Im going to say it....

mxzretta

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm First Nations and proud of it. Live in the city, work hard and pay taxes. When my dad moved off the res he went and got an education. Got his teachers degree could he get a job NO why people did not want an indian teaching their kids. Worked hard and wanted to buy a house. NO he couldnt do that either an indian was not allowed to own land as set out an the indian act. Was he allowed to vote for a government that would make changes NO as in indian he could not vote, indians only got the right to vote in 1967. Yes i agree there are lazy people but they come from every race and color. How come no one ever complains about all the money the government gives to Africa. Africa is a continent not a country and there is a lot of wealthy countries there. Some people on here do more whining and complaining then the natives.

lloydguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with everything you said, and would like to add the kids on the reserve didnt ask to be born there!! Its a change that we all have to be part of, in order to be what we are, Canadian!!!
Or i might have sayed that too much, but i really feel that it needs to be discused. Like that link with Wab Kinew here is another. http://video.ca.msn.com/watch/video/wab-kinew/16bgjdhdc there are thousands of people like him that want change!!!

I like that guy for sure,smart,a good speaker and has something to say.
The whole system as it is doesnt work that's how I feel and thats part of what he had to say.
So,discussions maybe like this are a small part of things moving forward.If everyone is afraid to
talk about "stuf" then how is anything ever going to change.

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No one is ever going to agree with everything everyone says but I have read every single line word for word in this thread and I have not seen anyone say anything racist. I am called a racist when ever I respond to a call on the rez or in the city when I pick up a native and don't give them the drugs they want. Am I a racist? Hell no. Am I going to give them the morphine their itching to get and that's the only reason they called 911? Hell hell hell hell NO! Am I upset they called me whity, b!tch, c$nt, racist, etc? No cause I know what their trying to do... Are they bring racist? YES! When you say we here are being racist what are these folks doing? and that you experience racism everyday, well I'm white and a woman trying to help them and I experience racism too, everyday! I deal with it, brush it off and move the hell on. Everyone is given the same opportunities in life to succeed its how you respond to those opportunities reflects the life you will lead. Except in these circumstances natives are given MORE opportunities than everyone else... So should they not succeed more that the general population? I have always said if I was native I would have become a doctor but because I am paying my own way through school I can't afford the educational costs. In a way I envy natives! As for your dad being a teacher and not getting a job because he is native is bull$hit... The reserves LOOK for native professionals OVER white people. And look at all the people who have teaching degrees that are white, brown, black, pink purple whatever what don't have teaching jobs, because there are none. I know for a fact that the RCMP takes natives over white males, females and any other race in the world. Racist? Yeah I think so. Do you have the first choice of anywhere in Canada to work once done RCMP school over everyone else? Yes you do also. Is that fair? Hell no! Am I going to change your mind in a little paragraph? No and I hope I don't because that's what makes Canada Canada .... Free speech. People can voice their opinions if they want to. Do you have to agree with it? No. Do you have to read it? No. But just know you are not the only one who experiences racism... I do, my neighbour does, my work partner does, my co workers do, everyone no matter who you are, your job, your income, and especially the color of your skin everyone has experienced it. Are we being racist here? No.

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
was nice to meet you in Clemina April....my buddys thought it was pretty cool you were rockin' the 800 'doo. of course we teased the older guy that you rode a bigger sled than he did...lol

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha ya it was nice to meet you too! How was the rest of your day? That 800 kicks my ass a lot of the time but I kick her right back lol

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was good, rode an hour or two after we met you folks. we did renshaw, allan ck, then blue river after clemina. great weekend

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We went to Allen creek on Wednesday and Friday. I really like Allen creek. A guy there was hill climbing, fell off, didn't have his key connected to himself, his throttle stuck... Went off to the left full speed hit the side of the hill, barrel rolled a bunch of times... He broke his handle bars right off, smashed the front displacing his engine compartment, his track was all f'ed couldn't even tow it out had to call a chopper to lift the poor doo out! :(

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

Polarblu

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best part was a climbed it a day before just fine lol

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500
really?teeroy? To Mack on a girl while we are talking about aboriginal awareness? dont get me wrong i think its awesome!!! but shsesh bro!!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
really?teeroy? To Mack on a girl while we are talking about aboriginal awareness? dont get me wrong i think its awesome!!! but shsesh bro!!
lol....sorry. but the creepiness factor is way lower than sending her pm's

I met her boyfriend too....nice guy. but he ain't no teeroy :D

back to your regularly scheduled programming

AprilO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You're right he ain't no teeroy :p lol

Back to the debate! Yeehaw

2007 Summit Rev 800
2006 Suzuki Vinson 500
2004 GMC Sierra 1500

pirate31red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so this thread has definetly got its ups and downs from both sides here but i would like to say to all the hard working natives on here that contribute to society everyday dont get so upset when someone mentions how unhappy thiungs are with the way reserves are and how the money gets pissed away. Their simply not talking about you i understand the wanting to defend your heritage but to support the bad ones helps no one at all. as a whitey i have no power to make any changes to or for any aboriginals, indians,natives,or first nations only you can help yourselves by teaching and education. Another handout is gonna do nothing the govt could throw 90% of its money into first nations and it wont help the only way to better the situation is through education give a hand up and smile with pride or give a hand out and froun in shame.

dozer

Reaction score
the problem is not with the people on the rez but with the rest of us and govt. that let it continue. this simply is learned behaviour and as long as the reservations and money continue nothing will change. most of these are good people that have simply made bad decisions because that is how they have been taught to live. personally think the reserves have to go because it gives some canadians special rights over others and that creates bad feelings among everyone look at Quebec and also the canadian wheat board(different rules east of manitoba) also as a land owner you have very little to no rights when it comes to things like power lines,oil and gas facilities or other infrastructure if they want your land and you won't accept the slap in the face compensation package it goes to arbitration where they can take your land and give you way less or nothing,but hang on if you live on a reserve all of a sudden things change they can stop the big corporations or have them rerouted,there is a large d.c. power line that is going to be built within 100m of my home,worksite,and fuel storage and there is nothing i can do about it can't even get it rerouted away from the house a couple hundred meters my family has been here on this land for over 60 years where is our rights? oh ya the govt. don't care they gave all the rights to the reservations and that really pisses me off and creates a lot of bad feelings toward the rez. not the people cause if the rez. was gone we would all be the same and have no rights together.

Hardkore341

Reaction score
I am 100% first nations...and proud of it!!!.......The only handout i collect is 5 bux every yr...for treaty days.
Back when the treaties were signed that was alot of money... but now, it only buys me a pack of cigs....Im not complaining about that.
I work for a living, pay taxes, was moved off the rez at 3yrs.
I have used the "hand out" money in a good way= Education.

I have read all your posts and have come to think......wtf am i doing here...sure there are some ppl who dislike us because of what we are..and there are some that recognize our culture and respect us as ppl..clearly some ppl just dont like the fact that we get money for all the yrs of rez schools, land that was given to us by our government.
Just think if you take away our reserves that our government gave to us way back when, what will happen??
We all move to your cities.
And for drugs and alcohol.......we never knew of this stuff until the first settlers arrived, we never owned boats or trucks to get that crap over here......
It seems like a big problem to some if they always post about it. How about send your complaints to the government. All the posts over the yrs is not going to solve nothing. It will just encourage the hate for us. Thanks!!
Suck it up......We are here...we are getting stronger....We are not going away....Brown and proud!!!

To all those haters......what if you peeps were in our shoes(First nations) how would you feel if you came to a site that was based on powersports....and you read all of this....this is very sad.

There are many of us that are good working people....but we get labeled as "indians"
I have endured all this hatred and stereotypes all of my life.....And it doesn't do anything to me...just makes me laugh that some ppl have nothing else to do but bash us. and bring us down.

It really sucks to come to this site, read all these posts, and realize what everyone thinks Our people. I know this site is for everyone. But now i know how some ppl think of my people.

just my 2 cents....and that wasnt a handout.... i worked for it!!

It's not "everyone", it's only the ones ignorant enough to actually take the time to type it on a POWERSPORTS forum!
How the F did this get started anyways? I've been reading in disbelief.

PowMower

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's not "everyone", it's only the ones ignorant enough to actually take the time to type it on a POWERSPORTS forum!
How the F did this get started anyways? I've been reading in disbelief.
Youre right, we should sweep it under the rug and pretend that none of this ever happened.
I think Swat speaks for 95% of canadians but isn't scared to show his feelings like most of us and be labeled a "racist"

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Personal opinions and independent thought are not welcomed on here.....

It's been proven over and over.... keep your thoughts to yourselves

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'm sure there are kkk forums out there! This forum is Snow and Mud!

So what your saying is that if a minority group feels they are wronged they should shout it from upon high and bring those responsible to justice...

But those who feel wronged because minority groups receive special treatment giving them an unfair advantage should take their whining to hate mongering extremest groups.

is that a fair assessment of your beliefs?

09 arctic cat m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I find that the funniest thing is that they are all for their traditional ways of life, then start living like your ancestors did NO FORDS, NO HOUSES YOU LIVE IN TEE-PEES, NO WHITE MAN GUN AND SCOPE USE A WILLOW BOW, YOU TOTALLY LIVE OF THE LAND BECAUSE THAT'S TRADITIONAL YOU KNOW AND NO GOVERNMENT FUNDING ( NO CHERRY PICKING). They always say how bad their ancestors were treated, yes that was bad and was not right but that's over with, GET OVER IT and get a job and start contributing into society like some respectable natives and that goes for some whites too. I have heard in some cases that when some natives turn 18 they get money FOR WHAT when i turned 18 the government took a portion of my first dollar i earned. The government says they can net lakes for fish then tell the us we can keep fish over 24 3/4 inches WELL GOOD LUCK. Let them hunt wherever then tell us we can shoot a bull elk 6 point or bigger once again GOOD LUCK. I say if you live in Canada everyone is equal, None of this were are entitled to this and that.

Top Bottom