Get out your bowl of granola to watch this one

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
did you see sparks motors hydrogen truck? well see if that becomes anything
Yeah I saw that. Personally I don't think anything that is related to Trevor Milton has a chance at being successful, but it would be cool if they make it.

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wife KB is a BRP Can-Am ambassador, can be found on "Can-am on Road" and "Woman on Road" she's mentors women with Spyders and Rykers....Too my disgust :sick:. j/k
She told me that Can-Am has an electric motorcycle slated to be released at the end of 2024. They are also working on electric Spyder/Ryker models.
So it is not a far stretch to believe Ski-Doo has an electric sled coming and maybe Nadine is part of the transition.

Now I wonder if they will have an IC engine sound button, with selectable 2/4 stroke sound LOL.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You've driven an electric car but have you even seen a hydrogen car?
Not in person. Danielle Smith has driven one. She seems pretty high on them. GM and Toyota are totally going that direction right now. Ford is as well to some degree. Far better for the planet. Electric cars have a place for now but they can Lord Elon says there is not enough cobalt and lithium on the planet for everyone to switch from gas to electric.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not in person. Danielle Smith has driven one. She seems pretty high on them. GM and Toyota are totally going that direction right now. Ford is as well to some degree. Far better for the planet. Electric cars have a place for now but they can Lord Elon says there is not enough cobalt and lithium on the planet for everyone to switch from gas to electric.
I was in Los Angelas for 6 days in November. I saw a Tesla every 26 seconds and I saw 3 Toyota Mirai's the entire time.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was in Los Angelas for 6 days in November. I saw a Tesla every 26 seconds and I saw 3 Toyota Mirai's the entire time.
Oh there is no comparison in numbers at this stage. With GM and Toyota basically going a different direction that will change over time. Electric cars have been manufactured far longer than hydrogen.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh there is no comparison in numbers at this stage. With GM and Toyota basically going a different direction that will change over time. Electric cars have been manufactured far longer than hydrogen.
Here's a video of a Toyota Mirai filling up. $36USD/kg and a 5kg tank. That's $180 USD for a complete fill and about 400 miles of range. No wonder Toyota has to give you a $15,000 hydrogen fuel card with each purchase.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i don't give a fat rat's ass what powers my sled as long as it is at least equal in performance to what there is now. if that standard is met with electric, so be it. it'll be far, far more reliable and with instant torque and horsepower, no more power band and clutches plus it would make even a polaris sled finally something to consider due to reliability being far less an issue.
regarding the video, i watched half of it so i may have missed it but i didn;t see one of those people mention that if their desired policies came to fruition and that resulted in their sledding/heli skiing lifestyle ending, would they still be for it.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Here's a video of a Toyota Mirai filling up. $36USD/kg and a 5kg tank. That's $180 USD for a complete fill and about 400 miles of range. No wonder Toyota has to give you a $15,000 hydrogen fuel card with each purchase.

Wow. Yeah crazy right now. I don’t think those cheap charge prices with EV’s will stay where they are once a lot of people transition over. Enjoy it while you can buddy. It ain’t forever

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
performance exceeding a gas sled is a foregone conclusion which is demonstrated in part by the fact that there's no need for a clutch because the HP and torque are 100% available at any time. range is the issue but don't see a reason from an engineering standpoint that it won't be figured out.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya maybe in 150 years, they will have some miricale battery.

jcjc1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ev car range has roughly tripled since 2010. odds are it'll happen and no need for a "miricale".

Lem Lamb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I felt so bad after watching that video I lit my BRP on fire
20240121_085632.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom