Is Sledding worth the money?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my as well light a cigar with hundred $$$ bills! crazy expensive, high danger, expensive, usually chitty riding, poor light conditions, no snow. expensive.

beer costs way more, expensive! You get to chew on expensive chitty food, Bc rcmp like to hand out tickets , hard to find white oaklys . Tex has lots. Must be good though tex begs everyone to go out there, must be lonely lol

Hey! What the chit are you doing posting in the Snowmobile section! This is Snow OR Mud. Take ur pick.
I dont care if you've been sledding your whole life, if you don't show up and climb the 90 tomorrow you can cram it up ur azz!!!

Haha JK:beer:

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It all depends on your perspective and how you want to spend/waste your money. It brings me more recreational enjoyment than anything else, so for me there's no question.

Everyone has their guilty pleasure - as we drove back from Kelowna a few weeks ago, we must have passed 300+ 5th wheels. Just as most of those people probably question our sledding expenses I was wondering how many of those people have a $40K+ RV and use it less than a week a year all well justifying it's saving them money compared to a hotel room.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my as well light a cigar with hundred $$$ bills! crazy expensive, high danger, expensive, usually chitty riding, poor light conditions, no snow. expensive.

beer costs way more, expensive! You get to chew on expensive chitty food, Bc rcmp like to hand out tickets , hard to find white oaklys . Tex has lots. Must be good though tex begs everyone to go out there, must be lonely lol
Only thing more expensive here in b.c is gas, alcohol is cheaper here now than there

Have ur poop in a group and have stuff straped down ect right and no issues with anything here, golden where u like to go, u are asking for it

If I showed u a few of the places I know no now Larry, u would see that there is hardly any avy danger, and that places are just awesome

U go to onion lake - hummingbird, that is 100 % more in high danger than 99% of the places here

Stay home if it scares ya, I'll ride fresh snow every ride and track it up for ya

Last edited:

mxz800x

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pic,i see you got the tea in the pic also. sledding is worth every penny spent. it doesn't matter if i have to buy a avy pack,probe shovel,beacon,two way radios gps,membership to the clubs who groom the trails for us and lobby to keep the riding areas open for all sledders ,all the proper clothing to keep me dry and warm. avy training,truck,sled deck or trailer,plus hotel rooms, meals, gas, oil, booze, all the mods to the sled,and most important a 174 t3. when you climb as far as u can and get to the top, your body is shaking so bad you can't stop it,because of the adrenalin rush.Sledding is priceless.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice pic,i see you got the tea in the pic also. sledding is worth every penny spent. it doesn't matter if i have to buy a avy pack,probe shovel,beacon,two way radios gps,membership to the clubs who groom the trails for us and lobby to keep the riding areas open for all sledders ,all the proper clothing to keep me dry and warm. avy training,truck,sled deck or trailer,plus hotel rooms, meals, gas, oil, booze, all the mods to the sled,and most important a 174 t3. when you climb as far as u can and get to the top, your body is shaking so bad you can't stop it,because of the adrenalin rush.Sledding is priceless.
Had to put it down to take pic, the in eco looking over to bluelake

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only thing more expensive here in b.c is gas, alcohol is cheaper here now than there

Have ur poop in a group and have stuff straped down ect right and no issues with anything here, golden where u like to go, u are asking for it

If I showed u a few of the places I know no now Larry, u would see that there is hardly any avy danger, and that places are just awesome

U go to onion lake - hummingbird, that is 100 % more in high danger than 99% of the places here

Stay home if it scares ya, I'll ride fresh snow every ride and track it up for ya
One of my favourite Ralph Wiggum Moments - YouTube

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How much entertainment did you get buying all the accessories? To each their own with regards to mods. I am one who rides quite a bit more than the 10-12 times a year.

My sleds are pretty much stock other than TheThing can and a skid plate. Is it worth it? Every friggin' penny....................:thumbsup2:

Look at any sport and in particular, motorized sports (biking, boating, sledding). They are all expensive. Even self powered biking is expensive.

It costs to play. Get used to it!

what he said

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks sledding is expensive should look long and hard at ppl who have the horse disease…retarded what is spent on horses and accessories these days..especially applies to people who can barely afford life essentials such as food and rent let alone a hobby...

Very true. Or jet boat racing. Guys in the turbine class were going through a stainless prop every leg of the race last I heard. HUGE money. Probably spend more on one race day than a sledders whole season.

handyandy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks sledding is expensive should look long and hard at ppl who have the horse disease…retarded what is spent on horses and accessories these days..especially applies to people who can barely afford life essentials such as food and rent let alone a hobby...
That's very true. I know so many people who own 2 or 3 horses that they never ride. They spend a fortune on feed and vet bills etc. At least my sled isn't costing me money when it's parked.

Bunn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all about what you choose to spend your money on and what makes you happy. I choose snowmobiling because I love the sport and it gives me an escape from my everyday life. For a few hours every couple of weeks in the winter, I am free from people wanting something, bill collectors, bosses and what ever. Without snowmobiling, I would most likely hate winter, which is a long season sometimes.

Now that my kids are active in the sport,It gives us something to do together as a family that's not sitting in front the TV getting dumber as we watch. Any weekend we don't go out camping in the summer or snowmobiling in the winter cost me $100's of dollars shopping at the mall,movie tickets,eating out etc. After the initial cost of the equipment, It's actually cheaper for me to take the family snowmobiling for a day.

The truck I need to get to work and pull either my sled or holiday trailer...I use it everyday.The Sled trailer has been used many times for trips to the dump, picking up new furniture, lumber yard trips and moving people....It's a multi use item that gets used for more than just sleds. My wife had a really hard time a couple years back justifying the purchase of our enclosed SNOWMOBILE trailer. But the first time we used it to move somebody she worked with in a panic because U-haul screwed up on their rental truck...her eye's were opened to the fact it is a multi use item. Now she even Offers it(and me) out to move stuff.

Yes, I have spent stupid amounts of money on sledding in the last 27yrs since I started paying my own money into the sport (my dad financed the sport for my first 13yrs).But it's what I choose to spend my hard earned money on. Other people love horses,others quads,dirt bikes or race cars....that's awesome for them. My wife loves to travel,and with a family of four,that's a minimum of a $5000 hit every time we step on a plain.But that's what allows her an escape. The way I unwind and escape the day to day life stuff is snowmobiling and everything to do with it...My wife actually said to me the other day as she looked at my 5 Tupperware stuffed full of magazines and brochures all the way back to the early 70's in our storage room....."if you would have saved all the money you spend on snowmobile magazines over the years....you would have enough money for your new sled"(yes I am currently negotiating with my wife to purchase a new sled this fall).

My dad said to my wife and I a few years back that he wished he would have spent less time saving money for retirement and more money having fun. Now that he is in his Eighties,yes they have no debt and a nice nest egg,but their kids are going to get it all. They are too old and worn out from working so hard to save for retirement to even enjoy it. He told us to be less focused on 40-50yrs down the road,that we might not even see if something happens to us,but focus on now and enjoying life more everyday. I think he was right.

I choose to spend or maybe WASTE money on snowmobiling because that's what make me happy...

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is sledding worth the money... no it's not,
BUT if you are like me you have no choice. If the bug has bitten you, you will pay what ever it takes.
If you are pondering this question get out NOW will you still can.:eek:

adrift

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I earn money so i have more choices to do what i enjoy. So if i find joy out of doing something then it is worth the money!

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Y E S
.. Y E S
..... Y E S
.....:..:::.Y E S
...............Y E S
.. Y E S
..... Y E S
...........Y E S
.....Y E S
.. Y E S
..... Y E S
.....:..:::.Y E S
...............Y E S
.. Y E S
..... Y E S
...........Y E S

Tapatalk....well I'm happy with you now....thanks for the fix.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think its worth every penny nothing comes close to the amount of enjoyment i get when im out in the backcountry with my friends and family.

mountain sledding is by far the most fun you can have with ur pants on

Teth-Air

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i think its worth every penny nothing comes close to the amount of enjoyment i get when im out in the backcountry with my friends and family.

mountain sledding is by far the most fun you can have with ur pants on

You think it's fun with your pants on................

Attachments

• pants off.jpg
    pants off.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 228
Top Bottom