It's winter. Do you know where your lane is?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't find it cause the site is broken! Used to be really easy to do before they broke the site.

I'd do a forum poll but can't find that feature here.

The question is, in winter city/town driving where the painted lane markers are mostly covered by snow, do you try to drive inside your lane markers or in the tire tracks that are generally no where near the lane markers?

I'm a lane marker guy, but maybe that's just my rebel ways.

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
"In unpacked snow"

In unpacked snow, yes, But not on the packed stuff, thats worse than the ice sometimes. I just take my time, leave early for stuff, keep my distance and be ready for it if it slides out. I'm not stupid, I'm not gonna be pushing 120 on snow and ice with summer tires and no 4x4, I am a safe driver, just short on cash and still gotta get stuff done

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In unpacked snow, yes, But not on the packed stuff, thats worse than the ice sometimes. I just take my time, leave early for stuff, keep my distance and be ready for it if it slides out. I'm not stupid, I'm not gonna be pushing 120 on snow and ice with summer tires and no 4x4, I am a safe driver, just short on cash and still gotta get stuff done

Joey, may I offer you some advice. You made your point here in this post, and I agree that if you take your time and drive to the conditions, leave early to allow for possible delays and keep your distance you will do fine. But when you do scrape up enough cash, go out and get some good all season tires. I know that you can't afford two sets of tires for your truck so go for the next best thing. Another piece of advice. When people on this site start bashing your last post where you say that you are not Stupid, prove it to them by not getting into a pissing match with them.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
Joey what size rims are on your truck? I have 3 18" general grabber at2's with about 60% tread left that you can have to help ya out....if not when you have some $ check the prices at the crappy tire in whitecourt...... I don't promote CT but the on here has the best prices I have found on tires

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Joey what size rims are on your truck? I have 3 18" general grabber at2's with about 60% tread left that you can have to help ya out....if not when you have some $ check the prices at the crappy tire in whitecourt...... I don't promote CT but the on here has the best prices I have found on tires

Should be 16 inch on a older dodge

Sent from my iPhone using

carguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is no lane discipline on roads in Calgary.
And what's with all the traffic after midnight on a Friday night, driving home from work felt like I was in daytime/rush hour traffic.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

If your still planning on coming out sledding I have a set of studded winter tires that will fit your dodge, they are off mine but im not using it this winter. I will give them to you free. Would rather help you out then have to respond to a forum post that reads RIP.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
monday-motivational-4.jpg

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your still planning on coming out sledding I have a set of studded winter tires that will fit your dodge, they are off mine but im not using it this winter. I will give them to you free. Would rather help you out then have to respond to a forum post that reads RIP.

Thanks for the offer! really appreciate it, but i'm really short on cash, and I sold my mountain max this morning to put some $$$ into my truck, gotta fix my 4x4 and at least buy 2 winter tires and throw some weight in the back. My rims are 16" Pilo, but thanks for the offer, again I appreciate it :) hoping to go to work this week, been shut down for 6 weeks because some dumbazz that knows nothing about operating deciding he could operate a loader and flipped it, which is why I have been broke the past little while. Thanks for the help and advice guys

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
if one guy flipping a loader shut down the operation your working for joey......look for a bigger more professional outfit
Thanks for the offer! really appreciate it, but i'm really short on cash, and I sold my mountain max this morning to put some $$$ into my truck, gotta fix my 4x4 and at least buy 2 winter tires and throw some weight in the back. My rims are 16" Pilo, but thanks for the offer, again I appreciate it :) hoping to go to work this week, been shut down for 6 weeks because some dumbazz that knows nothing about operating deciding he could operate a loader and flipped it, which is why I have been broke the past little while. Thanks for the help and advice guys

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if one guy flipping a loader shut down the operation your working for joey......look for a bigger more professional outfit

they did a whole investigation, they really enforce safety, they have a "no incident" policy, really safe company, just don't have their sh!t together this month, i'm job hunting haha

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still need to get places people, think what you want, I do half the speed limit and keep my distance, wanna fix my 4x4 or buy me some new tires? be my guest, no need to be a d!ck to someone whose just short on cash lately.

sell the sled by tires when you can afford tires get back into sledding... not being a d*** just the truth be safe out there... your only going to hurt yourself... or worse some kid... two christmas ago a five year old up here got blown out his boots by a pick up with crap tires on... ya he said he was going slow too... i heard they had to hold back a mod who wanted to kill him... fyi 4x4 only helps you outta the ditch it doesn't keep you on the road or slow you down anyfaster

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sell the sled by tires when you can afford tires get back into sledding... not being a d*** just the truth be safe out there... your only going to hurt yourself... or worse some kid... two christmas ago a five year old up here got blown out his boots by a pick up with crap tires on... ya he said he was going slow too... i heard they had to hold back a mod who wanted to kill him... fyi 4x4 only helps you outta the ditch it doesn't keep you on the road or slow you down anyfaster

I agree!! to an extent 4x4 helps on hills and in town and stuff, but doesn't really mean anything on the highway, sled is gone, looking for new tires starting tomorrow :D

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree!! to an extent 4x4 helps on hills and in town and stuff, but doesn't really mean anything on the highway, sled is gone, looking for new tires starting tomorrow :D

sorry i read the post about selling the sled too late... good job! Life's about priorities... do what you have to do may not always be what you want to do

Top Bottom