Forster 23-24' conditions

crashidy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya I don’t remember seeing the rock before impact. It’s makes me scratch my head how I couldn’t see it. Been sledding 28 years so I know better to watch for such hazards, but for whatever reason it got me good!
It is often not visible due to drifting...but it is always lurking. I've hit it while tandeming up for ski laps but we had the skis in the air and got bucked hard. Glad you are on the mend.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Pano-man...

Can you give us some more insight as to "who" this group is that has initiated this "planning initiative"....?
Just completed the survey....:rolleyes: What a pile of :poop:

I read every page on that website, every page of the meeting minutes, I researched all the names of the meeting attendees, looks like a group of that are definitely not interested in sharing any terrain with the snowmobile community. The commercial tenures look to be safe though...

At every opportunity this group has portrayed motorized recreational activities as an "intense" user group... meaning harmful and unwelcome. The hypocrisy is laughable... sled tracks in the alpine are erased every season, yet look a couple valleys to the south and the development around Panorama I have witnessed over the last 35 years is staggering.......

Sledders need to fill out the survey......
The project was initiated by rec sites and trails. The Columbia Valley is one of the only areas to not have a backcountry management plan.
The intent is to identify who is using the areas and to determine if there are conflicts with Wildlife, environment or other users. This information is then used to put a plan together on how the area is to be used.
This plan does all the formal legwork for rec sites and trails when a user group applies for a managed area. Example is we are applying to increase our snowmobile area to include the Northstar glacier and Welsch lakes area.
The "who" is all the user groups, and stakeholders. Snowmobile, off road and bicycle user group representatives are out numbered by a large number. This is why the public consultation process is so important. The snowmobile club has lots of data through trail fees, and trail counters that prove we are the largest user group.
I attended the other user group information meetings and they was poor attendance just like the snowmobile meeting.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where were you savages today????? exactly 4 sleds on the hill.
savage 1.jpg
savage 2.jpg

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with all due respect keyboard hero's, you didn't see where we were riding, or what the upslope load condition were like.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
with all due respect keyboard hero's, you didn't see where we were riding, or what the upslope load condition were like.

No i just saw the tracks, the massive hill, wind loading, you stuck on some super easy open terrain and the SPAW

What ever, glad ur alive to tell the tale big guy.

And you are right I wasnt there, from the puctures looks scetchy AF though.

Thats why I said brave not stupid, because its your life not mine.

Ride where ever you want too.

Cheers

Last edited:

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No i just saw the tracks, the massive hill, wind loading, you stuck on some super easy open terrain and the SPAW

What ever, glad ur alive to tell the tale big guy.

And you are right I wasnt there, from the puctures looks scetchy AF though.

Thats why I said brave not stupid, because its your life not mine.

Ride where ever you want too.

Cheers
I agree with you 100%

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like it was a nice day in sun. No tracks, no crowds. Nothing wrong with that.

Truebro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No offence- but probably worst avalanche conditions in decades. Wide spread large remote triggers west coast to Alberta daily with near misses being reported. I’d be ill advised to think you know more than avalanche forecasters hero….no apologies - it is what it is

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whoa. tough crowd. So is everybody finished whining about missing the powderyest, untouchedyest, unsetupyest bluebirdyest day Forester is going to have this season?????

don't worry. plenty left for all. didn't even make it up to the glacier or up the wall. didn't need to.

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on second thought, still super sketchy out there. best if yall stay home till I'm finished my next hitch, maybe even next season,,,,

Top Bottom