I need an aluminum sled/atv deck for this spring

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dodge LB 8ft, capable of side load 2 atvs if needed, 10ft ramp preferred cause truck is lifted, budget is about $3500, I see price ranges quite a bit, any suggestions?

brent n

Reaction score
have been told good things about x decks and price is great seen some used marathon decks for 1000-1500 in edmonton

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 9ft ramp on mine. Stock height. Wish it was a 12' and might extend it. If you have the chance to get a longer ramp with the long box then do it.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Get a 12 ft ramp if your truck is lifted wish mine was a 12 ft and my truck Is stock height
sleds it doesn't much matter but quads the longer ramp would be really nice

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My District Manager for SkiDoo has a long box deck with a 12 ft ramp. Really nice aluminum deck but can't remember the brand right now. Will try and find out in the morning and let you know. It is mint and well within your range. Has it on a Dodge longbox 4x4.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
My District Manager for SkiDoo has a long box deck with a 12 ft ramp. Really nice aluminum deck but can't remember the brand right now. Will try and find out in the morning and let you know. It is mint and well within your range. Has it on a Dodge longbox 4x4.

Mr Smith?

I have a long box stock height Dodge 3500 and I have an 11.5' ramp, I love it for the sleds and the quads. I also side load my quads, I'm on an OLD fixed side Marathon 8' wide by 9' long deck.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cross-trax is your best bet for that price range and definitely do the 12ft ramps if you can. They're a solid deck. The ramp on the X-deck is a pita and probably the biggest turn off from that deck. Also the build quality isn't in the same league as the Cross-trax. I've had both and wouldn't consider an X again.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not all decks are designed or strong enough to side load either i know the marathon classic had a bar that slides over there side to add strength and allow the ramp to hold better

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mr Smith?

I have a long box stock height Dodge 3500 and I have an 11.5' ramp, I love it for the sleds and the quads. I also side load my quads, I'm on an OLD fixed side Marathon 8' wide by 9' long deck.
Yes sir Tyler! Pal Al

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
not all decks are designed or strong enough to side load either i know the marathon classic had a bar that slides over there side to add strength and allow the ramp to hold better

I do not have said bar, however I have not had any issues with that....... yet.........

HRT Offroad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cross-trax is your best bet for that price range and definitely do the 12ft ramps if you can. They're a solid deck. The ramp on the X-deck is a pita and probably the biggest turn off from that deck. Also the build quality isn't in the same league as the Cross-trax. I've had both and wouldn't consider an X again.

I couldn't disagree more...I purchased an X-Deck this year, and although the ramp took a little getting used to...it is now my favorite ramp of the multiple decks that I've owned.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I couldn't disagree more...I purchased an X-Deck this year, and although the ramp took a little getting used to...it is now my favorite ramp of the multiple decks that I've owned.

To each their own. I hated the ramp as does a good buddy of mine who has one. Just my opinion.

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did the X Deck. Thought it was a great deck for the price at the time. Year and a half later and cracked welds, repairing the cheap wiring three times, and having a lot of difficulty getting the sides to slide out, I was done with that garbage.

And the ramp is brutal unless you're a beast. Heavy duty but heavy weight wise.

If your budget is $3500 max, I'd look into a used quality deck like an F.L., Marathon, CrossTraxx etc.

Top Bottom