I need 800 RMK motor parts

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where is a good place to get a crank rebuilt for a decent price in Alberta and I also need a cylinder pot pistons and a gasket set

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better off buying a new crank with the big bearings and use your old one as a core refund. If I'm not mistaken, Recreation sports out of saskatoon has them for about 600.00, and can get the rest of your parts from there to, next day, thru Landon @ the Sled Parlour

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do I need to have my crank case modified to put that new crank in
and how is it better

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crank exchange - 531.00 + 200.00 core charge, new bearings, heavy duty pto, no machining involved.
I would have the cases checked, as the prob with these motors wasn't the cranks, it as bad cases. There is a guy in the states " Indy Dan" who does the WIDE PTO BEARING (machining req'd), c/w 3 yr guarrenty. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I went with the HD bearing upgrade as my cases were good, and have had no prob.
I also made this change BEFORE it snapped a clutch off, as a preventative measure.
A wise choice for the money......in my opinion

299.00 for the new cyl, prob 60.00 for gaskets, there may be a core on the cyl, not sure. Call them

Recreational supply
2414 Millar Avenue
Saskatoon, SK S7K 3V2

Phone: (306) 664-3560
Fax: (306) 664-3282
Toll Free: 1-800-667-7669
I have ordered a ton of stuff from them for various machines, both by myself, and thru the SLED PARLOUR (Landon) and have always recieved everything as ordered and lightning fast.
Good luck man, these 800's are a great machine, if you can handle this issue before it becomes a catastrophic failure.
I hate to repete..............CHECK YOUR CASES, if they are screwed, that new crank will not last long

heavy d

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do a search on this site for info on the crank upgrade, I know it's been beat to death on here so you should be able to find enough info to make an educated descision

albertasummitx

Reaction score
you need to have the case halves machined,the split bearing in old case leaves a small ridge in between them .when putting big bearing crank in it will not got together properly, been there done this a few times with buddies sleds .:beer:

rilesRmk

Reaction score
I'm rebuilding mine right now as well and Having a friend of mine rebuild mine and he is putting my stuff together for roughly 1400 bucks and that the pistons and the crank rebuilt with hot rods. he has 20 years of experience doing engine stuff. doing the the bigger pto bearing will require you to do some machining on your crank case. if you want me to check on how busy he is for your stuff too just pm me.

bdietz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I found a motor complete with clutch for a good price the guy thinkd the pto brgs could be replaced but it is running condition so for now im gona use it and just put new pto brgs in it

I will maybe rebuild my old motor later but it also needs the crank case fixed as there is a big hole in it

I was told that precision engine rebuilders in stoon does that stuff and they also do cylinders

Top Bottom