Idea of the summer used!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i hacked up alotta cash for it and have put alotta time into it and take care of it cause its mine.... so its my baby....

would you let any 16-18 year old person jump in the drivers seat of your unit
drunk or sober?? if you would then you've gotta alota trust in todays youth and good on yea if not then....Jus sayin...

You just said you weren't falling down drunk, and so if you're sitting in the seat beside them what's the big deal? You're moderately drunk and right beside them in the passenger seat, kinda doubt much will happen drivin' point a to b on dead ass AB roads in the middle of the night. Yeah, I have a brand new 2010 and I would let someone drive it if I was too tipsy. Not as big a deal as you might think.

Regardless of how you got it home, good on ya for not drinking and driving.:cool:

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You just said you weren't falling down drunk, and so if you're sitting in the seat beside them what's the big deal? You're moderately drunk and right beside them in the passenger seat, kinda doubt much will happen drivin' point a to b on dead ass AB roads in the middle of the night. Yeah, I have a brand new 2010 and I would let someone drive it if I was too tipsy. Not as big a deal as you might think.

Regardless of how you got it home, good on ya for not drinking and driving.:cool:

im just anal about that... my stuffy no touchy.... what ever i landed and so did truck.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the support.. like i said the cops know us by name and pull us over no matter what.... so whats the diff if ama pulled if home from there or 5 mins down the road with me in the back of sir mr gestapo's car...

I think everyone one at the party was a DD that night... Designated Drinker.

I am not neccessarily "supporting" your idea, it does have its downside and negative effects, and no it isn't neccessarily fair to society to abuse the system like that if you were doing it every weekend but if your doing it when your in an absolute sticky situation then fine, go ahead I just wouldn't use it as your first choice of getting home safely ALL the time but like you said you were simply just testing the idea and I see no harm by it.. either way, tow truck driver is getting paid, and you and your baby are getting home safe so win win, and i'm sure you also pay your annual fee to have AMA so atleast you used it..next time maybe try to plan ahead to have a ride, or sleep in your truck if you have to.. just dont drink and drive and don't let anyone else who has been drinking or driving drive your vehicle home either.. even they are "more sober" than you.. don't matter if its worth $500 or $50,000.. if they crash your truck your insurance goes up! Not a "wise" choice to let anyone under 25 drive your vehicle, i'm not exactly sure what the advantage to a 25+ is but it has somethign to do with insurance coverage.. anyway, GOOD and BAD idea,i am just happy you used it to do the right thing and yeah..DUI's aren't fun either!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow, this one helluva heated thread over a young kid just having a little fun and doing it safe..maybe not the wisest of ways but definitley clever. I have had 4 friends KILLED back in highschool all in one vehicle from driving home from bush party hitting a truck head on on a back road... so good on ya. Who else is going to retrieve your sorry drunk azz from the middle of nowhere at 4 am? And honestly, how many sober teenagers do you think there are at a bush party? I honestly wouldnt even risk it if i had 2 drinks! Give the guy a break guys honestly, yes maybe he shouldnt have advertised and no maybe people shouldn't take his advice and try it themselves but atleast he proved that he was responsible in even the slightest way..which is more than I can say about some teenage idiots out there! Also, i'm sure AMA would be happier knowing they towed a young kid and his vehicle home safely rather than retreiving his totalled truck from a ditch and the ambulance hauling his carcass away!! Geez people..

well put

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
Mur, I dont really care how ya got home, or who is pissy about it, Im just glad you didnt drink and drive. I know too many people that still do, and I will admit I have driven the odd time that I was likely on the 'bubble', not drunk, but maybe too many to safely drive.

Top Bottom