How do you haul your quad and camper.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
someone said a different license gives a different length , please explain ??
Grubby has a semi to tow his 5th wheel....I would guess with a Class 1 his max length would go up past 20 m....I don't know this for sure....just guessin'.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Grubby has a semi to tow his 5th wheel....I would guess with a Class 1 his max length would go up past 20 m....I don't know this for sure....just guessin'.
I wonder tho...if it isn't registered as commercial, do commercial length regulations apply? I see lots of those smaller highway tractors pulling 5th wheel holiday trailers, I think it has to say "not for hire" somewhere on it.

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a class 1, but it doesn't make any difference in this situation...the truck is a single axle with air brakes, but the toyhauler has electric brakes, so a class 5Q is enough. The truck is insured commercial, but registered private, so 65' is as long as I can go, but I'm gonna play dumb when they measure the width....I think the Ranger is a couple inches too wide. :ignore:

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 403

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've got a class 1, but it doesn't make any difference in this situation...the truck is a single axle with air brakes, but the toyhauler has electric brakes, so a class 5Q is enough. The truck is insured commercial, but registered private, so 65' is as long as I can go, but I'm gonna play dumb when they measure the width....I think the Ranger is a couple inches too wide. :ignore:
I don't think you have to worry about that, as long as you have lights or flags on the widest points that are more than 8' wide. I think commercial or not the width regs are the same

Bandit_750

Reaction score

you must have alot better water than the super 8 in rimbey to get grass like that... awesome unit btw.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Todd told me he waters and fertalized every strand of grass by hand.

He's anal like that... Plus has tons of beer and time.

Oh yes he's also tapped into the super 8 water supply.

Sent from my HTC-Z710a using Tapatalk

nd4spd

Reaction score
your not allowed to pull a 5th wheel and another trailer in B.C. though are you?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
I don't think you have to worry about that, as long as you have lights or flags on the widest points that are more than 8' wide. I think commercial or not the width regs are the same

But u still can't "make" a wide load.Its gotta b loaded narrowist way possible

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
But u still can't "make" a wide load.Its gotta b loaded narrowist way possible
in grubby's case that is the narrowest way possible, there's no room for it to fit lengthwise. standing it on end would make it unsafe to correctly secure it.....sounds like a good argument to me anyways. we "make" a wide load when an empty sled deck is in the back of a truck, it could be loaded "narrower".

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
in grubby's case that is the narrowest way possible, there's no room for it to fit lengthwise. standing it on end would make it unsafe to correctly secure it.....sounds like a good argument to me anyways. we "make" a wide load when an empty sled deck is in the back of a truck, it could be loaded "narrower".

Your sled deck is over 8'6"?
Just hackin on Todd,trying to get the price down on the freightshaker.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your sled deck is over 8'6"?
Just hackin on Todd,trying to get the price down on the freightshaker.

haha. With the Ranger loaded sideways, I'm only 10'1" wide....should be able to bullsh!t my way out of that one.:rolleyes: I've been looking at a couple long nose Pete's...the ol' freightshaker might end up on the block.

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:Now all you need is: a permit, flags, wide load signage, and a pilot car. Cool unit though, crappier mileage than my dirtymax.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:Now all you need is: a permit, flags, wide load signage, and a pilot car. Cool unit though, crappier mileage than my dirtymax.

Flags, beacons, dimensional sign, and permits are probably do-able. Pilot car...the wife would probably put up a fight when I rig up her mini van with lights and a sign. Fuel mileage isn't too bad....I get between 10.5-11 mpg at 110km/h....fully loaded with all the toys it scales a little over 34,000lbs.

Top Bottom