Is technology endangering people and riding areas?

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great thread, valid points. The only negative I see in our area as far as being adventurous and exploratory would be the areas we have as caribou closure areas and Nature conservancy closures. There is adequate signage at the general approach areas indicating it is either caribou or Natureconservancy area, but if you go cross country you may not know when you've crossed the boundaries. Tracks are tracks and those areas have very strict rules to abide by. Breaking those rules could result in a loss of ride area for everyone.
We try to use Google earth to scope out new areas and ensure we are not crossing into Caribou or other closed areas.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
something that baffles me is the reliance and false sense of security some people do have in relationship to technology.

A nice young man in our valley rides without a helmet.. Just a touque and goggles. I asked him why he doesn't have a helmet he said, he chose to spend his money on a beacon instead. That the beacon was the best investment for his safety.

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.????????

zrtdarryl

Reaction score
nordegg summers lake havasu winters <retirement p
I agree. Wasnt that long ago you had to have a certain amount of SKILL to get up the hills. Now just point and shoot. When the skills are needed many dont have them. Sidehilling,switchbacking getting unstuck by yourself just a few examples

you see that in everything sleds bikes skis cars as the engineering gets better it seems that most of the operators skills either go down or they lose their common sense

Top Bottom