Invermere area conditions 2017-18

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i LIKE THE MANDATORY!!!! even today there are people trying to use the system without paying. I guess those groomers run on air. And they are usually the ones that complain when they are not smooth as silk.
I rode with a guy twice a couple of years ago rode past a booth with me then i asked and he said why should i pay to ride my sled!!!! I dont ride with him anymore
Rich
Ya there used to be a couple guys in the group we had that were like that. Drove me nuts.
Hey Darcy do you have contact info for where to get a membership for the club that's looking after Forster this year?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya there used to be a couple guys in the group we had that were like that. Drove me nuts.
Hey Darcy do you have contact info for where to get a membership for the club that's looking after Forster this year?

Should be able to get it through bcfs, its the Windermere valley snowmobile society.
There is a club face book page too, I'm not a user so I don't have a link.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Couple inches of heavy wet slop overnight at 1200m.....

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plans are to groom past the cabin to the first creek crossing.
Permits have been submitted for the snow bridge.
New cat is at the trailhead ready for work.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Plans are to groom past the cabin to the first creek crossing.
Permits have been submitted for the snow bridge.
New cat is at the trailhead ready for work.
Oh fiddle this is going to be awesome! That'll be a long trip for the operator. Stage at the old lot this year or 27.7 again?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh fiddle this is going to be awesome! That'll be a long trip for the operator. Stage at the old lot this year or 27.7 again?

Supposed to be 27.7, the road is plowed to 35km bridge now.

The Kickass One

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Opening day? The trail is whooped and the meadows are a mogul field.

I would have you gain this info first hand or from a fellow rider? So, if this area or Catamount has further future restrictions or closures? Will you be the first to complain??

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have you gain this info first hand or from a fellow rider? So, if this area or Catamount has further future restrictions or closures? Will you be the first to complain??
I would guess it is as well. Every time I've been up there on opening it is quite obvious that it had been ridden hard for a few weeks.

teamdirt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I'd like to complain about the 500 sleds that were up there when we were ski touring one weekend recently when it was closed. Then I realized why the hell is it closed?

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd like to complain about the 500 sleds that were up there when we were ski touring one weekend recently when it was closed. Then I realized why the hell is it closed?

500 sleds? That's stretching it by about 475(record sled count last year was around 200) but yes there have been sleds up there. Is it right? No, is the closure right? No but it is what it is.
There has been no reply from the government on why the closure is until Dec. 1 many times when the club has asked. I question why the hut society is renting the cabins out when the closure is on also as they are the reason with the glacier is closed. Seems they want others to follow the rules but they don't.

AaronQ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
500 sleds? That's stretching it by about 475(record sled count last year was around 200) but yes there have been sleds up there. Is it right? No, is the closure right? No but it is what it is.
There has been no reply from the government on why the closure is until Dec. 1 many times when the club has asked. I question why the hut society is renting the cabins out when the closure is on also as they are the reason with the glacier is closed. Seems they want others to follow the rules but they don't.
Are they accessing the olive hut or is it just ski traffic to the Davey white cabin?

Top Bottom