mirage extreme snow

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a update will be taking trailer down on the week of april 25 will keep posted on outcome. I have had positive conversations with Curtis and Rob.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well just a update got my trailer back today looks just like the day I bought it 4+ years ago. All new hardware, new skin with corrosion barrier , lites, cabinets, replaced 2 pieces of floor, decals and upgraded interior lower wall with aluminum kick plate all the way down the trailer, rear door and seals. I am very pleased with the AFTER WARRANTY SERVICE that I received from Rob and Curtis.

Attachments

• New Trailer and Snow 010.jpg
    New Trailer and Snow 010.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 445
  • New Trailer and Snow 011.jpg
    New Trailer and Snow 011.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 431
  • New Trailer and Snow 012.jpg
    New Trailer and Snow 012.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 431
  • New Trailer and Snow 014.jpg
    New Trailer and Snow 014.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 428
  • New Trailer and Snow 015.jpg
    New Trailer and Snow 015.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 438
  • New Trailer and Snow 016.jpg
    New Trailer and Snow 016.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 429
  • New Trailer and Snow 017.jpg
    New Trailer and Snow 017.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 425
  • New Trailer and Snow 018.jpg
    New Trailer and Snow 018.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 422

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love when things work out eh. Good on Mirage to look after you Ron!:)

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy chit the squeaky wheel does get the grease wow i wouldn't think they would do all that on warranty looks good on them iam glad it all work out for u :d

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long of a drive is it? Where did you stay?

It was a 4000km trip went thru Lethbridge and stayed in Pocatelo Idaho then up to Nampa.Left and went thru Spokane first night and Cranbrook second nite then home. Was kind of a site seeing trip could have pushed a bit longer days.
Still cost over 2k to do it. Looking at selling the trailer now and down sizing.

rsaint

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Still going to buy a mirage?

If i stay with a enclosed they are my first choice. Sick of driving a dmax at 12mpg pullling a 4000lb trailer. I am sure the new gassers are not any worse.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another Mirage bites the dust...... The brother in law has a 28 foot xtreme and the axles let go causing some serious damage, fought with Mirage for a number of months on it and got screwed. The trailer has less than 12k on it.

My dad has a xtreme also, I crawled under it to check out the axles and you wouldn't believe the chicken shat welds that are holding them in place, looks like a five year old was given a welder and told to go play............

I've been following the number of issues with the Mirage trailers and will be resourcing more information from the States and the Highway Traffic Safety Board to see when they are going to step in on the number of issues / accidents / complaints about Mirage.

Last edited:

dlg27

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had my axles break off in mcbride a couple years ago. checked underneath and the others were only spot welded. my dealer back home took care of all the costs atleast

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so what is the best trailer you can buy? Are the stealth trailers any good?

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stay away from the Mirage not worth the worry of when it's going to crap out and leave you on the side of the road.

maxbed

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does anyone here no anything about a royal there a little heavier it seems like but very well built.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like we got lucky, one of our group was in McBride with his brand new trailer, looked the same as the one in the pics on this tread. He thought he could hear some clunking under the trailer when using the trailer brakes, so we took a look and noticed the axel was only partially broken off the trailer frame. We used chains and boomers to hold it in place until we got to a welding shop. Could've been ugly.

Moral of the story, turn the music down, your rig will usually tell you something is wrong before it breaks, all you have to do is listen.

swikertrob

Reaction score
Sounds like we got lucky, one of our group was in McBride with his brand new trailer, looked the same as the one in the pics on this tread. He thought he could hear some clunking under the trailer when using the trailer brakes, so we took a look and noticed the axel was only partially broken off the trailer frame. We used chains and boomers to hold it in place until we got to a welding shop. Could've been ugly.

Moral of the story, turn the music down, your rig will usually tell you something is wrong before it breaks, all you have to do is listen.

What was the exact brand (mfg) of his trailer ?

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'll have to ask him,

It looks identicle to one pictured in this thread, same Mirage sticker on the front, same decals, same front door/ramp, same flooring, etc,....

If he gets back to me, I'll let you know the details

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mirage asked for the information on my brother in law's trailer, sent them the info and pictures today so lets see what they've got to say.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I provided the information, pictures etc to Mirage only to be told they can't even cover the cost of replacement parts. Didn't even suggest anything for the labor to repair the damage.Good thing the Trailer was still on warranty.When Mirage asked foe the info as they had never heard about the issue I sent Rob an e mail that was received by his warranty department and himself personal I kind of knew they wouldn't stand behind their product let alone their warranty.So if your in the market for a trailer look long and hard, shop around, don't bother with Mirage.I'll post up the e mails, pictures of the damage to the trailer, the axles etc and an e mail from the dealer (that dropped) Mirage wishing us luck on getting them to even recognize the warranty on a trailer that only had limited use nevermind standing behind their product.

SLY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buying a trailer here pretty quick to replace the one I lost in the Slave Lake fires. There's no way I'd buy one of these, these are not minor issues. Anyone with one of these trailers needs to get it checked before someone gets killed on the highway because of it.

Top Bottom