January Snow Conditions

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What is Bell like? Is there much for climbing or pretty tame? I have never been there always ride Renshaw

With basically the same length of trail in I would ride Luicille for better climbs. This being said I haven't rode Bell were I have had to travel far from the cabin to find snow.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Renshaw yesterday. We found areas in the trees to play that had over 2 feet but snow has definitely accumulated in specific spots rather than the entire area. A lot of areas are still very pounded out or have tracks and trenches with minimal cover. We still need a good reload to freshen things up but there is some good riding if you are willing to play lumberjack for the day, cabin cruisers may still be disappointed. Trail is I wicked condition with only a few icy corners towards he bottom Cheers.

Complexd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Assualtn, how far back did you go to find good snow ? Probably going to ride Renshaw on Saturday

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Damn near went back to spirit but surprisingly the best snow we found was down in the creek/ trees behind the cabin. If you head south from the saddle and keep crawling down through the bush into the creek you will find some deeep stuff but bring a saw:d. Navigating from that creek up to the trail will be great technical riding. I would also suggest checking the meadows just above the steps. Cheers
Assualtn, how far back did you go to find good snow ? Probably going to ride Renshaw on Saturday

Bandit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what days the trail to renshaw gets groomed? Might be coming this weekend, have one member of the group that has knee issues, don't know if he could take it if the trail is whooped out real bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
renshaw trail is in very good shape and is groomed on a regular bases. windy as heck here, hope it is blowing in our reload. going up today do some work on renshaw cabin.

scarecrowB&B

Supporting Vendor, Scarecrow B&B
Reaction score
UPDATE for Thursday, January 21st

It's currently snowing very heavy here at the Scarecrow Farm!!!! I can see lots of snow clouds on the Renshaw range as well as on Belle!!!

Renshaw Trail will be groomed tonight or the latest tomorrow night!
Lucille Trail was groomed Monday night and should still be in decent shape!
Belle Trail was groomed Sunday night and should also be in decent shape!

We had 5 guys leaving form here this morning to go to Renshaw, as soon as they are back we will give you guys an update on the conditions up there!!

Have fun sledding guys!!!!

Sven and Cara form the Scarecrow Farm B&B

Darrell D

Reaction score
Rode Lucille today, trail was great snowimg all day unfortunately very low snow and tracked out

scarecrowB&B

Supporting Vendor, Scarecrow B&B
Reaction score
UPDATE FOR THURSDAY NIGHT January 21st

The 5 guys staying at our place just got back from Renshaw.
Trail going up was in real good shape, it was snowing for most of the day up there with a fair amount of wind.
The guys were able to find fresh snow but due the poor visibility today weren't able to go too far away from the cabin.
The forecast is calling for more snow tomorrow night according to Environment Canada.

Hope this helps you guys!

Sven and Cara from the Scarecrow Farm B&B

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I loved your video. The 1st minute was awesome. Laughed when you landed in those trees.

Looks like conditions are getting better.

Top Bottom