Is Sledding worth the money?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read this, then close your eyes and picture it.......You unload from your truck and as you climb up the trail finding the snow getting deeper as you continue up the trail and upon reaching your secret riding area you find that 4ft of snow has fallen over night and you are the first person to lay a track in it. You play all day only seeing your riding buddies and no one else. Then sun comes out later that day and you find yourself at 7500ft sitting on top of a ridge. You can see for miles all around you and you feel that sensation of overwhelming calm. Everything comes clear in your mind and you truly feel at peace with the world.

How can you put a price on that.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Read this, then close your eyes and picture it.......You unload from your truck and as you climb up the trail finding the snow getting deeper as you continue up the trail and upon reaching your secret riding area you find that 4ft of snow has fallen over night and you are the first person to lay a track in it. You play all day only seeing your riding buddies and no one else. Then sun comes out later that day and you find yourself at 7500ft sitting on top of a ridge. You can see for miles all around you and you feel that sensation of overwhelming calm. Everything comes clear in your mind and you truly feel at peace with the world.

Pictured

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Absolutely, there is nothing better than a day on the sled. Like a few have mentioned, you want expensive... buy a wakeboat.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its worth it. i have never spent the money that most of you have,,but started buying a new sled ever 2 yrs since 1971 ,stopped in 90 when we moved to Barrhead; couldnt buy new and buy a gas station at same time. winters were busy fixing and selling used sleds there. sold lots the first winter. bought em all from dealers in southern Alberta where it hadnt snowed in years.and they delivered em too. so we started riding a Gold Wing in summer and always had a old sled to load and come to Whitecourt for the poker rally and ride with my sons and friend Roy at Cadamin. since moving back to Whitecourt, have found a few older Polaris sleds. maybe someday will get another new one..but cant see spending $10,000 on that..found a pair of nice Polaris 600s this spring, people wanting a vehicle and moving.one for the local groomed trails and one for Roys non groomed trails in the bush.

Attachments

• nv35789_1.jpg
    nv35789_1.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 321
  • 115725.jpg
    115725.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 337

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its all relative....
Most everyone has a hobby or past time that they do in their free time whether it be sledding, skiing, SxS/quadding, camping, boating, etc...even gambling. Some spend a little on these activities and some spend a LOT. The amount spent on these past times is relative to each persons lifestyle....financial status, family importance/involvement. So, of course most of us say the money spent on their particular activity is "worth it" because it enhances our lives and usually our families lives too.
So whether you spend $10 or $10,000 on your "thing".....make sure it really is "worth it". We have all heard of problems that arise when that spending gets out of hand.....ie: gambling problems have been in the news many times.

Sorry if this sounds like a sermon but I hope everyone's answer to "Is Sledding Worth The Money" is, "Yes, it is absolutely worth it".

Sermon over....Cat401 out.....

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think its all relative....
Most everyone has a hobby or past time that they do in their free time whether it be sledding, skiing, SxS/quadding, camping, boating, etc...even gambling. Some spend a little on these activities and some spend a LOT. The amount spent on these past times is relative to each persons lifestyle....financial status, family importance/involvement. So, of course most of us say the money spent on their particular activity is "worth it" because it enhances our lives and usually our families lives too.
So whether you spend $10 or $10,000 on your "thing".....make sure it really is "worth it". We have all heard of problems that arise when that spending gets out of hand.....ie: gambling problems have been in the news many times.

Sorry if this sounds like a sermon but I hope everyone's answer to "Is Sledding Worth The Money" is, "Yes, it is absolutely worth it".

Sermon over....Cat401 out.....

I know people that spent $10000 on there wives chest. It's all relative. Yup Yup.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Another pic

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my as well light a cigar with hundred $$$ bills! crazy expensive, high danger, expensive, usually chitty riding, poor light conditions, no snow. expensive.

beer costs way more, expensive! You get to chew on expensive chitty food, Bc rcmp like to hand out tickets , hard to find white oaklys . Tex has lots. Must be good though tex begs everyone to go out there, must be lonely lol

Last edited:

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I make 7-10 trips each winter for 3 day weekends. Each weekend is about $800, Depending on how much you sit at the bar. So.. Last year I spent $5600-$8000 just to ride my $15000 sled. Worth every dollar. Regardless of the cost of the sled, it will cost around $275 a day to ride you sled. That doesn't include maintenance or anything else.

Yes its expensive.... like everyone else has said. Nothing will be as good as sitting at the top of the world, eating hot chicken wings from your cooker in deep snow.....

Cant wait for this winter season to start....

Top Bottom