Impulse XM

Duramax325

Reaction score
I have a 174 t3 with an impulse kit on it. I've hade four other boosted sleds and this by far is the best fueled sled I have personaly ever had the chance to ride. Was In Cooke city elev for 8 to 10,000 feet ran great the whole time. First time in five years ( besides my mcx 270 nytro) that it was a pull the rope and ride. Made me all smiles all weekend.

cnelson6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 174 t3 with an impulse kit on it. I've hade four other boosted sleds and this by far is the best fueled sled I have personaly ever had the chance to ride. Was In Cooke city elev for 8 to 10,000 feet ran great the whole time. First time in five years ( besides my mcx 270 nytro) that it was a pull the rope and ride. Made me all smiles all weekend.

What were the other kits you ran? What problems did you have? Mostly fueling issues?

Duramax325

Reaction score
What were the other kits you ran? What problems did you have? Mostly fueling issues?
Had a peice of s--- Silber kit on my 2012 pro with a Doubek box. Get it to run decent for a hour then all sudden back to picking buttons till u got the magic combo good for bit then the same bs. Then got ahold of Cody Phillips and got a vipec solved the fueling issues. Then got a 2014 pro switched everything over then turbo took a crap ended up spending a bunch of money on a new garret gtx2863. Had a pile of money tied up in it still had a crappy pieced together kit. Lesson learned spend the money up front hopefully less problems down the road lol. Nytro as almost everybody knows just ran all the time little fat on the bottom but was always just turn the key and ride. Every body always asked why do u ride that when you got a brand new pro all set up. Explanation was easy cause it ALWAYS runs.

Duramax325

Reaction score
Now reading all stuff over on turbo section about busting rods has got me bit scared. But the sled flat rips all day long basically uses all the same sensors as my viper did. It's gonna be a good year. I got to admit the new sled are as bad ass as they come I absolutely love that thing.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a good discussion with Paul's right hand man today about there doo kit.. Sounds like a pretty sweet kit over all, sounds like some one with good experience in turbos overall

few things that I thought stood out...

There kit comes with a short cold air intake maximizing quick spool ups, and lower charge temps

there ecm is relocated so the shortest large charge tube can be from turbo to airbox, ( shortest distance compared to any other kit out there) also maximizing spool up time and dropping charge temps

they also found that charge temps stayed in line with their kit, they said even as high as 10 lbs boost they are only seeing charge temps of 100f

their kit instructions sound very easy to install, and other than a pipe being sent to them for mods, you can install in a day

biggest advantage in their kit sounds to be there fueling system, witch measure charge temps, ambient temps, atmospheric pressure, Tcm and a few more to make its fueling requirement.. This means from driving it from low to high elevations, there is no fueling change needed and a/f always running at a constant 12.8

there kit seams like they have done the neccisary changes to run a efficient turbo system and from what I have found, when going to a much shorter charge tube and cold air intake is similar advantages.. But this kit comes all equiped this way

sounds like they are 6 lbs over stock weight and over a great bb turbo that puts out enought air for mid 400 hp

could be why the kit is a bit more pricey, but over all has given you some great bonuses that most kits still do not offer

hope to be able to run a leg across one of these soon and maybe install one after..

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a good discussion with Paul's right hand man today about there doo kit.. Sounds like a pretty sweet kit over all, sounds like some one with good experience in turbos overall

few things that I thought stood out...

There kit comes with a short cold air intake maximizing quick spool ups, and lower charge temps

there ecm is relocated so the shortest large charge tube can be from turbo to airbox, ( shortest distance compared to any other kit out there) also maximizing spool up time and dropping charge temps

they also found that charge temps stayed in line with their kit, they said even as high as 10 lbs boost they are only seeing charge temps of 100f

their kit instructions sound very easy to install, and other than a pipe being sent to them for mods, you can install in a day

biggest advantage in their kit sounds to be there fueling system, witch measure charge temps, ambient temps, atmospheric pressure, Tcm and a few more to make its fueling requirement.. This means from driving it from low to high elevations, there is no fueling change needed and a/f always running at a constant 12.8

there kit seams like they have done the neccisary changes to run a efficient turbo system and from what I have found, when going to a much shorter charge tube and cold air intake is similar advantages.. But this kit comes all equiped this way

sounds like they are 6 lbs over stock weight and over a great bb turbo that puts out enought air for mid 400 hp

could be why the kit is a bit more pricey, but over all has given you some great bonuses that most kits still do not offer

hope to be able to run a leg across one of these soon and maybe install one after..

You get what you pay for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very true.. We have some great choices out there for the turbo doos..

Top Bottom