WARNING!!!!!!! Check florecent lights in enclosed trailers

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, just giving you all a heads up to check the contact points on all your florecent lights in your trailers. I had a little fire in mine today because of this. I have a Triton trailer that had the double pin bulbs installed from factory. When driving the bulbs are rattling and are rotating causing the contactors to barely touch. One bulb caught fire and after looking at all the other 8 every single one was already shorting and starting to burn. One of the other connectors was also half broken causing a short. These contact pins are a piss poor design for ssomething that is designed to bounce down the road. Take a look and inspect if you have these!!!! I got away lucky because I was in the trailer wrenchn' when mine went up and was able to put it out without any real damage. Had a guy been outside takin a piss or something, it could have been game over.:(

Gader69

Reaction score
Wow thanks for the heads up, going to take a look at mine tomorrow now, since its plugged in to my house right now and sitting in my driveway in front of the garage.Different brand trailer but sounds like the same light setup.Never woulda dreamed this to be an issue, very scary.

assaultn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Should only be a problem if lights are on. I always park right along side the hotel in mcbride to plug in the trailer and the boys are usualy stagering in and out of the trailer all night, was having visions of the trailer on fire burning down the hotel. Going with led strip lights.

markoo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have zip strips wrapped around my light fictures to prevent the bulbs from rattling around

Grinder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got mine on e bay from Hong Kong in 1 week delivery. A 300 led strip waterproof 5m long I think was 15-20 bucks per strip with free shipping. I bought 10 strips and put them on either side. They have sticky back and I put them an inch apart. 12v so just wired them to light switch. Ill try and get a shot with the doors closed

Last edited:
Top Bottom