Is the new 1100T really an everything killer?

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Take it easy! The poster asked for some opinions or feed back on these machines. And that was his feed back and opinion. Just cause you didn't like it doesn't mean that you need to go off on a rant!
Ive had many a people lose it when I post facts. What a turn of events we have here.

hecks

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spoke with a gentleman in Revy who weighed the following sleds on a shop scale. IIRC.... 1100t full of fluids/fuel is 675 lbs, Polaris (163) 555 lbs, not sure on the Doo.

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i heard that with a HID light conversion that they destroy everything in their path.

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First and foremost it's a four stroke TURBO. Cannot compare to a 2 stroke weight. That said, this is the beginning of the evolution in four stroke snowmobiling. Every industry shift has to start somewhere, and if this is it, Cat did an amazing job on the engine, chassis combo. This will start to push 4 stroke sleds to a new level and that's good for everyone.

Chassis ride is the most comfortable I have ever been on. This chassis is highly sensitive to even the slightest change in air or spring pressure. It takes a bit of tweaking to find your sweet spot.....but once you do!! This sled is rolling over the bumps faster than ever.

Very reminiscent of my old ZR, and look where that chassis took Cat. Have to start the evolution somewhere. Took a couple rides and some tweaking to find the right ride position and suspension setup, but after that it became quite easy to throw around. I can boondock the trees all day long. 360* turns...no problem.

Power is amazing and boosting it up costs so little. A simple flow through muffler can gain you up to 13HP and lose a chunk of weight. For less than $400 you can get a single map that will push you to 220HP on pump gas. Crazy. It is fast and i have found very little turbo lag. Simple clutching can help improve that even more. These sleds are very well setup from factory and very forgiving when it comes to clutching. Easy to tune and not much to actually "have to do".

I have had the reverse issue (at least it's not a crank!) Official fix is coming mid February. A few other minor things that are a failure of the crappy Chinese manufacturing. This will continue to be an issue for all sled manufacturers that source from China. We all better get used to it!

For a guy that said "never" to 4 stroke, I am very happy with the engine and chassis package. Like I said, it is sensitive to changes so anyone who gets on once and calls it crap is full of it themselves.

With the 2013's set for release at the end of this month, it would be worth waiting, get past most of the 1st year bugs. I will admit that I was pretty upset with the early issues. One would think that a long test season with multiple protos would prevent the issues that did appear. Bad engineering? Bad parts? Labour that doesn't give a crap, where's my paycheque? Who knows. Now that we are getting past these things I'm having a blast.

Last edited:

Walleyehunter

Reaction score
Patrick Kane and his Chicago Blackhawks were in Edmonton last night. As we all know, in the U.S., it's only upper crust kids that make the NHL. That being said, Kane boldly waged revenge on the Oilers for he way he was treated in past games. Well guess what? The oilers blew them away again. Kane: just a spoiled rich kid with a fricking big mouth! Remind you guys of anyone?

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock pro > 1100T @ 200hp
Would make a great point and shoot sled at higher HP.

Longhairfreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Patrick Kane and his Chicago Blackhawks were in Edmonton last night. As we all know, in the U.S., it's only upper crust kids that make the NHL. That being said, Kane boldly waged revenge on the Oilers for he way he was treated in past games. Well guess what? The oilers blew them away again. Kane: just a spoiled rich kid with a fricking big mouth! Remind you guys of anyone?
Im not rich.

hurtinalbertin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right. because we didnt try that or anything. bret rasmussen was there with me with arctic cats right hand man. im sure its just because im a douche canoe that it wouldnt go back into forward gear.

try again big guns
he's right though Maxwell, you jump on the bashing train every second you can. whats the sled that comes out of boulder the most under a helicopter? thats right an XP. They all have their problems and being a first year sled who would expect different. The only difference is Arctic Cat will have the issues fixed after a year and not 5 Years later like BRP.
I personally think AC with a few tweeks as produce 2 great sleds. Can't wait for the 2013's to be released and see what they have done.

Last edited:

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he's right though Maxwell, you jump on the bashing train every second you can. whats the sled that comes out of boulder the most under a helicopter? thats right an XP. They all have their problems and being a first year sled who would expect different. The only difference is Arctic Cat will have the issues fixed after a year and not 5 Years later like BRP.
I personally think AC with a few tweeks as produce 2 great sleds. Can't wait for the 2013's to be released and see what they have done.

You must have alot of time on your hands sitting in a lawn chair on Boulder mountain counting XP's getting airlifted off the hill. I call bullchit.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hagman were not talking about turds here. We are talking about green and black snow machines. I would like to take one for a tour.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
he's right though Maxwell, you jump on the bashing train every second you can. whats the sled that comes out of boulder the most under a helicopter? thats right an XP. They all have their problems and being a first year sled who would expect different. The only difference is Arctic Cat will have the issues fixed after a year and not 5 Years later like BRP.I personally think AC with a few tweeks as produce 2 great sleds. Can't wait for the 2013's to be released and see what they have done.
Couldn't possibly be because there are 5 XPs on the hill for every cat or Polaris could it?

Top Bottom