Hope No One Rides Like This

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i hate getting knocked out of a wheelie by the rev limiter

stay off that limiter the power is lower in the rpm's anyways,,,, you got rock that throttle a bit to go for miles,,,,

plus ya hit limiter front drops like hammers

love it that guy shifted 2 gears mid wheelie good job,,

I miss my rockets

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i twiched in a highchair last year hit the limiter only caust me full set of plastic,8 weeks off work , and 2 knee caps , but still love to go through the gears on 1, but gf is riding beside me most the time now and she says no more stunting , but i found i can get away with wheelies and stopies now i call that compromise.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya i twiched in a highchair last year hit the limiter only caust me full set of plastic,8 weeks off work , and 2 knee caps , but still love to go through the gears on 1, but gf is riding beside me most the time now and she says no more stunting , but i found i can get away with wheelies and stopies now i call that compromise.

lol,,

I compound fractured my ankle,, it was hanging off,, that was 6 months no work and some metal,,, only broke the foot peg, brake lever, signal light and minor scuff on plastic I had it fixed at month 2 so i went for a little ride with my cast on to make sure the bike was ok:d I had to lol

too much fun,,, 5 season 4 bikes 3 write offs 45000kms $13000 in lawyer bills and tickets to keep my license,, then I bought a sled lol

man it was fun we would ride every night for hours

loved wheelies but the doiung a christ at 100km/h down to 2km/h is a good time too

biken.jpg

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
lol,,

I compound fractured my ankle,, it was hanging off,, that was 6 months no work and some metal,,, only broke the foot peg, brake lever, signal light and minor scuff on plastic I had it fixed at month 2 so i went for a little ride with my cast on to make sure the bike was ok:d I had to lol

too much fun,,, 5 season 4 bikes 3 write offs 45000kms $13000 in lawyer bills and tickets to keep my license,, then I bought a sled lol

man it was fun we would ride every night for hours

loved wheelies but the doiung a christ at 100km/h down to 2km/h is a good time too

View attachment 82781

You must not be a very good rider. You have to know when to let off dude! lol Sorry to hear about your crashes but it looks like you were pushing your luck with your stunts. I got rid of my burners because I was pushing my luck also. I decided to get out before I hurt my self or worse yet, someone else.

Just because you are off the street and onto a sled does not mean that you can do what ever you want on the snow...there are other people out there that may ride slower than you do...so please try and keep that in mind.

Nothing wrong with having some fun but know your limits before finding out your limits! ;)

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of pucker factor there just watching. Those kind of guys don't live long but it is fun to watch. I will be buying my first sport bike this spring. Looking forward to it.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You must not be a very good rider. You have to know when to let off dude! lol Sorry to hear about your crashes but it looks like you were pushing your luck with your stunts. I got rid of my burners because I was pushing my luck also. I decided to get out before I hurt my self or worse yet, someone else.

Just because you are off the street and onto a sled does not mean that you can do what ever you want on the snow...there are other people out there that may ride slower than you do...so please try and keep that in mind.

Nothing wrong with having some fun but know your limits before finding out your limits! ;)

cheers man I agree,, my stunt n was not in traffic,, out of town closed roads etc...
not a good rider,, thats kool its about the ride for me not the glory,,, but get back to me after 40,000kms then we talk,,,, yes I pushed my skills and the bike but thats what I like and thats what the bike is made for,, I wasnt running threw traffic and racing downtown,, so dont speculate,, I just ride HARD,,,
but yes very true i would never want to hurt anyone else out there....

and yes just because Im on a sled Im not out to wreck anyones day lol,, but ya I have wrecked 2 sleds as well ( I have owned 8 mountain sleds)

this is my style of riding I like tight lines or spots that are tricky or someone says I dunno,,,, i try it so I can push my skills and sled sometimnes I win sometimes NO,,,but not at anyone else's expense unless your helping me tow out lol,,,, well and my money but thats my choice

I dont like trails,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cheers man I agree,, my stunt n was not in traffic,, out of town closed roads etc...
not a good rider,, thats kool its about the ride for me not the glory,,, but get back to me after 40,000kms then we talk,,,, yes I pushed my skills and the bike but thats what I like and thats what the bike is made for,, I wasnt running threw traffic and racing downtown,, so dont speculate,, I just ride HARD,,,
but yes very true i would never want to hurt anyone else out there....

and yes just because Im on a sled Im not out to wreck anyones day lol,, but ya I have wrecked 2 sleds as well ( I have owned 8 mountain sleds)

this is my style of riding I like tight lines or spots that are tricky or someone says I dunno,,,, i try it so I can push my skills and sled sometimnes I win sometimes NO,,,but not at anyone else's expense unless your helping me tow out lol,,,, well and my money but thats my choice

I dont like trails,,,,,,,,,

I know that we all have pushed the limits at one point...my self included. I just hate to see guys get hurt (or worse) by playing at the wrong time or place is all. I have lost good friends over the years and it is not fun. I am sure that you are a responsible rider, I was just teasing you but also trying to teach people...I know it takes skill to do some stunts and you probably know what you are doing. Pushing the limits sometimes has bad consequences unfortunately.

I used to mile out my street bikes and have had to rebuild them during the season. One year I put 22,500 kms on a brand new bike in the first 5 weeks I had it...that is not including all the time I spent on my other bikes during that same time period or before I purchased the new one. I did a lot of riding!

I found that we had a lot more fun racing at the track. When we won we actually proved something. There were statistics, rules and many other things that proved we were accomplishing our goals. Many of the guys in this type of street video would not survive racing on a track. If they rode that recklessly on the track and did not die, then the other racers would surely kill them in the pits!

I am glad to read that you are still enjoying motorsports after such a bad injury. You sure have to hand it to the way the medical profession has advanced during the past few decades or many of us would not be alive let alone still enjoying life in the fast lane! :p

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know that we all have pushed the limits at one point...my self included. I just hate to see guys get hurt (or worse) by playing at the wrong time or place is all. I have lost good friends over the years and it is not fun. I am sure that you are a responsible rider, I was just teasing you but also trying to teach people...I know it takes skill to do some stunts and you probably know what you are doing. Pushing the limits sometimes has bad consequences unfortunately.

I used to mile out my street bikes and have had to rebuild them during the season. One year I put 22,500 kms on a brand new bike in the first 5 weeks I had it...that is not including all the time I spent on my other bikes during that same time period or before I purchased the new one. I did a lot of riding!

I found that we had a lot more fun racing at the track. When we won we actually proved something. There were statistics, rules and many other things that proved we were accomplishing our goals. Many of the guys in this type of street video would not survive racing on a track. If they rode that recklessly on the track and did not die, then the other racers would surely kill them in the pits!

I am glad to read that you are still enjoying motorsports after such a bad injury. You sure have to hand it to the way the medical profession has advanced during the past few decades or many of us would not be alive let alone still enjoying life in the fast lane! :p

cheers man thank you,, yeah I learned the hard way like most experiance lol,,

good point on the track its a great controlled enviroment, and I do not sugest anyone ride like in the video, actualy our crew would not ride with complete newbies or guys like that.......

but I do not enjoy the track as much,, I love drift n a corner dont get me wrong I have marks on my tires to the edge but I am a free rider in every sense lol,, skiing I was in freestyle and freeride not racing,,, dirt was single track in the hills not at wildrose race track,, sleding I pick the most random lines and I would never consider snowcross...

Its all preferance I guess,, see ya out there ride safe...:beer:

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but hey I respect those racers and pro MX boyz,, racers are fast azz hell and man it would be fun hucking 70ft tables on a bike,,, those guys are on the edge lol,,,

now I want to ride......:d

Bill Daley

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In all honesty it's guys like in that film that give bikers a bad name.No one looks at the bike all they see is two wheels and a lot of noise. :beer::beer::beer:

Rockwerx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sadly, a small minority of twits can and do ruin things for the majority in just about every sport that we enjoy. I am all for having some fun, but there is a time and place for it. The twit in the video went past a cop on a bike at one point but the cop did not pursue him...probably because it would have been too dangerous and maybe because of the "moped" bike he was on. lol

A couple of years ago I was passed by a burner while going through the Enoch reserve. He was moving at extreme speeds in a 70 km/hr zone...my estimate would be around 240 kph. I was in my semi and did not see him coming when I had checked my mirrors only seconds before he passed me. As I watched him go by a couple of seconds later a cop passed me at very high speed. They both dissapeared over the hills but a few moments later I could see that the cop had stopped at the hwy 16 overpass a couple of miles ahead. I turned off to avoid the confusion or I would have some pics of the accident. That evening I saw on the news that the biker had crashed and had to be air lifted to the hospital with life threatening injurys. I tried to find out more information but could not find out very much. The official police report was a lie though. They said that they had not started a high speed pursuit in the news report...even though that statement was a total lie it does not excuse the biker from driving like an idiot. I hope that he/she learned a lesson that day.

4x4racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but hey I respect those racers and pro MX boyz,, racers are fast azz hell and man it would be fun hucking 70ft tables on a bike,,, those guys are on the edge lol,,,

now I want to ride......:d

you still ride sounds like our style riding is the same i have tracked some bikes not for me and riding with the gf is nice but gets boring, ppl that knock on this type of riding (freeriding not the vid) don't relize the controle that you have while you stunting like how you can still steer the bike just fine while standing on the tank sitting on the tank dragging behind or beside it looks sick but when i see this i know that the guy is in complet control of what he is doing and is prob a better rider then most ,and able to think and react fast for emergencys i would reather ride with a bunch of freeriders then beginers any day and yes i have lots of miles on a bike but there is always more miles on my back tire then front for some reason gf wants me to teach her now that scares me lol i have been in 5 bike accdents in the last 3 years and never was it my fault or was i stunting

Top Bottom