January Snow Conditions

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode renshaw monday and was horrible snow conditions snow level was exteamly low rocks showing everywhere if you plan to ride bring controle arms and tie rods we had a guy hit a big rock hard ....so much base I could role in to any climb hit te throttle and make my sled trench and still go to the top easy .......rode Val te rest of the week Alan creek was awsome in the trees 3 feet of snow on top and snow levels are way better in your in mcbride drive to Val unless your a cabbin cruser and just like crushing beers

Last edited:

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to Hotrod this morning, did a oneway up Renshaw last night. It was raining on the trail up till 20km but after that snowing very hard! Hoping temps fall so he can clean things up!! Plus yesterday he was out with friends to AB/BC and it was very, very good snow over there and no tracks and 1/2 day of bluebird!

Headed out tomorrow, Higgins you going to be in town?

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode renshaw monday and was horrible snow conditions snow level was exteamly low risk showing everywhere if you plan to ride bring controle arms and tie rods we had a guy hit a big rock hard ....so much base I could role in to any climb hit te throttle and make my sled trench and still go to the top easy .......rode Val te rest of the week Alan creek was awsome in the trees 3 feet of snow on top and snow levels are way better in your in mcbride drive to Val unless your a cabbin cruser and just like crushing beers

Sounds awesome! Thanks for leaving all the fresh snow for us riders who don't complain! How was riding Val ?

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Val was really good lots of base and coverage 2-3 feet all through the trees had 2 really good days in Alan ......theirs just no coverage at all in mcbride I couldn't believe the rocks showing everywhere some ok riding in the trees but the lack of coverage sucks rode back a long way and snow in the open wouldn't cover my ski hoops and hit so many rocks with skis

ktmsx350f

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The one good thing about snow like this if you already their you can explore lots of new areas you can drop in almost anywhere and get back out

Jorgy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE)

Val is a hoar... Everyone rides val.[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should ride Val together...

Dags

Reaction score
We have fresh snow on bell Lucille and renshaw it's kinda heavy but will say it's deep on renshaw and from what I've heard it's good on bell and Lucille as well. Got stuck in about 3 feet of snow today but the riding was awesome. With the heavy snow ride safe cause avalanches are a definite possibility

scarecrowB&B

Supporting Vendor, Scarecrow B&B
Reaction score
3 guys that are staying with us went on belle again today and they reported 6" of fresh has fallen since last night.

brburkholder

Reaction score
I hear there is some issues Up on the Renshaw this afternoon. Have family and friends up there. Anyone know what happening?

Top Bottom