Impulse XM

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it sound "zingy"? It sounds like it is running good, but not really making tonnes of power. The snow doesnt seem that deep on that hill but its not really picking up much speed? Definitely not as impressive as the TSS videos I have seen.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it sound "zingy"? It sounds like it is running good, but not really making tonnes of power. The snow doesnt seem that deep on that hill but its not really picking up much speed? Definitely not as impressive as the TSS videos I have seen.
I was thinking the same thing. Sounds pretty good if it's running 5 pounds on pump gas. I tried to find out more info about the Impulse set up for the XM but can't find anything on the net.

K45- Were there any details on the other forum as to what this kit was running for fuel and boost?

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol that is exactly the way I feel when I here the tss turbos run, very light weights in the primary with lots of revs... and no go... just bugging you
rode a boondocker kit a few weeks ago and it was very similar to this video, once up in revs it was quick spooling but with a 154 it never had much go but sounded good

Last edited:

K45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. Sounds pretty good if it's running 5 pounds on pump gas. I tried to find out more info about the Impulse set up for the XM but can't find anything on the net.

K45- Were there any details on the other forum as to what this kit was running for fuel and boost?

7 pounds of boost, 2863 gtx turbo with tial housing and divorced waste gate, and the best part: full standalone fueling program! 50/50 fuel here in this vid. Full race and turn it up but will require some more clutching with that level of boost.[/QUOTE]
(This is another copy from the same forum)
This thing looks to be running pretty strong to me, maybe I,m missing something.

Last edited:

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
7 pounds of boost, 2863 gtx turbo with tial housing and divorced waste gate, and the best part: full standalone fueling program! 50/50 fuel here in this vid. Full race and turn it up but will require some more clutching with that level of boost.
(This is another copy from the same forum)
This thing looks to be running pretty strong to me, maybe I,m missing something.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying it's not running well I just think that it should be picking up more ground speed when climbing a grade like the one pictured in the video.

Here's one climbing at 10lbs and having problems holding rpm but still gaining or maintaining speed on a steep climb. Maybe I'm just biased.
:noidea:

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got to see a impulse kit installed this last weekend, look like a sweet kit with good thought put into it... Another no intercooler needed kit for boost up to 10 lbs...

chad006

Reaction score
What are they doing for fueling on their kits? Piggyback setup? Heard Paul had a different setup for his kits.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen 2 TSS kits this weekend and I bet those 2 guys wished there sleds ran as nice as that impulse kit! They where giving the silber kits a run for there money if you get what I am saying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Off of Snowest:
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"Thanks for the input, just for clarification, it's a standalone system running parallel with the stock fuel systhem. We don't "piggyback" or change the stock fuel systhem or ecu at all."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]neilsleder: TSS kits not running very well? [/FONT]

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off of Snowest:
[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]"Thanks for the input, just for clarification, it's a standalone system running parallel with the stock fuel systhem. We don't "piggyback" or change the stock fuel systhem or ecu at all."[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, geneva, lucida, lucida grande, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]neilsleder: TSS kits not running very well? [/FONT]

No they sure didn't sound like they did! I never got a chance to talk to them ,both t3's and they sounded like they where missing pretty bad!

Boostmonkey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I seen 2 TSS kits this weekend and I bet those 2 guys wished there sleds ran as nice as that impulse kit! They where giving the silber kits a run for there money if you get what I am saying!

I had the impulse race kit on my Nytro and it worked awesome, if they are anything like that I am sure they will sell lots of them. That been said the TSS kits you seen this weekend do you know if they did the install themselves? Never mind you didn't get to talk to them. From the ones I have seen in person they flat out ripped.

Last edited:

Canadian Snow

Reaction score
Anyone running an Impulse around these parts ? Lots's down in the states and man do they sound good, everyone running one has said its the best fuelling turbo they have been around.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had the impulse race kit on my Nytro and it worked awesome, if they are anything like that I am sure they will sell lots of them. That been said the TSS kits you seen this weekend do you know if they did the install themselves? Never mind you didn't get to talk to them. From the ones I have seen in person they flat out ripped.

I have heard nothing but good about the TSS kits to. Was surprised to hear them run like that.

Summitboy

Reaction score
I think Impulse makes some good stuff. However no intercooler (air or water) may not be a great thing when the motor/turbo makes heat in super deep Revy powder. Utah powder and Revy powder are a little different imo. I guess time will tell. Ive only seen one XM kit run well so far, Boost It. Ive pretty much seen the others. None clean. Unfortunately i havent seen the Impulse on the snow yet. Will be interesting.

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You need to get out more... They all work great. When they work ....Boondocker, TSS, aero, impulse... they all run strong, have not seen the boost it kit run, but it's their first year

you would think the intercoolers would be on all brands if they were the answer, even in revsys big snow days intake charge temps don't really go much over any other snow days, and intercoolers are twenty lbs more weight

I think Impulse makes some good stuff. However no intercooler (air or water) may not be a great thing when the motor/turbo makes heat in super deep Revy powder. Utah powder and Revy powder are a little different imo. I guess time will tell. Ive only seen one XM kit run well so far, Boost It. Ive pretty much seen the others. None clean. Unfortunately i havent seen the Impulse on the snow yet. Will be interesting.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought that sled sounded good and looked like it ran good, with the amount of times he backed out of the throttle on the pull, it recovered it's rpm every time it sounded with very little turbo lag. If he would of held it to the bar his ground speed would of picked up. Track length is also unknown.

Canadian Snow

Reaction score

Boost its new kit looks pretty cool. From my understanding Paul has watched the air temps of his kit all through testing last year and has said there is no need for an intercooler, keep in mind he runs intercoolers on his 4 stroke kits. From what I see with his kit he is using pretty large diameter intake and charge tube, along with his charge tube is super short compared to most kits. His intake is also very direct into the turbo and is a true cold air set up. Hopefully someone will be running an Impulse kit up here this year to get some feedback.

Summitboy

Reaction score
Im sure it works. Its the only thing im not 100% sold on. I like Pauls stuff but until i see one work in the deep ill wait. I know we will see one shortly from the local boys in Revy.

FredW u crack me up. They all run good lol. Never seen a perfect running turbo XM to this day. Ive seen many of the
mentioned brands and they all burble and dont run clean. I get out plenty thanks.

Top Bottom