So lets summarize the big 4.....

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
heard the same. ready to go, but still struggling with the weight issue

they fixed it and added some instantaneous lift...very flickable now

Now that we’ve seen all 4 manufacturer’s lineup, I can’t help but say that I’m impressed. It’s really a great time to be a sledder. As much as we complain about some things, is there really anything which is a deal breaker? Doubtful. The new machines are really good, and very very few of us can outride any of them stock. What we are buying stock, is getting close to what a full mod was only a couple of years ago, yet, we are getting that with a warranty.

Even the used market is crazy – the deals are great on used iron. I can’t recall a time where the previous versions of sleds were as capable as they are now.

Despite what anyone says, I don’t think there has ever been a better time to be a sledder.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tell that to this guy crash.jpg

Last edited:

2dawgsfawkin

Reaction score
one thing for certain.

i can guarantee you, that at moment, those two dudes do not give a fawk about their drop and roll

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
one thing for certain.

i can guarantee you, that at moment, those two dudes do not give a fawk about their drop and roll

Huh. I would think they are experiencing drop and will wonder how many times they will roll on ground contact

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great job, if its to long for some they don't need to read it...

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo did a great job and I don't even need to ride it to know that. It appears it may be turbo friendly too with the 4 injectors already designed in. Still might be a little heavy for me though. I don't even like the extra weight that the AXYS carries on their chaincase models.
I rode a 16 Cat and it still feels fat and I don't expect the 17 will be much better. Yamaha, although I am always impressed with their engineering, don't belong in the mountains, or at least when there are trees near by.

:nono: Did someone's milk get spilled... LOL ... Post removed :cool:

06 Dragon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It would be nice for them go back to the spring test rides. A spring fling. Have the big four bring their sleds out so interested and potential buyers for next season can test ride the different sleds to help them in making their decision. Not just have to take the word of a precious few that have seen them, and maybe even got lucky enough to ride one. There are enough keyboard jockeys with an opinion. The big four load up the trucks and bring them out to the perspective areas. Trail machines and cross overs to those areas that have that style of ryding. Mountain machines to to mountains and let the consumer put them to a real world comparison.
It is a pretty big investment to make on Internet hype. Yamaha has Yama fest. Polaris used to travel around to different dealerships with demos as well. Would just be nice for them to all be in one spot at same time to make a good actual real time comparison and decisions. Good PR as well.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can't even get all 4 manufacturers to display the units statically for one day in Edmonton every year so doubt they will get together for a ride opportunity although can you not ride them all at the expo down in West Yellowstone every year? Maybe its a Canadian thing up here that is stopping this from happening?

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Although new packages, I am not seeing anything really really new...
Doo - new 850 engine - Others have done the 800+in years previous. The true game changer was ETEC
Doo- new 15"X165 track, This stock on Popo +/- a couple inches
Popo - new 174" track. Doo been there, done that
Popo - 160HP engine that could be reliable and get decent mileage. ETEC is the 2 stroke Messiah.
Yammy - new factory turbo engine. Yammy's Siamese twin - Caca, has been offering a turbo 4-stroke option for a few years.
Caca- a potential candidate for 2 stroke Messiah was the C-Tech, if offered in the 800
I get the feeling that the Big 4 met a swap meet some place in Chile and took home a box of hand-me-downs from each other this year.
Or is it just me..

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo - new 850 engine - Others have done the 800+in years previous. The true game changer was ETEC
Popo - 160HP engine that could be reliable and get decent mileage. ETEC is the 2 stroke Messiah.
Yammy - new factory turbo engine. Yammy's Siamese twin - Caca, has been offering a turbo 4-stroke option for a few years.
Caca- a potential candidate for 2 stroke Messiah was the C-Tech, if offered in the 800
I get the feeling that the Big 4 met a swap meet some place in Chile and took home a box of hand-me-downs from each other this year.
Or is it just me..
Over all 4 manufacturers maybe not big changes but Doo has a new engine with new technology in it, drive clutch that has replaced the ancient TRA, and a new chassis with a new upgraded version of the RAS design. Yamaha has an all new motor with new technology in it as well and a factory turbo and a new chassis do they not? Cat has refined there chassis and Polaris has a 174 track which is new to them after making industry leading changes last year. How much do you need to see in a year to be happy? Lol.

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
New track is still 16" in width
Or is it just me..

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is in the Calgary/Cochrane area Monday, March 7th BowRidge Sports in Cochrane will have a new orange crush 2017 Summit at the store for guys to look at and sit on. They are open 9am-8pm that day so the working peeps have a chance to see it to. I believe they will be blowing out some BRP clothing and Accessories that day as well. This unit is making the rounds at all dealers so call your dealer for there tour stop date.

Reactions: GRD

52weekbreak

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Over all 4 manufacturers maybe not big changes but Doo has a new engine with new technology in it, drive clutch that has replaced the ancient TRA, and a new chassis with a new upgraded version of the RAS design. Yamaha has an all new motor with new technology in it as well and a factory turbo and a new chassis do they not? Cat has refined there chassis and Polaris has a 174 track which is new to them after making industry leading changes last year. How much do you need to see in a year to be happy? Lol.

Solar power hover-sled!!?

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected. I thought I read on an ad that the new track was 15"
What will make me happy?
A Popo chassis with an 800 ETEC, 163" tip up rails with 2.5" paddles, riser bars for a 6' 5" dude, engine access like the old clam shell hoods, enough room to install two muff pots, anti-snow sticking tunnel and rails, light weight wheel kit for the low/no snow trail rides, tethers, weighs 410#'s and costs less than $12,000 CAD.

New track is still 16" in width

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Am I starting to sound like LHF? LMFAO
I stand corrected. I thought I read on an ad that the new track was 15"
What will make me happy?
A Popo chassis with an 800 ETEC, 163" tip up rails with 2.5" paddles, riser bars for a 6' 5" dude, engine access like the old clam shell hoods, enough room to install two muff pots, anti-snow sticking tunnel and rails, light weight wheel kit for the low/no snow trail rides, tethers, weighs 410#'s and costs less than $12,000 CAD.

Eldereldo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think if I was in the market for a new sled, I would have a real tough time choosing which one to go with. Probably wouldn't pick a Yammy just because I still get stuck to much :) Think it will probably be even a harder decision next year if Cat does release their new motor and continues to shed weight.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i stand corrected. I thought i read on an ad that the new track was 15"
what will make me happy?
A popo chassis with an 800 etec, 163" tip up rails with 2.5" paddles, riser bars for a 6' 5" dude, engine access like the old clam shell hoods, enough room to install two muff pots, anti-snow sticking tunnel and rails, light weight wheel kit for the low/no snow trail rides, tethers, weighs 410#'s and costs less than $12,000 cad.
hmmmm, you need a skidoo 163" 800 sp ... They're around $12000 or less ... And has most of your wish list, except the old clam shell hoods. I see riverside is selling 2015 summitx 174" t3 for $12999 + gst right now

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hmmmm, you need a skidoo 163" 800 sp ... They're around $12000 or less ... And has most of your wish list, except the old clam shell hoods. I see riverside is selling 2015 summitx 174" t3 for $12999 + gst right now

anti-snow sticking tunnel and rails, --- are you drinking , nothing carries as much snow on and in the tunnel as the XM, Cat carries none, Poo isn't as good but way better than Doo.

Top Bottom