Im going to say it....

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread has shown exactly why its so slow to make changes in this area. Every time people talk about it there is animosity(Teeroy might have to wiki that word), and people have very strong opinions. Until the discussion gets to the point where we can leave the past, and move on, it will continue. As far as the comments about aboriginal kids getting a check at 18, it does happen. Perhaps you should research on why. It wasnt a handout, it was a lawsuit.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the Government that made the decision to kick the Natives out onto land away from basic "civilization" for a promise of a kickback. Id take it too :)

I too dont agree with taking advantage of it without actually working for a living. In which also goes for lthe white welfare SCUM who live in town in low rentals yet drive a brand new pickup with a brand new sled on a brand new sled deck in it.

Last edited:

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its the Government that made the decision to kick the Natives out onto land away from basic "civilization" for a promise of a kickback. Id take it too :)

I too dont agree with taking advantage of it without actually working for a living. In which also goes for lthe white welfare SCUM who live in town in low rentals yet drive a brand new pickup with a brand new sled on a brand new sled deck in it.

It wasnt a kickback, i will put a link on the bottom. This has to do with the Fort St John area, Basically when people came back from war the original agreement on land was changed. Prime land was re-dedicated. Back then government agreements were changed without both parties talking. Oil companies started drilling, the government tryed to hide it. It cost the band 17 years of fighting the BS, and cost every person in Canada 147 million dollars, how many elected officials were actually involved? But a big heads up for the people that didnt know, and a great reason to vote!! Alot of great things done with the money, but allot of bad things happened because of it.

Cant go back and fix it.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It wasnt a kickback, i will put a link on the bottom. This has to do with the Fort St John area, Basically when people came back from war the original agreement on land was changed. Prime land was re-dedicated. Back then government agreements were changed without both parties talking. Oil companies started drilling, the government tryed to hide it. It cost the band 17 years of fighting the BS, and cost every person in Canada 147 million dollars, how many elected officials were actually involved? But a big heads up for the people that didnt know, and a great reason to vote!! Alot of great things done with the money, but allot of bad things happened because of it.

You misinterpreted what I was trying to spit out but no biggie, I said what I wanted to say and im over it, like u said it will never end. We are all pink in the middle :)

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You misinterpreted what I was trying to spit out but no biggie, I said what I wanted to say and im over it, like u said it will never end. We are all pink in the middle :)

Im cool with that, just added a bit of background, i have nothing against you Sir or anyone on this site. I will dig you out, pull you out, or enjoy a beverage. If we were all the same it would be boring!!

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
. As far as the comments about aboriginal kids getting a check at 18, it does happen. Perhaps you should research on why. It wasnt a handout, it was a lawsuit.[/QUOTE]

age 18 well what was the lawsuit you seem to know about the natives?

jaake67

Reaction score
it doesn't matter what deal was made back when. what matters is the future of our country. as a whole the country is hurting financeally. we need to make changes, and supporting native people in my opinon is a thing off the past. If you want to keep your heratiage then do so make some money and buy more land like any other colony would do.Lets all become canadian and make money and give it to those in need , ie, veterns,seniors, people recovering for cancer and other disieses, and so forth
I don't care what colour race or creed you are. hand out are a thing of the past. as times have changed we must change. and i totally include lazy ass white people in that as well as anyone of any colour race or religion.
just my two cents, thanks for listening.lol

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attawapiskat was on the new's here awhile ago.I am no expert in the afairs of how a reserve is ran
or how much money each one get's,but I'm interested in the outcome of this 3'rd party manager being
put in place to give the books a looking over.It's not fair for me to judge yet,anyway.
They declared a state of emergency,then the took the government to court to block anyone from looking
at their books?That doesnt look good from my point of view.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attawapiskat was on the new's here awhile ago.I am no expert in the afairs of how a reserve is ran
or how much money each one get's,but I'm interested in the outcome of this 3'rd party manager being
put in place to give the books a looking over.It's not fair for me to judge yet,anyway.
They declared a state of emergency,then the took the government to court to block anyone from looking
at their books?That doesnt look good from my point of view.
A lot of people are interested in this. I dont understand where funding went, why the band didnt want to reveal whats up. Im thinking its another oops trying to be covered up.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This summer there was an article in the lloyd paper about the chief and alot of the board members
being charged with alot of fraud related charges at little pine reserve close to Lloyd here.
It was a 10 year investigation.........I dont know whats up with that.
The people on alot of reserves live in very poor housing,I dont deny that.I really think that the
houses are treated like crap cause the people have no ownership in them.I dont agree with the
government or the band owning the houses,but I also dont think that the houses should be beat up by
the occupants.

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even though we cant all talk about the impact that the past has had in Aboriginal relationships, Others are still pushing, will always push to get this all out in the open.
From Strombo,

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread has shown exactly why its so slow to make changes in this area. Every time people talk about it there is animosity(Teeroy might have to wiki that word), and people have very strong opinions. Until the discussion gets to the point where we can leave the past, and move on, it will continue. As far as the comments about aboriginal kids getting a check at 18, it does happen. Perhaps you should research on why. It wasnt a handout, it was a lawsuit.
animosity? you think I'm some kind of dumb redneck truck driver or something? well....redneck truck driver part is true, but I kicked ass in high school as well as post secondary.

wikipedia? really? is that your trusted source of info??

Top Bottom