How do people get their Cameras up to the summit

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do people get their Cameras up to the summit if they are wearing a snow pulse or abs bag. to be honest there is no way im putting my camera with my lunch.

I wear a SnowPulse Highmark Bag. I took the guts out of a DaKine Mission Camera bag and put it inside to hold my Canon5D MarkII and L-series lenses: definitely not lunch material!! I had to buy the entire backpack to get the insert, but it was worth it to keep my gear from getting rattled to death on my tunnel...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323672416.504224.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323672416.504224.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 214
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323672446.494065.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1323672446.494065.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 224

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have a Loewen camera bag zip-tied to the handle bar riser. May not be the best place but it works for me and I find that if you want the shots
the camera has to be close and readily accessible.

When my camera (Canon PowerShot SX30IS) was stored in my pack it was a pain because the pack had to come off first. Sometimes, I am on the side
of an avalanche chute in the trees (hoping it is a safe place and praying that it is not my time.....) and I'm sure many others that take the first rate shots are also in
precarious positions and may not want to or shouldn't take off the avi bag, just in case.

Tough call......:xmas2004_15:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My GoPro goes in my dash bag with its various mounts. For $30 its great and very secure even with velcro. I thought for sure it would come off.

I had a nice riser bag for my Summit but it doesn't work well with my new bar set up on my new Summit so I was searching earlier in the season for different riser bag options. I still think a riser bag is the best for
carrying a camera, its right there and easy access.

Now the video camera when I carry it goes in my backpack. Its compact and sits on top of everything. I will be adding a tunnel bag that I haven't mounted yet to carry all non essentials like my lunch to reduce pack weight and I downsized my digital from a SX30 like FernieSnow has to a smaller superzoom compact that fits in my jacket packet.

I'd still like to get some sort of riser bag for the new handlebar set up but haven't found anything suitable.

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It sucks when you pop a beer can or two in your pack and soak your Canon T1s. They don't seem to make cans the way they used to.

Top Bottom