It's winter. Do you know where your lane is?

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I drive wherever my little car will let me. With the lack of winter road maintenance around here the last few years my options are limited. The truck's just for sleddin', and I only go about 5 km's to unload, so not really an issue. ;)
I'm surprised that you don't ride right from your house....

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what i hate is when a tractor trailer unit decides the middle of the road is where he wants to be because he can't see the lines... happens a lot up here with all these two lane highways... drives me nuts...

gates559

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what i hate is when a tractor trailer unit decides the middle of the road is where he wants to be because he can't see the lines... happens a lot up here with all these two lane highways... drives me nuts...

Or they just got there license four hours ago and are scared to be anywhere except the middle of the road.

I wish we had lane markers instead of painted lines. they get covered in dirt here so fast in the summer and then snow in the winter.

Doolvr

Reaction score
View attachment 163633

thought you guys might enjoy that. For me it depends on the road conditions, my tires suck and my 4x4 isn't working, so I drive wherever I feel safest in the lane, wherever I get the most traction which is usually in the ruts, but that's just because if I drive where the lane is I'll spin out. and Yes, I do less than the speed limit in shatty conditions.

(can't afford tires, and i'm working on getting my 4x4 working again)
Maybe you shouldn't be driving such a POS and putting others lives at risk because you can't afford to be safe on the roads your lucky your in AB not Bc or other provinces that do inspections.

iMO if you can't be driving a safe vehicle then you shouldn't be driving at all

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Perfect...I'm gonna go with that excuse next time I cause a 47 car pileup.;"I can't afford tires and my 4x4 doesn't work."
View attachment 163633

thought you guys might enjoy that. For me it depends on the road conditions, my tires suck and my 4x4 isn't working, so I drive wherever I feel safest in the lane, wherever I get the most traction which is usually in the ruts, but that's just because if I drive where the lane is I'll spin out. and Yes, I do less than the speed limit in shatty conditions.

But Jesus loves me.

Doolvr

Reaction score
Perfect...I'm gonna go with that excuse next time I cause a 47 car pileup.;"I can't afford tires and my 4x4 doesn't work."
But Jesus loves me.
Ya no chit eh. Lawyers would love to see this. Guilty as charged I killed someone because I can't afford tires for my vehicle.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
You just reinforced once again waht a simple minded putz you are.
View attachment 163633

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still need to get places people, think what you want, I do half the speed limit and keep my distance, wanna fix my 4x4 or buy me some new tires? be my guest, no need to be a d!ck to someone whose just short on cash lately.

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I see so many vehicles in sask running winters all year round

That's one of my pet peeves. Drives me crazy. I wait as long as possible to put winters on my car, and they come off as soon as I think I'm mostly clear of snow and ice. They handle like garbage on dry pavement.

Carrots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still need to get places people, think what you want, I do half the speed limit and keep my distance, wanna fix my 4x4 or buy me some new tires? be my guest, no need to be a d!ck to someone whose just short on cash lately.

Half the speed limit? So your the guy in the left lane on the highway doing 55k in marginal conditions cause you can't afford tires?

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol nope, left lane is for passing

Sorry if my lack of funds are a hindrance to your life, i'm selling my sled tomorrow for money to fix it jackazz

joey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But you said you ride where ever you can get traction..... What if those ruts are half in the left and te right and your obstructing others with the proper winter equipment from passing

that rarely happens, 90% of the time the left lane is snow covered, so I am always in the right lane, unless its in the city where streets are mostly clear and I don't have a problem

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
that rarely happens, 90% of the time the left lane is snow covered, so I am always in the right lane, unless its in the city where streets are mostly clear and I don't have a problem

Just something to keep in mind. In winter white will always have better traction. Those ruts your riding in are solid packed ice. You will get better traction in the in packed snow.

Top Bottom