I have an 02 Polaris RMK 800, what mods are good without sacrificing relyablity?

BRA'A'AP

Reaction score
i bought this sled from an old guy who baby'd it, not even 2000 km's on it, i've done pistons and reids, and a MBRP performance can. i just would like some ideas on other modifacations that would help me with performance and weight savings.. thanx

BRA'A'AP

shoobear

Reaction score
guess it depends on what riding u do...
If no trail riding i would pull off the sway bar and all the extra bogie wheels for starters.
Punch your track and run drivers.
cheers

BRA'A'AP

Reaction score
yea, well i do mountain ridin' i'm not really into the sit down and follow the trail kind of stuff. i like to high mark and explore and stuff

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Can anyone say pipes. best bang for your buck my friend.And the sway bar thing I cannot recommend enough. Oh and any unwanteds in/on the hood(foam,gauges,etc) make it disappear.:D What kind of valves did you put in it????

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
guess it depends on what riding u do...
If no trail riding i would pull off the sway bar and all the extra bogie wheels for starters.
Punch your track and run drivers.
cheers

Does pulling off the sway bar make a big difference?

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Does pulling off the sway bar make a big difference?

Huge my friend. It allows each ski to float completely independently,verses tieing them together so that when oneside goes up or down it takes the other side with it. Drastically improves sidehilling.

BRA'A'AP

Reaction score
I also heard that drilling some pilot holes through the center of the track was a good idea, is it worth it and can it be done by the average joe with house hold tools? drill and file etc.

BIGFOOT

Reaction score
I also heard that drilling some pilot holes through the center of the track was a good idea, is it worth it and can it be done by the average joe with house hold tools? drill and file etc.

Check out 'Track porting' Thread in this Forum ! could be some info you are looking for ! :)

.08rider

Reaction score
best thing too add perfprmance for this sled would be add a SKIDOO motor, SKIDOO chasiss and Voila a perfect upgrade to any yanky piece of $hit.LOL

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Attack compensator, single pipe (slp), MBRP race can, 19/43 gearing with 74p chain, air horn, and 2 flow rites. This will wake the sleeping giant and will not break the bank.

BRA'A'AP

Reaction score
alright thanks, haha your saying a lot for a skidoo ryder, consittering i never see any of them where i go... usually behind me somewhere or pussying out of the chute i just climbed, i personally like polaris and skidoo. it doesn't always matter about the machine... the rider also makes a hell of a difference. i rolled my polaris over 60 yards down a hill... only damage was bent handle bars... the sled tumbled end over end. it was fine and started frist pull... if you roll a ski-doo the frickin thing self distructs and theres pieces of it everywhere... then after you've finished collecting all your pieces when you go back to try and start it, it take like 20 pulls and then floods.. so then you have to sit there and wait while all the other guys driving polaris do $hit hooks around you !!

POLARIS RMK 800 4 LIFE !

WHO'S WITH ME! hahahahaha

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'LL RIDE 'EM ALL.... BUT YOU BETTER ASK SLEDBUNNYRACING WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ROLL A POLARIS DOWN A HILL AND HOW MANY PIECES IT GOES INTO AND HOW HARD IT IS TO RESTART AND HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS TO REPAIR AFTERWARDS BEFORE YOU START JAMMIN' DOO'S --- AS A MATTER OF FACT A DOO WENT UP OVER THE LEDGE THAT THE POLARIS ROLLED DOWN........ JUST JAMMIN' YA BACK - TO WHERE IT BELONGS!!!!:nono:

BRA'A'AP

Reaction score
well like i said before, most of the riding depends on the rider nor the sled.. as far as i'm concerned polaris and ski-doo are the same thing, just different designs.. there pretty well the same for power too but you know what i mean

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Let me first correct you there summitric, I also crested that shute with a 151" track vs the ski-doo with a 159" and my sled was 4 years older (and a bit more hopped up).
In this case it was driver error for sure. She rolled 50 to 60 times (depending on who you talk to that was there) and started, to my surprise, on the second pull. She was prety beat up though. Had to rent a shop and do some welding to get through the weekend....but is was all worth it.
Repairs: spindles, steering post, tunnel extension & hood
Here is a grouping of the photos taken while she went down...ended the day right there and then....oh yea, summitric's Ski-Doo handle bars snapped off 15 minutes later and he was done too.
Cheerz.

I'LL RIDE 'EM ALL.... BUT YOU BETTER ASK SLEDBUNNYRACING WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU ROLL A POLARIS DOWN A HILL AND HOW MANY PIECES IT GOES INTO AND HOW HARD IT IS TO RESTART AND HOW EXPENSIVE IT IS TO REPAIR AFTERWARDS BEFORE YOU START JAMMIN' DOO'S --- AS A MATTER OF FACT A DOO WENT UP OVER THE LEDGE THAT THE POLARIS ROLLED DOWN........ JUST JAMMIN' YA BACK - TO WHERE IT BELONGS!!!!:nono:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Nope, No Correcting To Doo....thats The Facts And I Was Just Givin Him The Gears Back About What Braap Wrote.... Doo I Care?? Nope, Cuz I'm Goin' To Mehico...........lol

Briandublanko

Reaction score
SLP single pipe and turboal Thing can made a huge difference for me and i would highly recommend the combination. Very reliable too no problems in 2000 miles so far. Sorry didn't see that you already had the mbrp can

Last edited:
Top Bottom