If I am the management of the Oilers....

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
agree rzrgade - Eberle isn't even playing and is still in the top 15 points leaders in the league.I would say there are only two untouchables Eberle and RNH. Hall...I still think his reckless style of play is going to limit him due to injury down the road.
Yah Hall does leave it all out there with his style of play, but that is why you have to love the guy and his enthusiasm. Renney should play him with someone who can protect him a little bit sometimes. He takes some big hits and no one steps up to get some revenge, I blame that on coaching!!!

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make them go out for pre-game warm up one at a time so they don't kill each other before the game even has a chance to get started.:p

moto.racerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I continue the tradition;

11/12 - Oilers currently in 13th in Conference
10/11 - 15th
09/10 - 15th
08/09 - 11th
07/08 - 9th
06/07 - 12th
05/06 - 8th
03/04 - 9th
02/03 - 8th
01/02 - 9th
00/01 - 6th
99/00 - 7th
98/99 - 8th
97/98 - 7th
96/97 - 7th
95/96 - 10th
94/95 - 11th
93/94 - 11th
92/93 - 10th
91/92 - 6th
90/91 - 5th

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wait for our older players to age a few more years ,then sell em to Calgary.......................

MACHINE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bring the whole farm team up and send the oilers to Oklahoma city , lol

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Though two are injured , are you saying Eberle,hall, RNH have no skill..................LOL Only from a Canuck fan..........lol Is it not time for walmart to start sellling the folding canuck chairs again, what a riot................

Really, when was the last time the Oilers were in the playoffs? Your almost as bad as a Flames fan.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Playoff jokes aside, sure the nuks made it to the last dance last year, but were unable to finish, much like the oilers and canes a few years back ( some peoples memories must be short lol) the oilers finished what 8th in the conference and went to 7 games in the cup final ( ring any bells) and they were considered a first round knock off easily.... didnt happen.... Watching 3 kids with that much enthusiasm, and skill makes it all worth while, weather they make the playoffs or not...........makes no difference right now, they are exciting to watch...........and if i recall correctly them 3 kids gave van city all they could handle their first game that they played them this season.. cheers guys, enjoy the excitement , that those 3 bring to the game.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Win anything with that defence? Well seeing how they are winning games now with AHL defence anything is an upgrade.

Semin might need a change of scenary. Who knows. He is still capable of scoring 40. No one in their system is a Semin type player.

And lastly...why don't you go and actually figure out the numbers then. I briefly looked at cap hits and current salaries to come up with what I did. No I didn't figure it out to the exact dollar. Could I be over cap? Sure, is it likely they will take even one of the players I mentioned, no...so whats wrong with a little fun. Oh, your a Nucks fan? Makes more sense now.

I am fine with them getting the first overall pick. I wouldn't be happy if they do end up with the first overall pick and take Yakapof. He is skilled for sure, but they need players with size, not another Gagner.

You aren't winning games though. You have lost 3 in a row in regular time and are 2-7-1. In your last 10.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Eberle, Hall, and RNH are talented players. But 3 players don't lead to winning a cup. Anaheim has 3 elite players in Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan, they aren't making a cup push anytime soon. Without a new defense and goalie they won't even be making the playoffs. The Oilers are a lot farther away from a cup run then their fans will admit.

If you think you are getting Getzlaf for a 1st your nuts. try a pair of firsts and a good prospect.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Eberle, Hall, and RNH are talented players. But 3 players don't lead to winning a cup. Anaheim has 3 elite players in Getzlaf, Perry and Ryan, they aren't making a cup push anytime soon. Without a new defense and goalie they won't even be making the playoffs. The Oilers are a lot farther away from a cup run then their fans will admit.

If you think you are getting Getzlaf for a 1st your nuts. try a pair of firsts and a good prospect.

do you work for TSN, because that right there is some smart predictions, oil a long way from the promised land but every step is a good one, just my 2cents:rant:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would much rather take a step ahead than two steps back like many other teams.

I don't believe its unrealistic to believe that they could be a cup contending team in 3 years. Isn't that what being a fan is all about?

Calgary has proven for a long time it takes more than 3 talented players to get a cup. I can't even name 3 talented players on their roster.

And the Sedins, yes I would consider them elite players, but again it proves, the sisters and Boo-uongo aren't enough either.

byronkentgraham

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If oilers pick anyone but Ryan Murray they are making a huge mistake. They should trade down two or three places, but knowing Oilers management they will pick Yapukov.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If oilers pick anyone but Ryan Murray they are making a huge mistake. They should trade down two or three places, but knowing Oilers management they will pick Yapukov.

I still say tank it and take the best player available or trade the pick for the best big center they can get their hands on. Yapukov is not helping them, they already have too many smallish forwards.

RNH is talented, but who centers the other 3 lines? gagner...too small for a roster that is already small. Horcoff...3rd line center at best, Belanger...3rd at best but they already have Horcoff so who gets 4th line duties?

Even if they have a .500 record over the remaining games they should still be picking in the top 5. Hall, Eberle and RNH are really the only future core players currently on the roster. That future isn't 10+ years either like many people want to believe. 5-7 years tops. the cupboards aren't as stocked with high end prospects as people wish to believe either. Sure there is some talent, likely 10 future NHL calibre players but not to many superstars hidden in there.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rnh ,Hall, Ebbs, Klefbom, Maracin, and Grigorenko (lottery pick ??) and another first round pick for hemksy......................Plus Smid and Gilbert.........Their AHL team is first in the league,with prospects !!
Who has better young depth than that...?????

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rnh ,Hall, Ebbs, Klefbom, Maracin, and Grigorenko (lottery pick ??) and another first round pick for hemksy......................Plus Smid and Gilbert.........Their AHL team is first in the league,with prospects !!
Who has better young depth than that...?????

Its still a gamble on whether or not those prospects turn into NHL calibre players. How many future stars in the past 6-10 years has Edmonton seen not turn into anything. Prior to 07 there is some stinkers in there.

I deffinetly put the blame on Prendergast for that. Recently they have some second rounders in there that have turned into a steel so far which is great. As for the Barons, possibly the top 10 of those players are future quality players, the next 10 are career minor leaguers. After that...flip a coin.

Don't get me wrong, I get excited each time I hear about someone like Klefbom, Maracin, or a Gernat doing well. Also remember players like Barker (3rd overall in 04) Smid (9th overall in 04) Dubnyk (14th overall in 04) can take several years to develop, if ever at all. Remember Edmontons other first rounder from '04? Schremp (25th). Need I say more?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
True ,but i think you can not compare the 3 top guys now to past picks.......
It is quite possible all 3 could be superstars.........

IF that turns out to be the case,and that`s a big if,they will have no trouble adding surrounding players. Who would not want to play on a team with those 3 in a couple of years......Plus possibly grigorenko............

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
have to admit, was kinda neat seeing 99\s record tied. didnt think in this post lock era that would ever be done again, and first, second, third star of the game.. thats pretty cool, way to go sammi, now get RNH back in betwen hall, and eberle :D

Top Bottom