If you were to buy a "NEW" Sled

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
XM all the way.
That is until the "game changer" comes out of course.

why all the secrets lol??

it be kool to see some new technology I wounder whats so "game changing"

can someone enlighten us?

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Haha no secrets every year in feb the sled companies introduce their game changer.

bourgon

Reaction score
Ok here it is
55% would or did buy skidoo product
31% would buy or did buy Polaris
3% went the artic cat way
11% thought or mentioned Yamaha (nobody bought)

But when i see youtube videos i usually see the polaris. Being that this was the biggest seller for the last two years it makes sense
I guess we will wait and see what Yamaha has up its sleeves. LOL probably a mid ship engine with automatic transmission coming in at a cool 783lbs "dry weight"

that is cuz yamaha guys dont need to buy a new sled every year or 2!

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Some ideas:
- 750-800cc high output v4 four-stroke. 150-160 HP is achievable in this displacement...800cc motoGP bikes crank out over 200, without boost.
- Ditch CVT altogether and go to a twin-clutch 6-speed automatic with manual override option. Makes more efficient use of power especially in a high revving four-stroke as gear reduction would not be needed to make the clutching work, plus the drivers could be run via chain drive directly off the engine eliminating the jackshaft altogether to save weight.
- mountain guys won't want it, but how about a real motorcycle style foot shift with manual clutch for the trail sleds? How fun would that be?
- engine slanted slighty rearward with the rear cylinders being right under the console, bringing the crankshaft close to the operators feet for mass centralization
- engine itself is a stressed-member and becomes part of the frame for weight savings and simplicity
- no cvt would make for extremely narrow engine compartment and bodywork
- bringing engine back towards the operator would allow the a-arm pivots to be very close together, allowing for much longer arms and therefore more front suspension travel.
- (really out there) carbon fibre torsion arms on rear skid in place of shocks and springs...think f1 car stuff
- dual side-dump exhaust up front. Eliminates rear exhaust and allows fuel tank to be moved under the seat towards the rear for increased capacity, and saves weight.
- twin-rads mounted at rear of engine compartment with selectable ducting. Hot air from rads can be vented towards the driver for a little extra warmth on those cold days.

I'll keep dreaming.

Top Bottom