Iphone?

SNOWPUSHER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking for a new phone, my mike just isnt good enough, so i'm thinking of maybe getting an Iphone, just wonderin like how are they? reliable? are they cheap? what if i want extra apps will cost an arm and a leg?

some feedback will really help me out. thanks!!

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well, all phones have their ups and downs. I have owned an iphone for 8 or 9 months now. I have done its updates, and it has been very reliable for me. It has never let me down, and the battery last for like 4 days for me, and i use it quite a bit everyday. I did turn some things off that were useless and wasted battery and its fine. Apps are dirt cheap. Most of them are free too. It depends what category your refering to? Games go for like 1 buck up to 10 dollars. Apps like kijiji, face book and so on are free, and some cool stuff costs no more than 3 dollars. And some of them are very useful as well. I can go on for days explaining how useful an iphone to me has been. But bottom end, GET ONE

Stillrockingabanshee

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i see that quite a bunch of people on here are happy with the iphones. At my school, everyone complains about them, wether the screen doesnt last, they dropped it and it cracked, blah blah blah. I have taken good care of mine and had it in a case at all times. ITs like that qoute; "You take care of your things, and they will take care of you"

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good phone but get a screen protector and case . They are slippery without the case. There are no real deals or promotions with these phones because they are so popular. Once you learn the settings and how get and run apps it is an amazing tool ( Ipod, Maps, GPS, weather, e-mail, text , web browsing, gamees etc. ) . I hated e-mailing, texting, browsing on my old phone because it was a pain in the AZZ but when I need to use the web or e-mail or text for a real purpose - it is easy and helpful. I bought an adapter (P.I.E) for my truck factorty stereo and I pump my Itunes form my Iphone through my truck stereo and it sounds great. (No extra Ipod or MP3 player or FM transmitter needed) the adapter also works as a charger. Even the camera and video recorder has been useful since you can e-mail a picture you just took and e-mail it home or to work or to the cops form the phone. Iphone is well supported for apps and advice . It was one of the few things I can say is worth every penny ( even for an old b#$tard like me) .

Cheers:beer::beer:

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For a case I recommend the Roots. It is thicker rubber and will take a bit of a beating and protect the phone nicely.

femme.fatale.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had mine since November 2008. I made Kevin drive me ALL the way to the city to get it, and it's been a love love relationship ever since! Mine is a 3G and only had one problem with the phone, I sent it to Apple Monday and had a brand new phone in hand by Friday. I too have kept a hard case on my phone since new - there are some serious chunks missing out of the case, but the phone has no markings on it, actually looks brand new still.

Kevin has the iPhone 4 and it's 10 times better than mine. His is much faster and more responsive. The camera is better and it records video too. I prefer to use his!

The only thing I can complain about is the software upgrade for the iPhone 4 - it should not have been released for people with the 3G. It made my phone sluggish and very unresponsive.

As for the apps, there are many many free ones out there. I have yet to pay for an app - and it's been 2 years.

As soon as something bad happens to this phone I will not hesitate to get myself an iPhone 4 or 5 - whichever happens to be out at the time.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got the 3G. One of my complaints is battery life. Some days it will not make it through the day. And it is annoying almost no stereo ipod cables will charge it.

Original phone dropped calls like mad, Apple gave me a brand new phone on warranty on the spot.

No case and i've dropped mine so many times I can't count on concrete, etc and only minor marks. My brother dropped his once on a tile floor and cracked the screen, just really unlucky I guess.

It's not the perfect phone there are a lot of things I hate, but it seems to be the best thing out there.

Last edited:

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Love mine I have a 3GS. Battery life sucks. But there are options for that or cases with batterys built in. I recently did a jailbreak on it which is awesome. Got an app from the jailbreak called installous and you can get any app from the AppStore for free.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am rid of my BB and bought a I phone..

Have had it 4 days so far and it is great...:d

Orrin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a marginal phone, a poor e-mail device but it's a pretty interesting gadget overall. If you run a business get the BB Torch if you use it for personal only get the iPhone 4.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Good toy, but thats all...

Blackberry is better for me, but it depends what you want, you want a business tool get a BB, you want a toy that has thousands of useless apps, get an IPhone...

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have that case they say it can take a four foot drop great case.

I've dropped mine without a case from 8 feet up on solid concrete, and all it has to show for it is a TINY mark on the corner :eek:

Top Bottom