I need some Water Well help

slabm7

Reaction score
So I recently purchased and acreage, great little place, nice house, oversized garage. But the well only flow .5 gallons/minute. It was agreed in the contract that the sellers would pay for half the price of a new well. So I have a guy come and try to drill a well today. He drilled 10 ft over from the old well and went down 250ft and no water. This costs me $15/foot for him to do this so I'm not to keen on him randomly poking holes in my yard trying to find water. Could add up quite quickly. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get more flow out of the current well. Could it be sanded off? Would cleaning the well help? Anyone know anything about a cistern system? If anyone knows anything about well maintainance it would help out alot. Thanks

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
What do you mean by shocked?

Shocking is usally used in disenfecting the well of any bacteria you "shock" the balance of it sometimes the acid or bleach or what ever they are using can eat the internals of the pump. how is the PSI? high PSI low GPM? if they are both low I would say a pump is shot or a line is plugged

Can-Do

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if the line is plugged up a tad with sediment from years gone by a backflush might be in order

Tsnow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also.. if the above procedures dont work.. Down here in Washington I know they allow a tank to be installed to reach the 5 gallons per min.. Basically a holding tank that the well fills and they test off of there...

Wanderlust

Reaction score
So I recently purchased and acreage, great little place, nice house, oversized garage. But the well only flow .5 gallons/minute. It was agreed in the contract that the sellers would pay for half the price of a new well. So I have a guy come and try to drill a well today. He drilled 10 ft over from the old well and went down 250ft and no water. This costs me $15/foot for him to do this so I'm not to keen on him randomly poking holes in my yard trying to find water. Could add up quite quickly. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get more flow out of the current well. Could it be sanded off? Would cleaning the well help? Anyone know anything about a cistern system? If anyone knows anything about well maintainance it would help out alot. Thanks

Hey there....we've got terrible water pressure here from a shallow well (about 13 ft) we've done different things like getting the well pumped/cleaned and reducing the build up of sediment on the bottom, but recently I had a guy out here from Canadian Springs doing some work on our indoor system and he cut a 3/4 inch line from our pressure tank-be damned if the line wasn't so caked with s*** that it actually only had an opening of 1/4 inch!!! It was pretty bad....sometimes we just have to let go of the idea of having good water and just live with what we have. We'd give up a lot to just have good clean, no iron gravity fed water!! Good luck!

Haggis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

How deep is the existing well? Cistern may be the most economical way to go and run your existing well line to the cistern with a shut off valve - that way if you ever run out of water in the cistern you can open the line and it can drip feed into the cistern until the water truck shows up. Cistern you will still need pump and pressure tank.

CamoKVF700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you know anyone that can witch you a well?

How deep are your neighbor's wells?

I'm not anywhere near you but went 270 feet and had 2 gpm... went 280 and I have over 10 gpm. Water is usually found under a coal seam.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im out on an acreage as well and my new neighbours got some woman to witch their well, cant recall how many gpm they got but he said it was worth it and worked. Maybe its an option for ya if u believe in that stuff

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I recently purchased and acreage, great little place, nice house, oversized garage. But the well only flow .5 gallons/minute. It was agreed in the contract that the sellers would pay for half the price of a new well. So I have a guy come and try to drill a well today. He drilled 10 ft over from the old well and went down 250ft and no water. This costs me $15/foot for him to do this so I'm not to keen on him randomly poking holes in my yard trying to find water. Could add up quite quickly. So I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get more flow out of the current well. Could it be sanded off? Would cleaning the well help? Anyone know anything about a cistern system? If anyone knows anything about well maintainance it would help out alot. Thanks[/QU

Why did you only drill to 250ft did the driller do a search of surrounding wells that would give an idea of approx depth. Also there must be a drill report for your existing well and that might be all the well will put out if so then the cistern would be your best way.

Top Bottom