Onboard electronics and privacy

greenthumb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious what peoples thoughts are on the progressive factory electronics and privacy. Consumer analytics is a big business. Privacy issues and data breaches are becoming more commonplace. I'm not a paranoid big-brother-is-watching-you type, but you'd be naïve not to think this is modern day reality.
We already know that BRP data logs incidents such as overheats and can use them in consideration for warranty claims. With the new larger displays, gps tracking and cell phone interface, the potential for data collection and reporting is pretty significant. Would you be comfortable with your tracks and data being uploaded to BRP? What if the police could subpoena that info to use against you for issues such as trespassing, closed areas, etc? Maybe a bit of a stretch, but thieves/hackers could potentially use this to aid in thefts.
On the contrary, there could be benefits for search and rescue efforts or theft recovery.

Outdoors

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Everything will have a remote kill switch in the future, but it will be for your “safety”, hang on to the old iron just in case.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a cellphone and you have Google maps installed on it odds are you are already being tracked. Google maps tracks you even outside of cell service, it just stores the data and uploads it once you reenter service.

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you have a cellphone and you have Google maps installed on it odds are you are already being tracked. Google maps tracks you even outside of cell service, it just stores the data and uploads it once you reenter service.
Mine gives me a monthly report 😕. I could turn it off but there wouldn't be any difference in the tracking.

Top Bottom