My Christmas week - Brain bleed - Stroke - Updated Dec 22, 2023

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Walking and everything is even easier already. Eating is getting better. Excited to go to parents for Christmas, taking a pit stop and my house to show the poor cat that I’m still alive. Sure he’s pissed.
Need some local snow bag swan hills, booked the rally on February 24.

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron escaping with a day pass

Attachments

• 20231225_105706.jpg
    20231225_105706.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 20231225_105737.jpg
    20231225_105737.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 162

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ron has improved enough he could of walked without the walker but the nurses probably would of given him heck.

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Dec 28 Evening. Watching the oilers game against the sharks. Doing well keep this up oil. Walking and general daily activity is much easier. Not using the walker in the room however have to when I’m roaming the hallways. Swallow X-ray still not good enough for regular food however I did ok with water. Still probably need 2-3 more weeks of exercises Many of my roommates headed home tomorrow. I’m here for 5 more days. This Saturday/Sunday/Monday/Tuesday is a waste here as this place is close to any physical therapy, so on my own for those days then discharged on Wednesday.

So I’ll go home with a chest peg feeding tube for water, pills, vitamins, nutrition. I can eat some diced foods now. Found out I cannot drink Orange juice however I can drink about 10-15 ml of water. Will stick to tomato juice or cranberry juice for a bit. I would prefer this over going home with nothing. Cannot take the risk of aspersion. My feed tube end is now failing I have to hold it tight with my hand for 1.5 hrs while I get fed. The clamp keeps coming loose and releasing contents of my stomach all over the bed or floor. I need a new one there is no friction left between the connector. Hospital here doesn’t have any left. Do I have to order one on Amazon? Found one there. That’s total bs however I better or I’ll be screwed.
Cheers

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
No visitors allowed any more. People are coming in with colds or viruses. There’s already many people here sick with colds/flu/covid. I didn’t feel great last night and feel better but need some rest. I have to go under isolation for 2 days now. Well at least I get a private room.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
No visitors allowed any more. People are coming in with colds or viruses. There’s already many people here sick with colds/flu/covid. I didn’t feel great last night and feel better but need some rest. I have to go under isolation for 2 days now. Well at least I get a private room.
I really don't understand why people would go to a place like that with a cold or flu to visit. If you're sick stay home, and especially stay away from hospitals and rehabilitation facilities

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand why people would go to a place like that with a cold or flu to visit. If you're sick stay home, and especially stay away from hospitals and rehabilitation facilities
They are called “me” people Tyler. Only worried about themselves and never take into consideration other people. Lot of it going around these days.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
There is also lots of patients and staff here sick. The one guy in my room hacks all day and night. Not sure why I’m stuck her to eventually catch what he has. I’ll get over this fast. Just need some rest.
Rest up boss! Enjoy the private room!

Hope you had a great day with your day pass on Monday!

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Day by day Ron, tough being in when you want to be out so patience will make it go by quicker. Stay strong. Keep the updates coming

Top Bottom