king quad 750axi vs Outlander 800R XT

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the new outlanders are good... but the old ones have bad reliability, STAY AWAY. I know several people that have had many problems and caused them to miss alot of riding. I'd go with the kind quad, it's much cheaper and better reliabilty with true 4X4. They don't have the power near the outlander though...

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
well i have only seen that not so good, on the outlander, and i do sell suzuki but honestly i have one inhere right now and were changing the guys 3rd frame....apparently thats not uncommon,, i have heard of it before but not first hand like this customer...if you want i can forward his number to you, i am sure hell tell u his take on it.. ps. king quads are on sale...8299.00 w/free winch (not installed) plus 300 pdi plus tax... new 08 model...the 09 s are 9499.00 fyi...with had could luck with them, so thats my two bits... i would go so far as to double the factory warranty(6 months) for Ya to a yr...

The new atvs are usually pretty bullet proof and the warranty is only as good as the dealer:d:d:d, talk to people who have the kq and the outlander...

Good luck....stop in for a test drive we sell suzuki,yamaha, arctic cat

terry

Don't think he is coming all the way from California for a test drive.

on the fence

Reaction score
Stay away from the polaris have 78 miles on mine been in ship over a month broken back stableizer and now brken rear axle. Boundry in LLoyd Suck

jim-can

Reaction score
I have an 08 outlander and it seems to be running great. I do agree that the frame is a little light but that is why I put a ricochett full skid package on it. Seems to strenghen the frame and protect to machine. My brother has 4 pollaris's and always seems to be doing some sort of repairs granted they are the older versions. Would highly reccommend the max unit for difereence in ride and go with the XT package, you will love the extra features.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
I personally like my grizz. Only got 1300 km's on it but they been fairly hard ones, Drowned it twice now but still keeps on going. Only a couple minor problems so far, Throttle positiioning sensor crapped out and so did the reverse limiter switch. I just by-passed the switch which is much better now, WFO backwards. There are some overheating issues but an old crazy carpet fixes that up, Just create some shields on the back side of the rad and fan housing as it seems to collect a lot of mud on the back side from tire throwing mud up in there. Power is not bad, it will hang with the brutes, just doesn't have that bottom end snap they do due to different clutching systems. And yamaha owners don't need to replace belts. Power steering is nice but there are some disadvantages. If i had to do over again it would probably be another Yamaha.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
definitly check on the net atv sites. not many problems with the suzuki or yami quads in general. there are a lot of requests on how to fix canams and kawi's , maybe because they have more power and get driven harder, Iwould pick the suzi over the cantam. either way have fun and irty is nice.

850 xxxp

Reaction score
I have 15 hours on my 850 xp non eps and it is trouble free, I am really happy with my purchase. Really comfortable quad and have not needed the winch yet (gret traction and power). Upgrade the tires and choose your dealer carefully. :twocents:

Deeter

Reaction score
I have an 09 KQ 750 and have no complaints what so ever ! Does everything well. Just up grade from the stock tires, I put on mud lites and they seem do be doing great so far.

Maxell

Reaction score
I also have the 850 and just love it lots of power and smooth ride no troubles just change the tires my onley complante

shifty suzuki

Reaction score
I have an 06 king quad 700 and there is three complaints I have about it. One is the clutching is garbage, it never down shifts under torque the way it should and the back end sags horrible leaving you no ground clearance. I do have 3000 kms on it and it just started kicking out of gear while i'm driving it. So in my opinion the king quad is about the worst there is. I wish I could take back buying it. Brute force and can am is the way to go.

djones

Reaction score
Just to let you know. I have an 08 outlander 800 and with 2000 hard k on it and it has been absolutly flawless. Not even an overheating issue or anything. All machines seem good just get what you pay for. You want power go for can-am.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Outty 800 with 1300 km. Until a month ago, I was all for it. The 3 year warranty from BRP is nice, but once the warranty runs out, I hope you have deep pockets. I just replaced the complete rear diff, from the dealer it would have been over $2000, but I found a low mile used one for $350. Rear u-joints are $166 each (ya, for a f*#$ing u-joint), trailing arm bearing $114, the list goes on and on. All together, I dumped over $2000 into it. Granted, it is a ton-o-fun to ride, but they are torquey to fix. I think the Outty will sit this year out, and put My Arctic Cat 700 into service instead.

Top Bottom