Is the new 1100T really an everything killer?

Dragin

Reaction score
Allen Creek, December 27th 11'

048-1.jpg

Look at all those broke riderless sleds! How's anyone gonna get into the cabin? Lol.
It musta taken hours to drag all those skuds down the trail. Lol

Dragin

Reaction score
That must be it! my turbo is close to 300hp and I just couldn't handle the power of the cat. The cat handled ok and looks good but needs about 5 to 10 k worth of goodies to make it any kind of real performer but in the end could be a great sled I'm sure but out of the box like I said turd wagon just my opinion

Soooo your pushing 300hp and it didn't cost you 5-10 grand?

Just saying...

Captain Undies

Reaction score
That must be it! my turbo is close to 300hp and I just couldn't handle the power of the cat. The cat handled ok and looks good but needs about 5 to 10 k worth of goodies to make it any kind of real performer but in the end could be a great sled I'm sure but out of the box like I said turd wagon just my opinion

What and yours wasnt a turd wagon outta the box until you put 5000-9000 bucks into it?

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
Well I started this thread and it has gotten a little off track but I now have answered my own question after a wicked weekend in Revy riding with the new M1100. Here is the unbiased truth: My M1000 will kill a stock 1100, I was shocked! Now one fellow had a M11 with a 3" 174 track and the Boondocker box which put him just around the 200 hp range and we did some serious climbing and comparing. On a long pull my machine would keep up with him untill the top of the hill where I had to sidehill a bit to make it he went straight up so he did have more holding power. This was the closest comparison to how my machine is equipped so it was an awesome comparison, as fair as you could get I think. Now I then asked to ride this machine and it was the best thing I could have done because I saved myself alot of money, remember that I LOVE MY CAT. This machine is heavy! This machine feels like an Xp with weight added to the front end and I was shocked at the effort it took to throw it around which the owner also agreed. The power is good but it is doggy on the bottom end and I dont think it would be a great boondocking in the trees macine at all, once it wound up it did feel like it had more than my machine but not much which we proved on our hillclimb comparison. The ride felt good but I did not pound down a trail to get that feel but I did notice the front end felt plush. I may get some bashing here but I will tell you all that unless they make some pretty drastic improvements to the sled I will not be snowchecking one as I originally planned and I may have to run the old M1000 another year or so! Thanks for all the good info on here.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah it cost that but a turbo kit is probably 6500+ and you still have a stocker with a shity track poor clutching and factory suspension and a 625 pound sled. My 1200 doo was very expensive to build and if you seen it you would understand why it's 550 pounds with minimal fuel weighed at c3 and its done with the best of the best parts and it works flawless and there's people on here that can back that

Last edited:

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well heading to sicamous on wednsday and Mountain Majic will have there 1100 there with some goodies on it will let ya know how it is with some hp

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your bagging on a sled cause it would take 5-10g to make it any good and you had to drop 35g on yours...Your the idiot...just sayin
to make the 1100 cat what mine is would take the same I'm sure

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow- i leave for a couple days...and it hits the fan....i was gonna share how comparible it was to the 2012 240 nytro that Chris Brown had,,,but i guess thats a waste...anyone that is interested let me know i would share it... but not on this quote "turd" fest whinners corner... no problem to have an oppinion folks...but keep it real,,, 5 red, 5 blue, who cares...whats the post about..? whats the question its not hard ?

if i ask what color an apple is? are we gonna talk about oranges?
nice..

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow- i leave for a couple days...and it hits the fan....i was gonna share how comparible it was to the 2012 240 nytro that Chris Brown had,,,but i guess thats a waste...anyone that is interested let me know i would share it... but not on this quote "turd" fest whinners corner... no problem to have an oppinion folks...but keep it real,,, 5 red, 5 blue, who cares...whats the post about..? whats the question its not hard ?

nice..
it's all your fault then....?

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup....another legitimate question and the thread turns to szhit....and some wonder why it's so quiet around here.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

nice..

I hope you weren't going to say it was comparable because I've heard of a lot of guys blowing past them with 180 rear mount nytro's. Unless his 240 is that poorly set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1100t with 2.5 162, straight pipe and lite batt. Best sled I've ever owned, came off a 180 nytro from last year, similar power but edge to the 1100 on power, the egos and handling on the nytro were junk compared to the cat. I hated the ice build up from the rear mount mcx. Buddy we ride with has a m1000 3x162 can reeds that's it, not even in the ball park 1100 kills it. I love no power loss at altitiude compared to 2 smokers. I have my bd box ready to install with 220 Reliable hp I think this sled is a game changer and I'm into it for 16k not the 20 plus of a Yama.

iqrpoo

Reaction score
well catman, I have to say (even knowing that the brand bashing, green bleeding, catpee smelling whiney biotches, and the french speaking, 16 wide loving, been making excuses up for poor handling sled for the last 4 years guys are going to hate this post), you have given the most honest ride report, and this was your own thread that you started yourself. You ride a cat, and you like their older version better (that's wicked, I like their older version better too!) It's hard to argue that a well set up well tuned m1000 cat will give ANY stock sled ever made a run for its money. Sometimes when boondocking but especially in straight out full on straight line hillclimbing. I say this and I'm a die hard poo guy....(Still would take my poo over your inferior sleds any day just for the record lol!)
Congrats on a good thread turned sour, but ending in a great post gone unrecognized by many!
JUst for the record, I miss the great argument threads like this one, the kind that we used to have on snowest before the whiners took control, that's why I came here, but guys, catman was asking for honest opipions here not douchebag ones :)

Captain Undies

Reaction score
well catman, I have to say (even knowing that the brand bashing, green bleeding, catpee smelling whiney biotches, and the french speaking, 16 wide loving, been making excuses up for poor handling sled for the last 4 years guys are going to hate this post), you have given the most honest ride report, and this was your own thread that you started yourself. You ride a cat, and you like their older version better (that's wicked, I like their older version better too!) It's hard to argue that a well set up well tuned m1000 cat will give ANY stock sled ever made a run for its money. Sometimes when boondocking but especially in straight out full on straight line hillclimbing. I say this and I'm a die hard poo guy....(Still would take my poo over your inferior sleds any day just for the record lol!)
Congrats on a good thread turned sour, but ending in a great post gone unrecognized by many!
JUst for the record, I miss the great argument threads like this one, the kind that we used to have on snowest before the whiners took control, that's why I came here, but guys, catman was asking for honest opipions here not douchebag ones :)

Have to say your right and its good to hear people being positive. And you are right about the douche bag comments,.....problem is that we have douchebags like Maxwell on here do nothing but brand bash and talk trash the whole time dragging the convo down.

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I started this thread and it has gotten a little off track but I now have answered my own question after a wicked weekend in Revy riding with the new M1100. Here is the unbiased truth: My M1000 will kill a stock 1100, I was shocked! Now one fellow had a M11 with a 3" 174 track and the Boondocker box which put him just around the 200 hp range and we did some serious climbing and comparing. On a long pull my machine would keep up with him untill the top of the hill where I had to sidehill a bit to make it he went straight up so he did have more holding power. This was the closest comparison to how my machine is equipped so it was an awesome comparison, as fair as you could get I think. Now I then asked to ride this machine and it was the best thing I could have done because I saved myself alot of money, remember that I LOVE MY CAT. This machine is heavy! This machine feels like an Xp with weight added to the front end and I was shocked at the effort it took to throw it around which the owner also agreed. The power is good but it is doggy on the bottom end and I dont think it would be a great boondocking in the trees macine at all, once it wound up it did feel like it had more than my machine but not much which we proved on our hillclimb comparison. The ride felt good but I did not pound down a trail to get that feel but I did notice the front end felt plush. I may get some bashing here but I will tell you all that unless they make some pretty drastic improvements to the sled I will not be snowchecking one as I originally planned and I may have to run the old M1000 another year or so! Thanks for all the good info on here.

Good post , and i totally agree. With 200 hp or up this machine COULD be fun, IF you could get rid of the low end lag (bog) and if the snoows fluffy. In hard or set up snow, have fun its a plain old wrestling match....and yeah I know...not if you know how to ride. Blah,blah, listened to the same crap for the last few years about the XP, which apparently was BS , cause its better now. LOL. Hopefully Cat will make some much needed changes. Factory turbo would be nice for sustaining the power at altitude but not at the cost of the bottom end hit.

Top Bottom