I love Alberta

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if only i was willie. there would be some mad people around here, hehe. heck there already mad now. better to leave it alone.

You, willie and Tex are all from the same limb on the family tree though right?

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey now.

Does that mean Ur the same knob as powderslut and scrfce ???

sent from my htc

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
Hello All,
I purchased a NEW motorcycle from a dealership, and went through the OOP inspection process where I purchased the motorcycle. The NEW motorcycle failed the inspection, and I had to pay for repairs to be made. (I have this in writing.)
What options do I have now? Can I go after the dealership for selling me a unsafe vehicle? Is the standard too rigourous?
In addition, the motorcycle has never run (I was unable to get it running) since I purchased it. They now have had the motorcycle for 3 weeks, and it is still not running. What now?
I am not going to mention the name of the dealership except to say that it is in Alberta.
Still need more info;The dealer you bought this "new" bike from should not be doing an oop on a "new" bike...
What kind of bike???
Why did it not pass inspection?
Not much info in this thread...
still need answers.....where's cyle when u need him
After some thinking I believe I came up with the answer: You bought a WR450 thinking that because it had a headlight and tail light you could ride it on the street. You tried to plate it but the registry told you the NVIS was invalid as a street legal motorcycle and that you had to do an oop equivelant inspection in order to determine if it has the necessary equipment to be registered for the street, which of course it failed, and this so called repair the dealership is charging you for is actually the installation of a dual-sport kit needed to turn your dirt bike into something legal for the street. Pretty close?
that's the only thing that even makes a little ​bit of sense.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I fail to see how the province is to blame..... Must be a friggin maritimer....

omullinger

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1- Muffinman makes sense
2- During an inspection, if the vehicle does not start it WILL fail an OOP as well as a 13y inspection.

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey now.

Does that mean Ur the same knob as powderslut and scrfce ???

sent from my htc

Never met scrfce, aside from him riding a cat I am sure he is a standup guy. Who is powderslut? Is he kinda a big thing around here?

Sorry I didn't realize your family tree doesn't have any branches. :D

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk 2

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Better to be a maritimer who can base an opinion like that on experience than be an albertan who has never lived there and has a narrower opinion on what is what.

Personally I prefer living in AB but have set goals to live a little further West :D

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I AM a maritimer butt munch......

sar·casm

1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark

Better to be a maritimer who can base an opinion like that on experience than be an albertan who has never lived there and has a narrower opinion on what is what.

Personally I prefer living in AB but have set goals to live a little further West :D

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I know you are, been down that road before. I am saying its okay for you to say that because you are.

Me thinks you spent too much time here though. Startin to sound a little snippy.

:rolleyes:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I meant the good "butt munch" as opposed to the bad......lol

No snippy here, just internet foolduggery.... cheers

Yes I know you are, been down that road before. I am saying its okay for you to say that because you are.

Me thinks you spent too much time here though. Startin to sound a little snippy.

:rolleyes:

WhiteDragon

Reaction score
As I put it-this was a Yamaha TW200, 2011 model. When I went to the registry, the NIVIS was voided at the registry-so I had to do an OOP at the Alberta dealership where I purchased the motorcycle. The unit failed.
Also, repairs had to be done to the motorcycle to get it to run.
After spending a LOT of money, I finally got the motorcycle to pass the OOP, and now it is registered in Alberta. However, I am furious at the dealership (which will remain nameless), and they know it.
Not much else I can do at this time-except go public (which I have done here).

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I put it-this was a Yamaha TW200, 2011 model. When I went to the registry, the NIVIS was voided at the registry-so I had to do an OOP at the Alberta dealership where I purchased the motorcycle. The unit failed.
After spending a LOT of money, I finally got the motorcycle to pass the OOP, and now it is registered in Alberta. However, I am furious at the dealership (which will remain nameless), and they know it.

So you bought the TW to ride it on the street then? It comes with full street legal equipment if I remember correctly. Still doesn't explain why a registry would void a NVIS and make you get an Out of Province if you purchased the bike in AB and registered it in AB.

Heck I would like to know what the dealership is so I never do buisness there, or better yet, shake their hand for selling something to someone that doesn't run and then have the customer pay more to get it to run.

Big part of this story missing.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you bought the TW to ride it on the street then? It comes with full street legal equipment if I remember correctly. Still doesn't explain why a registry would void a NVIS and make you get an Out of Province if you purchased the bike in AB and registered it in AB.

Heck I would like to know what the dealership is so I never do buisness there, or better yet, shake their hand for selling something to someone that doesn't run and then have the customer pay more to get it to run.

Big part of this story missing.

ya for sure I agree there are only a few yammy dealers around!!!

but you should be able to request a replacement NVIS from Yamaha well the dealer can request??

or they can provide a lost NVIS letter and manufacturer invoice?? we do this we cars all the time well not all the time but everytime we fawk up lol or loose the NVIS as the manufacturer only provides 1 copy.

again seems weird it would fail being new,,, now if its a 5dollar bulb who cares but still thats no fun. or was it priced for sale as is?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what does Alberta have to do with this lol???

this province has the least amount of RED tape in Canada lol

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you haven't really gone public until you post your name as well as the dealership. until then you are ones and zeros spouting a fairy tale about a mythical evil merchant that did you wrong.

Top Bottom