If you were to buy a "NEW" Sled

mountainhunter

Reaction score
A 2011 or 2012 xp etec. Possibly a xm if I got to compare a stock xp to a stock xm the same day. The xp would be a ton cheaper. Tough to say if the xm would be worth the price. Someone buy my tm8 so I can find out!
no turbo cat ? seemed like it went pretty good .did you ride a pro last year ?

Timber_12

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no turbo cat ? seemed like it went pretty good .did you ride a pro last year ?

I'll be running the cat this year. Should really run strong this year after Deano gets done working on it. And I plan on riding it harder than I have been. If not on that I'll be on a 06 iqr 162 with a 900 union bay. Definately my favorite sled right now. I love the rider position of it. That's why I'd like a xp. It's the closest sled to the iqr IMO.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
am waiting until Feb 2013 for the best mountain sled built todate to be released. Its going to be a game changer!
Don't tell me....... They are producing a lightweight big bore wedge, only took them 15 years to realize they all had it wrong, or is cat going to a belt drive, better clutching, moving the post ahead 3-5inches, releasing it with a 3inch track, and creating a version of the t motion skid? hey I can dream right hahaha

Last edited:

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was down to the pro or a left over M. it was seriously....a hard decision. but i went with the better motor and arguably the best motor

20121102_220351.jpg

yeeeeeeeeeehaw!

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it was down to the pro or a left over M. it was seriously....a hard decision. but i went with the better motor and arguably the best motor

20121102_220351.jpg

yeeeeeeeeeehaw!

My buddy bought the same thing, left over M Sno Pro, for around 9500 out the door. It's a great looking sled, and I'm sure pulls like a mule. Bought his in PG I believe.

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id go with the all white limited pro or the new rmk assault.. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't wanna try an XM, was a doo guy before I rode a pro

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Id go with the all white limited pro or the new rmk assault.. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't wanna try an XM, was a doo guy before I rode a pro

Read my mind! The all white Pro is probably the best looking sled I have ever seen. Although those all black XM's are equally sick...

what's the scoop on the 'best mountain sled built to date'?...?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love the look of the White Pro LE, but I would wrap it, so Black Pro 163, prefer the look of a wrap on a black sled.

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
If money was no object we would be driving down to Clyde Park and picking up some CMX-X's but reality is I'll be patching up and riding the old 1M for another year...

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did buy a new sled, new to me. I bought a 2010 Dragon 800 with 163. I am putting the Fix kit in now to be ready to ride in December/January. I went with a used sled with low miles because this will the second year of riding in the mountains. Even with the fix, I am still less than half the cost of the new PRO RMK. If I am going to wreck one, might just as well wreck a used one until I learn how to ride better.
Rubber side down :)

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pretty sure i bought it - 2013 FreeRide 146
proven chassy, engine etc etc etc

if i lived out west and could ride a sh*t ton of days, and money was no object
99% sure id be on a supercharged/turbo'd Nytro with a million bux into it to make it lighter!! LOL!
something about the sound of a 4 stroke w a sweet exhaust system (think sport bike w an akropovich, yoshi or erion racing muffler like type thingy) - Just love it!

seriously tho Yamaha ...... blow us away next year please - YOUR DUE!

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here it is
55% would or did buy skidoo product
31% would buy or did buy Polaris
3% went the artic cat way
11% thought or mentioned Yamaha (nobody bought)

But when i see youtube videos i usually see the polaris. Being that this was the biggest seller for the last two years it makes sense
I guess we will wait and see what Yamaha has up its sleeves. LOL probably a mid ship engine with automatic transmission coming in at a cool 783lbs "dry weight"

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok here it is
55% would or did buy skidoo product
31% would buy or did buy Polaris
3% went the artic cat way
11% thought or mentioned Yamaha (nobody bought)

But when i see youtube videos i usually see the polaris. Being that this was the biggest seller for the last two years it makes sense
I guess we will wait and see what Yamaha has up its sleeves. LOL probably a mid ship engine with automatic transmission coming in at a cool 783lbs "dry weight"

more vids because of the boost the Pro's were getting and yes they sold a few more eh...(do you know the numbers?) hopefully they get the ETEC dialed in this year with boost and I bet you see a few more xm clips... the Pro is a nice ride

I went XM

Last edited:
Top Bottom