My Christmas week - Brain bleed - Stroke - Updated Dec 22, 2023

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
At home, survived my first night. A bit interesting to run this feed tube off gravity however the hanging light fixture over the dining room table has a peteruding bolt to attach the bag too. That worked well. Completed by meds, and get around fairly good. I can only do so much things then need to sit and rest for a while, that should get better with time. My cats right my my side all day and night. This is way better than being in a hospital and I’m sure much better for recovery.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
At home, survived my first night. A bit interesting to run this feed tube off gravity however the hanging light fixture over the dining room table has a peteruding bolt to attach the bag too. That worked well. Completed by meds, and get around fairly good. I can only do so much things then need to sit and rest for a while, that should get better with time. My cats right my my side all day and night. This is way better than being in a hospital and I’m sure much better for recovery.
don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Glad to be home I am sure. Way better than the hospital for recovering in so many ways. Get yourself well bud.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Jan 6 - 3 full days at home now and still ticking. Started walking outside multiple times a day, parked the walker on the edge of driveway and walked the perimeter of my 3 acres, 2 times twice today probably just over a km. Then go inside and sit on couch for a bit. Wish my swallow was as quick to recover as my walking. That seems to be a lengthy project . Just plunging away at a small thing of applesauce. Takes 1/2 hr to eat a small cup of it. Practice makes perfect. Managed to get chargers on all my toys and vehicles, there all working. Tomorrows have to move everything around before the big freeze, will have some help from neighbour.

Lightningmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good news that you are home. Just take it easy. I know it's a push to get better but there is the risk of " 1 step forward 2 steps backwards " if you push to hard. Best wishes on your full recovery!!!

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Well Ron, you've been home for over 2 weeks now, how are you progressing?

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I guess I really need to check in more often.... Keep'r right side up shiny top

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
At my first oilers game since November 19. Ya. Go Oilers. Walked the entire way from parking including the stairs.
IMG_0338.jpeg

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Fantastic. Enjoy the game.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
They are off again. They should be living on this high. They can’t pass shots on net is equal. McD just had a lucky goal. They better come out blazing or they may not get 15. All I could eat was some chocolate cake and some mashed potatoes and gravy. Too risky for anything else.

AirNorth1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www3.telus.net
Been absent from here for awhile. So sad to hear of your health challenge but pleased to see a fighter in motion.

Top Bottom