John deere 465 o turn

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all upgrading lawnmowers to a john deere looking at a 465 o-turn, or a x320 ride on tractor. anybody have any info on these going with the 54" deck equipped, i have a few hills (fairly steep) and was wondering how these o-turns handle on grades? does the front end want to drop down sidehilling very easy or is it minimal to control with the rears?
I think i am going to take a 465 home for a demo cut and hopefully not flip it lol.

** lawnmower thread wtf lol.

thanks

Last edited:

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
my dad bought a 0 turn when he replaced his ride on. He's got some decently steep ditches and lots of hills it cut his mowing time in 1/2 or better by going to the 0 turn. It's highly recommended.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi all upgrading lawnmowers to a john deere looking at a 465 o-turn, or a x320 ride on tractor. anybody have any info on these going with the 54" deck equipped, i have a few hills (fairly steep) and was wondering how these o-turns handle on grades? does the front end want to drop down sidehilling very easy or is it minimal to control with the rears?
I think i am going to take a 465 home for a demo cut and hopefully not flip it lol.

** lawnmower thread wtf lol.

thanks

Oooooo I see a cheap mower coming up for sale.

sent from my HTC

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everyone knows that it has to be a Kubota to sidehill well. Deeres sidehill like a damn XP.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My old man bought a zero turn cub cadet a couple (675 cc Kawi v twin) years ago works good on hills and it kick azz like Tyler g said cuts mowing time in half or more only problem is he hold have bought one 20 years ago

Megrizzly

Reaction score
Bought a 445 with 54" deck last year. Have 2 ride one with 54"s and the zero turn will almost outdo the two units. It is nice having more weight on the drive wheels for doing ditches or hills, but you may scare the chit out of yourself as sometimes when turning on a steep grade will side slip. Doesn't have the evenness of the older ride one as well. Still a great mower. Can't believe some people will buy the cheaper ones at Home Depot, coop, etc because they think the Deere's are so expensive. I paid $5,000 for it and will still be able to get parts in 20 years.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 445 Deere as well. On the flat and level it is an amazing unit and will cut at any speed. On steeper stuff it is not as good as I would like and will side slip like mentioned. The hydrostatic drive will not pull you out of it either.

kokanee 800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So ended up going with a 445, this things a beast and kiks ass, my demo drive ended up me cutting half the hill in no time at all, pulls the hill good, and can damn near go straight across.
These things do circles so fast id be scared to do donuts full throttle lol

Top Bottom