jasper?

MOBILE

Reaction score
Hey anyone go on guided sled trips in Jasper or Banff. Want to know if it is worth it? Thanks:cool:

ronmexico

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know an old sled-head who thought that there was a right-of-way in Jasper National Park to get to this lake to go ice-fishing. Apparently 'some-guy' told them it was 'Ok'.
Well you can pretty much guess what happened, helicopter showed up and the boys had the sleds impounded and went to court and had to pay HUGE fines!

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
Hey anyone go on guided sled trips in Jasper or Banff. Want to know if it is worth it? Thanks:cool:

You can try Adrenaline Tours in Mcbride. 1.5 hours from Jasper. Adrenaline Tours is a supporting member of SnowandMud as well as a huge supporter of the local Snowmobile Club and are on the Search & Rescue squad. Rod, the owner, is the guy that won the Be Extreme contest and will be appearing in their next video.

I had a group of guests last week that hired them for a one day tour. They had such a blast that they hired them the next day as well and absolutely RAVED about their guide and the awesome tour service and learning experience they received. Can't go wrong there.

Adrenaline Tours 1-877-569-7236

zquadnut

Reaction score
There was a few areas we where able to ride up until the mid 80's in Jasper. Trails and fire roads. I think there was even a club in town. Buried a 70 something Skidoo 640 above the tree line once. Fun getting that one out,lol

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

:rant::rant:Parks Canada has both Jasper and Banff tied to their privates and no one, I mean no one can fart without them knowing about it, especially in Jasper.

They even get to decide what business's are allowed to operate during what month's... Go figure, a park that our tax dollars pay for, if you go to see it you have to pay again to get in the gate, don't get me started with the communistic Park's Canada Services..........:nono:

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are some sled tour outfits out of Camore.....and like above tour companies out of Valemont and Mcbide.....I chatted with one of the Canmore guys a few years ago, they are very carful about even getting close to the park boundaries.....

Was sleding out of Grande Cache a few years back, took some bad advice a couple of wrong turns and ended up in the Willmore.....never saw anyone as we overnighted and got back late the next day....but wife had been called, is all they asked was if someone driving my truck was sledding in the Grand Cache area....so when I callled home she had been worring for over a day...

A couple of weeks later. I recieved a nice letter along with a map, they asked if we enjoyed the area and are welcomed back....just stay out of the park. They then proceeded to explain that if we had been actuacty caught in the park that they could confiscate our truck, trailer and sleds as well as pay fines....have a nice day hope to see you agian soon....

spike7ss

Reaction score
Only sledding allowed is dog sledding, which was actually kinda fun. Still not the same as snowmobiling.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Only sledding allowed is dog sledding, which was actually kinda fun. Still not the same as snowmobiling.

I was at a Travel Alberta (I think) kiosk in Chinook mall in Calgary and saw the pictures around the top (snowmobiling and dog sledding besides others). I asked about the false advertizing regarding snowmobiling in the Park. The kiosk operator said, "you can't snowmobile in the Park and the tour operators actually ride in the Canmore area. Then he went on to say.....

"You can't even run dog sleds in Banff!" and it appears that spike7ss has actually been dog sledding so what's the scoop.....

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rant::rant:Parks Canada has both Jasper and Banff tied to their privates and no one, I mean no one can fart without them knowing about it, especially in Jasper.

They even get to decide what business's are allowed to operate during what month's... Go figure, a park that our tax dollars pay for, if you go to see it you have to pay again to get in the gate, don't get me started with the communistic Park's Canada Services..........:nono:

But apprently you can milk an old contract from the 40's, rip up a lot of park land and weave a big old gas line through it.

But you can't take your leashed pooch up a few trails anymore.

Go figure!

I think that the parks have become some people's personal agenda and what they want goes, without public consultation. My rant for the day.

Top Bottom