I want one

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what a great starter bike not try something alittle smaller so i dont have to hear about another kid dead on sport bike on the news just saying :d

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my buddy has 2 zx 14 and one has a strech swingarm and a turbo killerlooking bikes

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what a great starter bike not try something alittle smaller so i dont have to hear about another kid dead on sport bike on the news just saying :d

like he said, start smaller, brother in law had an 1100 that he used to race, sold it and a year or so later went to a 600. he said way more fun than the 1100, better ride and better power to weight ratio, at least felt that way anyways. way easier to manouver the 600 than the 1000 imo.
start small then go to the zx 14:d:d:d

lbartels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An opinion on "start small".
It is probably just me, but finding the limits of a bike is a very disheartening moment. With my experience of bikes of the street legal variety. I started with an 86 honda rebel 250. I know I'm comparing a tiny cruiser with a race ready bike be that a 600 or a 1000cc sport bike. When I was 15 it was cool but that grew old once the fundamentals were learned, then shortly after the bike didn't have enough jam. My next step was to a honda shadow spirit 1100, the not so common anymore ones.
slowly finding out that that bike had so much more of a fuse to light the bomb under my arse is what did it for me. Being afraid of torque was where all the thrill sat. Shaking the rear end all the way thru 1st gear and chirpping the tire into 2nd fallowed by hooking up and lifting the front wheel on a decollete country road was the moment that made me enjoy and appreciate and respect that unmanageable potential power in my right hand.

Just my opinion, in one hand starting small is right, "you don't want to give a monkey a loaded gun" type situation. But on the other side if a person sits on the same small powered machine for too long there is a risk of becoming stagnate and not moving on to another bike that open thier eyes again.
I can understand that in some cases a person will grab a handful of throttle when they need all the brakes they can manage but mistakes happen.

btw I'm not posting drunk. Night shift starts sunday night/ monday morning.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YAMAHA MOTOR CANADA | 2011 YZF-R1

Yummm. Just a thread to pass the time.

Starting my apprenticeship soon, gonna have to invest in a bike and make pops buy one to.

Your pop's was already talking about getting you one, he said he was so proud of you he wanted to do something special for you. Just thought I'd let you know so you can ask him about it without worrying that you'll anger him or something.

2 RIDGEBACKS

Reaction score
An opinion on "start small".
It is probably just me, but finding the limits of a bike is a very disheartening moment. With my experience of bikes of the street legal variety. I started with an 86 honda rebel 250. I know I'm comparing a tiny cruiser with a race ready bike be that a 600 or a 1000cc sport bike. When I was 15 it was cool but that grew old once the fundamentals were learned, then shortly after the bike didn't have enough jam. My next step was to a honda shadow spirit 1100, the not so common anymore ones.
slowly finding out that that bike had so much more of a fuse to light the bomb under my arse is what did it for me. Being afraid of torque was where all the thrill sat. Shaking the rear end all the way thru 1st gear and chirpping the tire into 2nd fallowed by hooking up and lifting the front wheel on a decollete country road was the moment that made me enjoy and appreciate and respect that unmanageable potential power in my right hand.

Just my opinion, in one hand starting small is right, "you don't want to give a monkey a loaded gun" type situation. But on the other side if a person sits on the same small powered machine for too long there is a risk of becoming stagnate and not moving on to another bike that open thier eyes again.
I can understand that in some cases a person will grab a handful of throttle when they need all the brakes they can manage but mistakes happen.

btw I'm not posting drunk. Night shift starts sunday night/ monday morning.
Shaking the rear end all the way thru 1st gear and chirpping the tire into 2nd fallowed by hooking up and lifting the front wheel on a decollete country road was the moment that made me enjoy and appreciate and respect that unmanageable potential power in my right hand ,WHAT A LOAD OF B/S:rolleyes:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Shaking the rear end all the way thru 1st gear and chirpping the tire into 2nd fallowed by hooking up and lifting the front wheel on a decollete country road was the moment that made me enjoy and appreciate and respect that unmanageable potential power in my right hand ,WHAT A LOAD OF B/S:rolleyes:
must have been some kinda special honda shadow....I've owned a few, none would do that....lol. my v-65 would do stuff like that....but the shadow? nope...

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what a great starter bike not try something alittle smaller so i dont have to hear about another kid dead on sport bike on the news just saying

The R1 is a super nice bike but just to twitchy to ride around town comfortably or get out on the road for a stretch, but maybe its just me. Like gotboost said start a little smaller. These bikes are wicked Fast! I know I run a 2003 ZZR 1200 Love it! Love it!

If I owned this bike when I was 21 I would be dead, plain and simple! Happy shopping :d:

Attachments

• IMG-20110608-00143.jpg
    IMG-20110608-00143.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 193

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
or 125cc like germany for the first 2 years

i ride bikes since im 14 legal on the roads since 16

its a difficult statement to say start low and work ure way up since its so easy and fast to get used to a bike and than u want to upgrade and loose money when u sell ure old ride and have to have the funds to buy new

u can buy a big machine and get it blackboxed so u dont have the full potential but still can bring her back to full power after u feel comfortable on the bike

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
or 125cc like germany for the first 2 years

i ride bikes since im 14 legal on the roads since 16

its a difficult statement to say start low and work ure way up since its so easy and fast to get used to a bike and than u want to upgrade and loose money when u sell ure old ride and have to have the funds to buy new

u can buy a big machine and get it blackboxed so u dont have the full potential but still can bring her back to full power after u feel comfortable on the bike

As much as it hurts me to say it...sleds should be similar...

Griz-L-Bar

Reaction score
must have been some kinda special honda shadow....I've owned a few, none would do that....lol. my v-65 would do stuff like that....but the shadow? nope...

hell ya those V-65's were fricken nuts. Brother has one, been trying to get him to sell it to me for 5 years. Nucker won't budge.

Top Bottom