klim or motor fist pants???

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I posted this in the Product Review Forum:

OK...tried on both the Motorfist Rekon Jacket/Pants and the Klim Valdez Jacket and pants.

The Motorfist large was too long in the arms and the medium was a little snug in the chest...the jacket was loud...sounded like cellophane when ever you move a muscle...like I mean loud. Disappointed in the pockets or lack there of...two outside and two small inside that seemed a little weak. Pants had good pockets and fit well.

The Klim large fit like a glove arms and chest exact...medium too small. Did not sound like I was raping a paper bag filled with packing material. Pockets all over the place the venting the same. Pants...hummmm the large were a little bulky and the medium were sac to floor with not too much room to spare...going for the large.

I was kinda hoping for the Motorfist to come out a head but I must say the Klim just felt better on. Price as it turns out was less then 50 bucks difference.

I'd like to give my business to a member and it looks like T&T sells this stuff.

Nice move and I'm sure you won't regret it.:d:d:d

krash

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with the Klim pants? If they are leaking, there is a lifetime, no questions asked warranty. Take 'em back!

I had a pair for 5 years and rode many many days with them (anywhere from 50-100 days a year). They started to leak last year and voila, they did the water test and "yup they leak". Then the guy turned around and went to the shelf and got a new pair and said, "Enjoy"

I want to know who your dealer is? becaus my dealer would tell me to take a hike!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I want to know who your dealer is? becaus my dealer would tell me to take a hike!

A little out of the way for you but they are the Canadian Distributor and their on-line service is awesome. One can even get sales and specials on old left over seasonal items. Now that's a deal in itself! Check them out and I'm not personally against any of the Klim dealers on this site but it is just where I started going, found a great place to buy and the rest is history.:d:d:d

KTfeM

Reaction score

OK...tried on both the Motorfist Rekon Jacket/Pants and the Klim Valdez Jacket and pants.

The Motorfist large was too long in the arms and the medium was a little snug in the chest...the jacket was loud...sounded like cellophane when ever you move a muscle...like I mean loud. Disappointed in the pockets or lack there of...two outside and two small inside that seemed a little weak. Pants had good pockets and fit well.

The Klim large fit like a glove arms and chest exact...medium too small. Did not sound like I was raping a paper bag filled with packing material. Pockets all over the place the venting the same. Pants...hummmm the large were a little bulky and the medium were sac to floor with not too much room to spare...going for the large.

I was kinda hoping for the Motorfist to come out a head but I must say the Klim just felt better on. Price as it turns out was less then 50 bucks difference.

I'd like to give my business to a member and it looks like T&T sells this stuff.

I spoke to the guys from motorfist at the Sled Show. They say that after you wash the jacket the "cellophane" feel will go away. Cycle Works has one washed up and on display so you can feel the difference.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Then dont talk to your dealer because that is klim's warranty. If thats the attitude of your dealer them talk to another dealer. Or talk to klim canada themselves because thats who does the water test on them. I am a klim dealer and had a jacket that was 3 years old and the main zipper pooched on it and klim usa just sent me a brand new jacket once i shipped my old one to them. As far as i'm concerned klim has a top notch warranty..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A little out of the way for you but they are the Canadian Distributor and their on-line service is awesome. One can even get sales and specials on old left over seasonal items. Now that's a deal in itself! Check them out and I'm not personally against any of the Klim dealers on this site but it is just where I started going, found a great place to buy and the rest is history.:d:d:d

I can sell you klim for the same price as it is listed on this site including the specials on older model year stuff. Just thought i'd let peeps know that incase they were interested.

Mister Bee

Reaction score
I am in the market for a new pair of pants myself and looked at the motorfist but i just can't get over the logo. looks to much like powerfist from princess auto. I know I know it's just a logo and it's supposed to be great stuff but I personally just can't get past it. Looks like it will be klim gear for me.

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new pair of pants myself and looked at the motorfist but i just can't get over the logo. looks to much like powerfist from princess auto. I know I know it's just a logo and it's supposed to be great stuff but I personally just can't get past it. Looks like it will be klim gear for me.

princess auto. thats funny.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Have to Agree with Retodd...tried the motorfist @ the sled show and it may be a great product but just felt cheap to me and very loud and "scratchy" sounding whenever I moved in it. I think if I'm going to drop close to 1g for my gear I will take something that is proven.

Shortcut

Reaction score
Bought motorfist jacket and pants last year and have been extremely satisfied. Didn't have a dealer close by so I bought mine online, paid $650.00 to my door.

whickey

Reaction score
Never tried Motor Fist, but I gota say I wear Klim and if it aninèt broken dont fix it.

sub zero

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have no issue with klim GREAT PRODUCT but I'm 6'5 and motorfist offers
XLTall which klim does not. Just wanted some feedback on motorfist. It's not like I'm driving a chev and am switching to Dodge. It's more like chev to gmc....LOL

klim has xlt to. i had a set of there bibs in them.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Klim actually makes majority of there pants in a tall version, regular, aswell as some in a short version now this year also.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just heard from Klim today for getting warranty on suit. There sending me a brand new suit. Was a little worried about it because everyone was saying how stingy there warranty was getting. No complaints here. I am very impressed Klim!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
I stopped by the moto fist booth and felt the material was very noisy and crinkly. If washing the material resolves the problem it seemed to me that the manufacturer should prewash it prior to selling the product line - just my 2 cents worth of nothing.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm home from the show finally!!! Long drive.... I'm sitting here in my mf pants and gloves................. lol!!!! Love em!!!!!!!!!

I took my gloves off to type this message....

Top Bottom