I need a mountain bike....

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep thieves suck. Only reason i want an ebike is because there is a big hill.by my house that sucks pedaling up haha

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep thieves suck. Only reason i want an ebike is because there is a big hill.by my house that sucks pedaling up haha

I bought the wife a 4” fat tire e bike, Voltbike brand outta Vancouver, bought myself a Sondors rockstar ebike to use a base to build a dual suspension e bike, both have been pretty awesome
73b359f88e9c77b8a5748b2976496e34.jpg

ff349f8c70c7e58662806f3a8c89b635.jpg

51ae7e032e494fc77e55d8c6d6f54159.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Norco is the way to go for an e fatty.
For sure, lots of nice higher end e-bikes out there. I ride a Norco in the summer but I bought the IGO because it seemed like the best thing around for 2k and if I didn’t like it there is no problem returning to Costco.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure, lots of nice higher end e-bikes out there. I ride a Norco in the summer but I bought the IGO because it seemed like the best thing around for 2k and if I didn’t like it there is no problem returning to Costco.

The Voltbike is far superior to the igo, and damn near the same price. I researched for 2 years before I bought them. Didn’t want super expensive high end e-bikes but also wanted best bang for my dollar cause at the end of the day they are still expensive compared to regular bikes. And with all bikes, aside from the frame quality, they are only as good as the 3rd party components they use to build them and they can all be replaced with better ones as they wear out anyway. I built my dual suspension bike for $4600 all in, it’s comparable to a $7000 enduro style dual suspension e bike

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Voltbike is far superior to the igo, and damn near the same price. I researched for 2 years before I bought them. Didn’t want super expensive high end e-bikes but also wanted best bang for my dollar cause at the end of the day they are still expensive compared to regular bikes. And with all bikes, aside from the frame quality, they are only as good as the 3rd party components they use to build them and they can all be replaced with better ones as they wear out anyway. I built my dual suspension bike for $4600 all in, it’s comparable to a $7000 enduro style dual suspension e bike

I looked at volt bikes also but didn’t like how the battery on the Yukon wasn’t integrated into the frame. The IGO just had a cleaner frame design IMO. Also volt bike was almost thousand bucks more and for what I wanted I couldn’t justify the extra cost.

For anyone looking keep an eye on IGO website as they sell demo and returns new in the box under preowned for quite cheap when they have stock.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I looked at volt bikes also but didn’t like how the battery on the Yukon wasn’t integrated into the frame. The IGO just had a cleaner frame design IMO. Also volt bike was almost thousand bucks more and for what I wanted I couldn’t justify the extra cost.

For anyone looking keep an eye on IGO website as they sell demo and returns new in the box under preowned for quite cheap when they have stock.

Ya that’s my only gripe, but I get over it with the longer range of the bigger battery

rmk600700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya that’s my only gripe, but I get over it with the longer range of the bigger battery

For sure bigger battery and I think bigger motor on the volt. My dog can’t run that far and I’m cold long before I run out range lol. Getting 30-40 km in cold weather -10 to -20. Be curious to see what I get when it warms up.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For sure bigger battery and I think bigger motor on the volt. My dog can’t run that far and I’m cold long before I run out range lol. Getting 30-40 km in cold weather -10 to -20. Be curious to see what I get when it warms up.

Yes a bigger motor as well, not that the wife needs that’s lol, run it on the 750w setting and it’s fast. That’s good for cold weather range, I haven’t even tried ours in the winter, but get 80-90 Km in the summer with the wife riding it. Get about 70km on my sondors with lots of hills and off trail, can get 100km on flat paved trails and it’s a 1000w mid drive

MOUNTAIN MICKEY

Reaction score
I also have a Yukon 750 Volt bike.. I added a bigger sprocket to the front, Makes a big difference riding hills. Never use the smaller sprocket any more. Have a hunting friend that had 10,000km on his Yukon a year and a half ago so that was a big reason for me getting the Yukon. In the fall 2022 his battery was getting weak but he was not quite ready to replace it. He rides to work and back every day regardless of weather. One day I will be getting a suspension seat too. When I added the bigger sprocket, I did not put a derailleur on.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also have a Yukon 750 Volt bike.. I added a bigger sprocket to the front, Makes a big difference riding hills. Never use the smaller sprocket any more. Have a hunting friend that had 10,000km on his Yukon a year and a half ago so that was a big reason for me getting the Yukon. In the fall 2022 his battery was getting weak but he was not quite ready to replace it. He rides to work and back every day regardless of weather. One day I will be getting a suspension seat too. When I added the bigger sprocket, I did not put a derailleur on.

I find the Voltbike Yukon geared a bit tall on the front chain ring, as was my sondors rockstar. I haven’t swapped for a smaller tooth front chain ring yet on the Yukon but I did the conversion kit on my sondors. Needed an adapter to run a smaller 38tooth on the mid drive motor, more snappy in the hills, lost a little top speed though, can only do about 50km/h now , was up closer to 60km/ hr on the stock 44 tooth. The wife probably doesn’t need a smaller front chain ring but I sometimes ride it and I think it would help and take a bit of stress off the driveline

Couch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a couple of the ET Cycle /Leon T720 bikes last year. Better deal than the Costco ones - didn't want to spring the higher $ ones. So far so good ...only negatives were they really need a more aggressive tread and they're still heavy esp when it comes to finding a suitable hitch mounted rack ... picked up a two place QuietKat rack which was a bit spendy but well made ...can leave the main rack on the RAV4 and it folds tight to the bumper when unloaded

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These racks work good. Hydraulic assist so no lifting bikes into the rack

High quality tray rack style, no plastic.

Last edited:

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Picked up a couple of the ET Cycle /Leon T720 bikes last year. Better deal than the Costco ones - didn't want to spring the higher $ ones. So far so good ...only negatives were they really need a more aggressive tread and they're still heavy esp when it comes to finding a suitable hitch mounted rack ... picked up a two place QuietKat rack which was a bit spendy but well made ...can leave the main rack on the RAV4 and it folds tight to the bumper when unloaded

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
Funny, never heard of quiet kat racks before, checked them out and they are actually 1up racks rebranded.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
These racks work good. Hydraulic assist so no lifting bikes into the rack

High quality tray rack style, no plastic.
We have the 6 bike version of this rack. Very impressed with it so far. Very well built and nice to use

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Edmonton West River Valley Trails
View attachment 266807

View attachment 266808

View attachment 266809

Wicked Trails every where

View attachment 266810

View attachment 266811

View attachment 266812

Blue skys
+34°f
Great day
12.4 miles
4.6 avg speeds
7 Cofffeee Vokacheeno's
Slow and relaxed pace
+ & - 200 eley changes

Pedal Pedal Pedal

Cheers all

Don
That lower trail is so fun. Doesn’t take long to get downtown from the white mud bridge. I park at Fort Edmonton all the time and ride that area.

Top Bottom