Keeping snow off your sleds...

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any techniques for keeping snow from sticking to suspension components and tunnel, etc...???? :confused:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dip it in the creek at the end of the day...:d

but seriuosly the pam idea should help a bit but you will always have some snow build up, especialy at warmer temps.

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dip it in the creek at the end of the day...:d

but seriuosly the pam idea should help a bit but you will always have some snow build up, especialy at warmer temps.

GOOD IDEA.

Yes, I know that snow will always build up, just looking to reduce it somewhat so it's easier to get unstuck, and also less water/ice on trailers at the end of the day.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Tire shine spray, or armorall or pam all work good... Use it on the running boards to keep ice buildup to a minimum.... Works good(i prefer the tire shine spray)......

snowzombie

Reaction score
There is a product that I tried on my last sled. It is a type of graphite coating that is used for coating implements like snow blowers. I bought it through John Deere I believe it was called 'Slip Kote', I don't believe they carry it anymore though, but Case dealers have basically the same product only I dont know the name. It seemed to work, I did the inside of the tunnel, scissors and inside the rails. Buddy had the same sled from new and when I would check mine looked like it was carrying less snow. There was some work involved as everything had to be sanded first and the coating is a dark graphite color so if you want to retain the stock look it may not be the answer.
My current sled I bought an Industrial floor wax, warmed everything up and gave it three coats. My track on this sled is ported so it may be that but seems pretty good although still builds up in heavy snow.

If you are interested I can find out the name of the Case product as I know someone that uses it on a regular basis.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
GOOD IDEA.

Yes, I know that snow will always build up, just looking to reduce it somewhat so it's easier to get unstuck, and also less water/ice on trailers at the end of the day.

Just don't get stuck, then the build-up won't be an issue.HeHe!!!

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pledge works very well, keep it off the seat but the wrest of the sled is fair game:d

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Careful of some products they will actually penetrate and eliminate the effectivness of the greaseable joints in the skid.
We used to use RAIN-X, the windshield stuff and it sure did work good on the tunnel and skid.
I dont worry about it anymore....ate too many DONUTS to care.:eek::eek:

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to keep snow from building up is to only ride it in the summer.LOL. I haven't found anything that you can spray on that seems to work.

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The only way to keep snow from building up is to only ride it in the summer.LOL. I haven't found anything that you can spray on that seems to work.

By the looks of your avatar I think YOU have found something that keeps the snow off...:beer:

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
By the looks of your avatar I think YOU have found something that keeps the snow off...:beer:

LOL.When you are the guy with the camera,you never get a good shot of yourself.It was a lot of fun until my belt got wet.I've got about 1200 pictures of all my buddies,climbing,jumping,generally having fun in the snow.There are 3 pictures of me.You guessed right,all in that creek.

vertical

Reaction score
You can use Fluid Film, you can buy it at most farm machinery dealers. It is like WD-40 but also lubricates. You can spray it on to wet objects,it also acts as a rust inhibertor (?)Workes good

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
about keeping it out of the trailer let your sled run for 3 to five min and the heat exchangers will melt alot of it

Top Bottom