Horse Hay

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some round bales for my baleburners (horses), I live near Stony Plain, but I am willing to drive a couple of hours. I need at least 6 bales. Does anyone have any good first cut that they are willing to part with?:PDT_bud:

Thanks,

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i will talk to my dad and see if he has any to geet rid of... i will let you know today sometime

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some round bales for my baleburners (horses), I live near Stony Plain, but I am willing to drive a couple of hours. I need at least 6 bales. Does anyone have any good first cut that they are willing to part with?:PDT_bud:

Thanks,

i dont think you are the only one lookin rye. My neighbors are looking to one has about 35 cows with calves and the other has 80 bulls and 65 cows with cows with calves looking to be a pricey year for hay.

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good luck, our first cut was half as much less than last years...

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
We've put our order in for 30 Bales for mid september delivery
They would not quote a price per due to the questionable season but last year we paid $35 Bale (1500lbs) delivered to our place.

I'll give a call and see if they have any ready to go for ya, they are in rich valley.

Ian

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there for interest sake as I know many that have had a less than stellar first cut, and may not get any second cuts. A friend in Ontario has had a good year and managed two good full cuts. He would probably part with a lot of it. Getting it here would be the issue of course, not sure how much cost that would add. If it comes to that, let me know and I will see what he can do.

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just throwing this out there for interest sake as I know many that have had a less than stellar first cut, and may not get any second cuts. A friend in Ontario has had a good year and managed two good full cuts. He would probably part with a lot of it. Getting it here would be the issue of course, not sure how much cost that would add. If it comes to that, let me know and I will see what he can do.

Myself and a couple of neighbors were discussing that possibility if it comes down the pipe like this, which I believe it will, due to recent weather not helping out for a second cut around these parts,

There goes a chance for a new sled this year. :mad: Now I have to make my POS last another one, at least I will still be faster than Old Man Winter!:d

Ryeser

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've put our order in for 30 Bales for mid september delivery
They would not quote a price per due to the questionable season but last year we paid $35 Bale (1500lbs) delivered to our place.

I'll give a call and see if they have any ready to go for ya, they are in rich valley.

Ian

That would be great if you can find out, just PM me if they have any.

Thanks!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just talked to a guy i went to school with. He farms in the Stony area. Just dropped his trailer off for warrenty work at wholesale trailers. The guy their said that he talked to a guy this morning and they are qouting 200 per bale this fall. scary.

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got mine for $35 more:( per bale than last year, first cut, no rain and mesh wrapped. I was glad to get it at that price:). I buy from a neighbor, but he is sold out, only 1/3 of last years crop. Hopefully the rain today will be enough for a second cut.

Cowboyup083

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hay is going from $65- $100 bale this year depending on how much alfalfa is in it and how big the bales are. There well be very little second cut going on if we do not get any rain soon.

As to bring hay in from another province it does not pay, I had to do that in 2002 we brought in from Manitoba. Had to get a premit to pull through Sask and what it cost to feed the cows and what I made of them was not worth it.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
second cut will come but it will be late and with that comes a good chance of winterkill. we may have bales for sale i will know ore in the fall. 200 is too much to pay for a round bale this early. the second cut is looking good around are place,

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Myself and a couple of neighbors were discussing that possibility if it comes down the pipe like this, which I believe it will, due to recent weather not helping out for a second cut around these parts,

There goes a chance for a new sled this year. :mad: Now I have to make my POS last another one, at least I will still be faster than Old Man Winter!:d

Gosh darnit I will find you hay!!!! Need to get you that new sled one way or another.:beer:

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so i checked and i guess they are spoken for sorry if something comes up i will let you know

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We got a bunch to sell off. I think there is 60 left first cut 1650lbs each(weighted in at scale) and were selling them for 65 each. Were in sask but i just sold a B-train load to a buddy in carstairs as they were quoted 175/bale for 1250lb bales. It worked out to be cheaper for them to send a B-train 8 hours than it was to buy them around there place. I know guys selling hay off out here for 150/bale already and its not even winter yet.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Found my Hay!!!!! If anyone needs rounds, I have a contact. PM me if you need some, the place is loacted near Westlock AB. They are huge bales (6 x 5).

Thanks!

Good to hear, sorry I didn't get back to you I couldn't get hold of my dealer (turns out they were on vacation) wouldn't have mattered anyhow because she's been turning down requests for over a month now. Good thing i put my order in in july, she gave me a price for mine, $65 for 1500lb bale, pretty good considering I've seen $100+ and she confirmed to me that there will be no second cut for her, not enough growth and the grasshoppers have ravished what there was. last year I paid $35 per bale delivered.......this year $60 picked up....

Top Bottom