ktm clutch lever

RAGTOP

Reaction score
I broke my clutch lever the other day on my 06 ktm 250 xc-w. Is there anything special that needs to be done when replacing it, I have no experiance with the hydrolic clutch lever.

Thanks

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nope, nice and easy to replace and adjust.... as long as you only broke the lever.

Is it that dry up there you can ride?

RAGTOP

Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

The rivers and lakes are frozen and the snow is shrinking. I also ride with the guys from aeira.com check them out if you want to come up and ride.

mat

Reaction score
You should get hand guard for your bike...at $45 a clutch kit it is a good investment... I went to ride 2 weeks ago and had a blast. Do you guys have studded tires?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm thinkin about studdin up the old tires for some ice ridin..but snowboarding is seriously holding me back this winter.. and ya..handguards on KTMs=good idea, i'll be gettin some this year for sure..last time i priced out brake/clutch they were about $50 each:eek:

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Handguards are money in the trees as well. If you're busting through a tight spot uphill, you don't have to concentrate on your fingers, just concentrate on your line and staying on the gas.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've also heard of people breaking their hands/wrists with handguards too though.. I had them on my YZ and they worked out ok..except at first they made my throttle stick to "full throttle" cuz I had the wrap arounds that punch through the handlebars..that was a little scary..

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To fix your throttle problem, you take the handguards off and trim the outside 1/8" of your plastic throttle tube, then they don't rub.

You hear the legend of breaking your hand/wrist, but I've never actually met anyone who actually met anyone who did it. I do know the wrap around guards have saved my ass tons of times. Not just from potential broken fingers, but from impacts that would have had me pull my hands back in pain, then go head first into the next tree down the trail tree.

I do ride 95% woods, 5% track though.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
To fix your throttle problem, you take the handguards off and trim the outside 1/8" of your plastic throttle tube, then they don't rub.

You hear the legend of breaking your hand/wrist, but I've never actually met anyone who actually met anyone who did it. I do know the wrap around guards have saved my ass tons of times. Not just from potential broken fingers, but from impacts that would have had me pull my hands back in pain, then go head first into the next tree down the trail tree.

I do ride 95% woods, 5% track though.

Yeah I managed to fix the throttle stick, and I have heard of 1 person getting injured from handguards but honestly..I think im more worried dropping the dough on replacing levers, or worried about breakin them altogether when I have no spares handy ..I was riding in Long Island Lake and it was pretty slippery and I snapped the ENTIRE clutch lever right off the cable on my YZ..and had to ride back on all those slippery technical trails back to camp with no clutch, on a high strung 85CC 2 stroke.. not fun. It also wasnt fun sitting at camp the rest of the weekend while everyone was out riding cuz no fuggin place nearby had any in stock.

Nonethless, i'll likely opt for some guards on the KTM this year.. I ride about %75 bush/trails, %15 sand/dunes and %10 track.. and I think either way they are a good investment..especially if you can't afford to keep spare sets of $50 KTM brake and clutch levers handy everywhere you go..the YZ was ok..they were only $12 a pop!

xcrider

Reaction score
I'm thinking of slapping a set of handguards on my 250xc........any suggestions on a good set? Which ones are you folks using?

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the KTM Hardparts ones, I think they're the same as the Moose Racing ones. A lot of guys like the Cycra ones.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used the Acerbis ones last year on the YZ, pretty cheap and effecient for the wrap around style, the plastic is pretty durable and flexible, but I might buck up and get the KTM ones this year and maybe avoid the wrap arounds..

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey this convo got me thinkin..has anyone ever used those "reversable" levers? I dont actually know the real name of them but I'm sure you guys gotta know the ones i'm talkin about... any feedback as to what those are like?

Top Bottom