt having ridden an MX bike for the better part of my life. I have had a finger throttle for 4 seasons now. Took the kids Summit 600 out last weekend and the thumb throttle felt very clumsy to me. I definitely lacked grip on my right hand.

But to each their own!

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, I feel I have have more control with a finger throttle. Its the first couple rides that usually cause the carnage. I borrowed my first first mountain sled in1995, and it had the stock throttle reversed. I have been riding that way ever since, and cant ride with a thumb throttle. I have however over the years seen some cool things when people have tried to burp my sled out of a hole. I had one experienced rider try to load into an 4 place trailer and caught the door cable. He barrel rolled it into the trailer. He no longer volunteers to load my sled.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Totally natural for me . Racing jet skis many years that’s all we used. My one sled has finger throttle other one has thumb I definitely have more control/strength using the finger throttle.

Attachments

• 4218CF45-CA52-4E2B-BFD6-F99EC6391BB6.jpeg
    4218CF45-CA52-4E2B-BFD6-F99EC6391BB6.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 98

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you like it? Was doing some flatland riding on the Apex and the weight plus snowmobile style thumb throttle makes me feel uncomfortable compared to my Axys and finger throttle. But I don't feel uncomfortable on my grizzly doing the same thing.

I don't have one - just stirring the pot a bit. lol
A couple friends run them and really like it. That said, been getting thumb cramps on the trail this year and may give it a go. Also, I feel they would be much less prone to icing. I don't mind the finger throttle - just not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree, I feel I have have more control with a finger throttle. Its the first couple rides that usually cause the carnage. I borrowed my first first mountain sled in1995, and it had the stock throttle reversed. I have been riding that way ever since, and cant ride with a thumb throttle. I have however over the years seen some cool things when people have tried to burp my sled out of a hole. I had one experienced rider try to load into an 4 place trailer and caught the door cable. He barrel rolled it into the trailer. He no longer volunteers to load my sled.
I was there
Area 51
Lucky he didn't get hurt

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had pretty close to the same crew there last week. Quite a bit tamer these days.

Top Bottom