John Deere Commercial Lawnmower / tractor Belts

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Went today to get a belt for my 997R for the grass blower it was $ 159.00 plus GST, wasn't much more than an alternator belt for a car. I didn't get as she couldnt confirm if it was right or wrong. Can I take the belt that I cut off to Napa or somewhere else, that is ridicules to pay that for this size of belt.

• Admin

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
IMG_3929.jpeg

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Should have asked her for the part number then crossed it yourself

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Go to Martin’s. Bring your credit card.

It might just hurt a little.

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is a place across from ufa. They measure the width and the length and grab you a belt. Way cheaper.

I've been supporting parkland cycle since i moved here but yesterday the rude middle aged guy was too rude so I will never be back.

zal

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You could cross it but if the original is Kevlar and you buy one that’s not, you’ll go through many belts. Learned that from our swisher mower we had. Peavey Mart has Kevlar ones.

Not saying you need Kevlar.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There is a place across from ufa. They measure the width and the length and grab you a belt. Way cheaper.

I've been supporting parkland cycle since i moved here but yesterday the rude middle aged guy was too rude so I will never be back.
The old old guy there is awesome, hes a stinky old farmer but he's awesome. The middle aged guy is a douch of all douches...... They used to have a young girl on the parts desk too but she probably quit.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most parts store can measure and supply you the belt, Bumper to Bumper is really good for doing that. You can stop there on your way to your office.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I had your main belt. Not the blower belt.

I'd challenge the Martin lady. I bet she did the same thing

Google say $44.57 US

mclean

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The old old guy there is awesome, hes a stinky old farmer but he's awesome. The middle aged guy is a douch of all douches...... They used to have a young girl on the parts desk too but she probably quit.
He is. I've bought a few parts off him for my old tractors. The other guy is an douche. I've bypassed him every time because he always is rude. This time he said something that lost my business forever which sucks because I liked supporting them and seeing the old gear.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He is. I've bought a few parts off him for my old tractors. The other guy is an douche. I've bypassed him every time because he always is rude. This time he said something that lost my business forever which sucks because I liked supporting them and seeing the old gear.

What did ge say?

Top Bottom