Honey's

jeepchic

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a post to say keep it going girls.....

:beer::d

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so heading to golden today and SUPER NErvous lol first time to the mountains, only been on a sled 2 winters.. were going with another couple.. trying not to be nervous but cant help it!! lol how do you girls do it with so much ease!!!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok so heading to golden today and SUPER NErvous lol first time to the mountains, only been on a sled 2 winters.. were going with another couple.. trying not to be nervous but cant help it!! lol how do you girls do it with so much ease!!!

When and where are you going?? We ride Golden pretty much every weekend, might see you up there! :)
Sometimes it's not a matter of doing it with ease as much as just doing it!
I've only been riding for a few years but always in the mountains out here. Best thing for first time out is not to be too intimidated by your surroundings. It's all riding but if you're not used to having mountains around you and perhaps some steep or narrow areas you can let that overwhelm you and it can take away some confidence. Be aware of your surroundings and play safe, but remember to be confident and if you don't feel comfortable in an area, don't go there. Nothing to be nervous about...you're going to have the best time ever just relax and enjoy it! :D

chelle

Marathon Truck Decks
Reaction score

Baby steps, baby steps, baby steps. I had ridden sleds all my life but mostly just logging roads and stuff like that near our cabin. Then I got my first mountain sled a couple years ago and it was like learning a new sport all over again. I have a really good sled buddy so if I got stuck he was there to help. I just started on the smaller stuff and worked my way up once I figured how to control the sled.

Oh and have fun.

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so... rode from parking lot at quartz to the top, sled is broke and wont stay running =(

no more sledding for me this weekend!

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wow ,been real busy and missed the start of this section although I new it was comming and thanks too sledpiggy for takin care of the HH (do you know what your getting into ) LOL!
catmando!

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ladies,

What do you wear for winter boots while riding? I have the grey ladies skidoo boots and they are horrible. I wore them all last yr and this year and my feet FREEZE! Any suggestions on good warm boots? Does not have to be skidoo, just want my feet to not be cold!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ladies,

What do you wear for winter boots while riding? I have the grey ladies skidoo boots and they are horrible. I wore them all last yr and this year and my feet FREEZE! Any suggestions on good warm boots? Does not have to be skidoo, just want my feet to not be cold!

Men's KLIM Adrenaline Boots... love 'em and I have yet to be cold...

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh really, ill have to check them out! Thanks,

Did you buy them to fit or buy them a bit bigger?

I wear a size 9 in Women's and the 7's are pretty snug with my favorute pink wool socks on...

PS- the socks are not only incredibly sexy, but also extremely warm. They are cross country ski socks made by Bridgedale, that I got from Valhalla Pure Outfitters. I think they are probably a big factor in my warm feet!

Attachments

• IMG00090-20090729-0650.jpg
    IMG00090-20090729-0650.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 62

quickclicker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wear a size 9 in Women's and the 7's are pretty snug with my favorute pink wool socks on...

PS- the socks are not only incredibly sexy, but also extremely warm. They are cross country ski socks made by Bridgedale, that I got from Valhalla Pure Outfitters. I think they are probably a big factor in my warm feet!

Lol usually when sledding i dont strive for being sexy... im sure i look real cute after wearing a toque and my hair is that staticky and messy i looked like i just rolled outta bed! lol sweet thanks for your help! :)

nursepwdr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Howdy .......I just bought the new HMK Voyager , very similar to the Klim boot , totally waterproof and very warm , you just have to go up a size, I wear 7 but ordered a 8 , they make ladies in this style, they are very nice .......You should have a look at them....
...this is the guy i ordered from he is very professional , and ships asap , prices are very good.....Have a look!!

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lol usually when sledding i dont strive for being sexy... im sure i look real cute after wearing a toque and my hair is that staticky and messy i looked like i just rolled outta bed! lol sweet thanks for your help! :)

Yup, I'm the same- I was totally kidding! My husband actually hates these socks with a passion, and my daughter rolled her eyes when I wore them on her class ski trip. I don't think they are that bad and anything that keeps me warm and happy while frolicking in the snow is sexy in my books!!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Feet on the dashboard in a moving vehicle is very dangerous....Just sayin:d

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ladies,

I have a $50 pair of snowboard boots that have lasted me years. The keep me warm and mostly dry. I bought a pair of Klim boots last year and hated them after using them once. My feet hurt and they were very cold... That's just me though. Lots of women love either the Klim or the HMK boots.

Sledpiggy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so... rode from parking lot at quartz to the top, sled is broke and wont stay running =(

no more sledding for me this weekend!

Thanks for the report back. Sucks the sled didn't work.

I agree with Chelle... baby steps. If you go too big too fast you will either wreck or get a fear... that's never good. Try to ask lots of questions and just practice moves. Try standing, it's easier to move around in the powder.

Top Bottom