Hung out to dry by Mirage trailers and chinook trailer sales Lethbridge,ab

milton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been informed today that mirage trailers will not be covering the damage on my 26ft extreme snow that i purchased from CHINOOK TRAILER SALES in Lethbridge,ab. This weekend while hauling my trailer through montana the front axle decided to sheer away from the trailer and wrap itself around the rear axle, They ask me if i had hit a rock..hahaha, or a bump in the road. Anyways had an estaimate done on it today and there is about 2000-3000 damage to the unit. There is no evident damage of a rock a blow from a bump in the road, the shackle had just folded right over and sheered at the bend, unbelievable. I guess i am just another statistic of buying from a poor dealership and a very poor trailer manufacturer by the sounds of it after reading all the reply's i got on my post in tow vehicles and trucks accessories saying how poor mirage's warranty was. Well i hate to say it but i should have stayed canadian and bought local cause the guys at southland trailers in lethbridge were good help today.

Big twin

Reaction score
That really sucks!!!
I bought an Interstate back in 05 from a dealer just west of GP and it's been to Texas and back, no ch!t! I haul every toy I own in every season on and off road without a single issue. I do have 6000lb axles and 16" wheels. It can take whatever I throw at it. Just an Idea for your next unit.

Cheers, good luck..

Go-Vertical

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought a charmac snow sport elite in panoka love it buddy bought one and he loves his too

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been informed today that mirage trailers will not be covering the damage on my 26ft extreme snow that i purchased from CHINOOK TRAILER SALES in Lethbridge,ab. This weekend while hauling my trailer through montana the front axle decided to sheer away from the trailer and wrap itself around the rear axle, They ask me if i had hit a rock..hahaha, or a bump in the road. Anyways had an estaimate done on it today and there is about 2000-3000 damage to the unit. There is no evident damage of a rock a blow from a bump in the road, the shackle had just folded right over and sheered at the bend, unbelievable. I guess i am just another statistic of buying from a poor dealership and a very poor trailer manufacturer by the sounds of it after reading all the reply's i got on my post in tow vehicles and trucks accessories saying how poor mirage's warranty was. Well i hate to say it but i should have stayed canadian and bought local cause the guys at southland trailers in lethbridge were good help today.

Call GLOBAL's troubleshooter, they will get your trailer fixed .....Just my 2 cents. :d

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ive got a all aluminum aluma trailer bought from factory outlet trailers in high river
had two warranty issues with the doors no questions asked repaired under warranty
great place to buy from

Trax 2 Treadz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
trax2treadz.com
We just bought our new trailer from Lloyd at AV Trailer Sales in Lethbridge. Lloyd even came in 2 Sundays for us to get the deal done!! Excellent service! We would definitely go back to him and recommend him to others.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score

I would get an lawyer and an idependent inspection because this is a huge safety issue if it just sheered off maybe might save a lot of lives,get fixed and line your pockets a bit also. If you brought it to me I would think the same thing the dealer... it stuck something or it was grossly overloaded. What were you hauling?

Oldtrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have a '10 and am very happy with the quality of the trailer but having said that;
Mirage are Mfg in Boise Idaho, so I would be calling their DOT and tell them what has happened and lodge a formal complaint with their transport division. Most Cargos are towed out to the dealers and if you put that type of a crimp in their travel plans, my guess is that they will be jumping to get the issues resolved and prove they are roadworthy.

kenvb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would get an lawyer and an idependent inspection because this is a huge safety issue if it just sheered off

the F---G Over priced Lawyers do ch!t but charge you,,. get it repaired at reputable welder and carry on, word of mouth advertizing is better or worse for that dealer . he will wish he fixed it for you.

I sold my gas station 3 yrs ago and my Rat B--turd lawyer overpaid the mortgage company $10,000 and neither one will return the $$ with out a fight. other lawyers wont go againist there own.
what goes around,comes around.

jncmcat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
bought a 16 ft enclosed Mirage from SWS in Westlock. Trailer had a few issues to say the least, the warranty may as well be written on toilet paper, at least that is useful! I phoned the factory in Idaho, they said to get a quote for all the repairs that i had to do and fax it to them and they would reimburse me, no reimbursement ever. No help from SWS either! Had to rewire the total trailer, put a new handle on the walk-in door, redo the ramp door, revent the trailer so it wouldn't fill with dust. Still have the trailer still a piece fo s**t, but usable after I fixed it. Would reccomend a Royal trailer, another contractor friend bought a new one, its well built from what I've seen! To bad that your getting the run around, I've been there!!!!!:rant::mad::mad:

Apextenn

Reaction score
Just to show mirages quality control these pics were taken off another site but the trailer was picked up and drove 4 miles when unhooked noticed this it is crazy cause something like that could easily have injured killed someone if it was to have let go on the highway.

Attachments

• ericsmiragetrailer001.jpg
    ericsmiragetrailer001.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 175
  • ericsmiragetrailer002.jpg
    ericsmiragetrailer002.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 175

Mare

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to show mirages quality control these pics were taken off another site but the trailer was picked up and drove 4 miles when unhooked noticed this it is crazy cause something like that could easily have injured killed someone if it was to have let go on the highway.

HOLY CRAP!!!:eek:

Apextenn

Reaction score
Ya no doubt not really the chinooks fault for selling an inferior or poor product but seeing they arnt steping up to the plate for milton what else can you do except spread the word on how they take care of their customers. Like he said the reason we buy local and pay a few extra thousand is for the customer service when something happens but i hear way to much of this happening where once you have signed the bill and the item is off their lot they could care less really makes a guy think why he doesnt buy everything from the states.

goodleo

Reaction score
Hi guys, it sucks to pay $$ and get a crap product. There is a million trailers out there and you have to compare them closely, they are not all built the same. I have owned 3 Royal Cargo trailers and all have been excellent. I haul equipment from the states and sell the trailer when I get back home. Never any problems.

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Holy Cow!! Hard to believe the friggin quality. Sorry for your bad luck. I would call the local TV troubleshooter too. It's free and it works very well. I used them once and just the mention that I was calling and the vendor changed his position.

My Haulmark btw. has been an excellent trailer thus far.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya no doubt not really the chinooks fault for selling an inferior or poor product but seeing they arnt steping up to the plate for milton what else can you do except spread the word on how they take care of their customers. Like he said the reason we buy local and pay a few extra thousand is for the customer service when something happens but i hear way to much of this happening where once you have signed the bill and the item is off their lot they could care less really makes a guy think why he doesnt buy everything from the states.

Those trailers are made in the States......

swikertrob

Reaction score

absolutly untrue, within one hour of Mirage hearing of the event they were in touch with axle Mfg and axles were on the next truck to Southland. At no time did Mirage refuse to look at this claim.

Top Bottom