Is the new 1100T really an everything killer?

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And "someone" had to bash.............Thanks for your great insight on what the topic wasn't about muffinman.........
Yeah you're right, sorry everyone. That one was too easy to pass up though :) Anyhow, back on topic...

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And "someone" had to bash.............Thanks for your great insight on what the topic wasn't about muffinman.........

not a bash. ever had to pull one of these bohemoths out of a bowl by hand? because it would not go into forward gear with 50 miles on it?

its a serious issue and there is no fix. something everyone should consider when purchasing one. not to mention you can not remove the chaincase on the hill without some serious tools to manually put it into forward gear.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with 3 of them. The guys who own them aren't pro riders. One thing I can say is since those guys went 4 stroke they get stuck alot less. 2.5 track is a must. One huge plus. The front ends are tough. Plenty stronger than my nitro sub frame. They are heavy but.. Super fun to ride. I spent a day on one and as others have said you need more seat time than that to really get used to it. Last Sunday I spent the day on a 2012. 163 Polaris. I didn't think it was the ch!t like others seem to. It was gutless slow motion sledding. And the pro is a toilet on the trail bumps. But to be fair I need to spend more time on it to really judge it. Especially since I have been on a nitro for over 25000 km. Hijack the m1100 and it's all there for cheap compared to other 4 stroke turbos

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just wait till you get in heavy snow. even the yamaha's carve good in powder. that changes pretty fast when you get heavier, wetter snow. imo id rather have a m8. funner sled to ride.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We are in the process of reworking one now. Its going to get a highjacker box, updated aluminum charge tubes(instock), mod rods vent kit, some taller bars and most likely the biggest gain of all a camo extreme track. They heat soak pretty bad once you start to feed them the boost.So imo like any turbo built sled maximum under hood airflow is a must. Clutching is going to be another story all together and a helix is going to be the ticket to really make this sled work.My two bits

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
havent seen one pass me yet on my old crusty 08 800... Think i even have a video of me killin one out in gorman running up to the lake in open pow

clarkydubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i rode one in about 2 feet of fresh, pulled like a freight train in stock form. was heavy for sure, but coming off a 2010 m8 i can say that in a straight hill climb it would smoke me every time.
the handle bars is what threw me off so i didnt get very comfortable on it because i didnt want my sled to feel weird after. would like to see an expierenced XP rider jump on one and get some feed back.
if it had verticle steering i could definitly get used to it!!!!
as for your m1000 vs the m1100.....it would be a good battle for sure, but i hate to say it, but you will probably like your m1000s bottom end grunt more then the 1100 top end power......
my .02

M8BRUINS

Reaction score
Well boys and girls of all ages. Have any of you actually had the opportunity to ride with Catman10 and his sensational M1000? Well I've ridin with him once or twice and I can tell you first hand, the guy is a genius. Unfortunately it took him 2 years of experimenting on his 07 M1000 and another year on his 09 M1000 to finally get it right. LOL

As Jim Carey's charactor "Stanley Ipkiss" would say in the movie "The Mask" : SMOKIN!!!

Captain Undies

Reaction score
not a bash. ever had to pull one of these bohemoths out of a bowl by hand? because it would not go into forward gear with 50 miles on it?

its a serious issue and there is no fix. something everyone should consider when purchasing one. not to mention you can not remove the chaincase on the hill without some serious tools to manually put it into forward gear.

You just dont know how to shut up do you Maxwell? you seem to spew a lot of diarrea outta your mouth in the cat forum and are never any help. WHat do you consider serious tools? a torx screwdriver? thats a serious tool? wow your such a douche canoe! If you would use your head instead of your mouth you would know that all you need is a torx screwdriver and a flathead screwdriver(tools that people do carry) to get it back into gear if they have experienced staying locked in reverse. Its about a 10-15min fix with a beer and a smoke included and not having to remove the oil tank. If you were soo smart you would have taken off the reverse actuator(torx screwdriver) and then take the gear/plug out, you can look right in and then use your other "serious" tool (flathead scrwdriver) and reach in with it and push back on reverse gear while someone rocks the track a little..........problem solved for the time being, without having to be a dumb ass and heave it out, instead just reasemble( another 10-15 mins) and go drive and enjoy the day, just remember not to put in reverse. That is a problem that cat does have to adress and fix, but im sure they will.

Unklsnomobile

Reaction score
I had an etec last year, now the m1000t. They handle quite similar. I was very happy last year, and I'm very happy this year. You really can't compare a four stroke to a two stroke. More power, and more weight. Takes more effort, but handles very well. Does it beat stock sleds? Yes, easily. The higher the elevation, the bigger the difference. Does the modded 1000m stand a chance? If the turbo is stock, then yes. If the boost is cranked up, and it also has a 174, nah I don't think so. 240 hp at elevation more than makes up for the extra weight. But I guess we'll see.....

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You just dont know how to shut up do you Maxwell? you seem to spew a lot of diarrea outta your mouth in the cat forum and are never any help. WHat do you consider serious tools? a torx screwdriver? thats a serious tool? wow your such a douche canoe! If you would use your head instead of your mouth you would know that all you need is a torx screwdriver and a flathead screwdriver(tools that people do carry) to get it back into gear if they have experienced staying locked in reverse. Its about a 10-15min fix with a beer and a smoke included and not having to remove the oil tank. If you were soo smart you would have taken off the reverse actuator(torx screwdriver) and then take the gear/plug out, you can look right in and then use your other "serious" tool (flathead scrwdriver) and reach in with it and push back on reverse gear while someone rocks the track a little..........problem solved for the time being, without having to be a dumb ass and heave it out, instead just reasemble( another 10-15 mins) and go drive and enjoy the day, just remember not to put in reverse. That is a problem that cat does have to adress and fix, but im sure they will.

right. because we didnt try that or anything. bret rasmussen was there with me with arctic cats right hand man. im sure its just because im a douche canoe that it wouldnt go back into forward gear.

try again big guns

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
right. because we didnt try that or anything. bret rasmussen was there with me with arctic cats right hand man. im sure its just because im a douche canoe that it wouldnt go back into forward gear.

try again big guns

did you have your crayons with you?

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is'nt a new apex 174hp stk this yr????

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you have your crayons with you?

no but i now have crayola 24 pack so i can draw pretty pictures for captain undies so he can get things through his little head.

anyways sorry to the OP was not intending to send this in that direction. the fact is the reverse can leave you stranded. period.

Dragin

Reaction score
Wow you guys really don't like Maxwell...

I've got no problem with him. As he said not cool for that to happen on a machine with only 50 miles on it. I guess Brett and the guys from Cat by your opinion are tards too?

I happen to know that the very machine he speaks of was traded for a Proclimb 800 the day it went back for warrantee.

So that's one owners opinion of the M1100T.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Take it easy! The poster asked for some opinions or feed back on these machines. And that was his feed back and opinion. Just cause you didn't like it doesn't mean that you need to go off on a rant!

Captain Undies

Reaction score

try again big guns

No I dont think you tried to do that, cause im sure if you did try it would have worked. the only way it wouldnt is if you piled up the gutz inside the gear case, and you made no metion of that

Top Bottom