Honest Ski Doo Dealer in AB?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have never bought a sled from Martin south side just parts. I wasn't very impressed with one older guy there but the young guy that works there is good! I am going to go and see Trent tonight to see about a new sled for the girlfriend, and if the deals right maybe a new xm for me!

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Craig Stokey at Stojan's in GP is who the Doo guys in my group deal with, he's done a lot of over and above service for them and good pricing, has a camp out where we ride and has even brought out parts on a Sunday to keep us going, I even service my cat at their dealer as the techs are good with all makes

SnowDog

Reaction score
Martin Motorsports South in Edmonton has always been good to me, first with Terry for my 2008 and most recently with Trent for my 2012, next sled will be in 2014...

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just heard the other day that Trackside didn't get their contract renewed with BRP. So no 2013 sleds or quads from Marvellous Marvin. They are still maintaining their status as a servicing dealer I believe means they can order parts, do warranty claims and all forms of service but just can't sell new sleds. Apparently someone at BRP decided that the city dealerships (Bow and Turple) were more important to prop up than the smaller market dealers (They're saying they now need 200km of separation between dealers) who actually give some semblance of customer service instead of just being a number at a larger dealership.:mad:

I will be contacting BRP to voice my concern and let them now that their decision to pull products from Trackside may lead to me looking to another brand to keep my money local as I grew up in the Olds area and try to spend my money there whenever possible. Hopefully some of you other Trackside Loyalists do as well.

This is not good news:(

Billy Boy:cool:

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terrible news about Trackside forsure. It will still be my "go to" place for parts service and expertise. They have helped me a ton over the years

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ecko marine in Alberta beach been very good to me for the past thirty years and Martin west end treat me very well I bought my 2010 from Chad enjoyed after sale service at both places and will buy again and again from these dealership

bobsledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just heard the other day that Trackside didn't get their contract renewed with BRP. So no 2013 sleds or quads from Marvellous Marvin. They are still maintaining their status as a servicing dealer I believe means they can order parts, do warranty claims and all forms of service but just can't sell new sleds. Apparently someone at BRP decided that the city dealerships (Bow and Turple) were more important to prop up than the smaller market dealers (They're saying they now need 200km of separation between dealers) who actually give some semblance of customer service instead of just being a number at a larger dealership.:mad:

I will be contacting BRP to voice my concern and let them now that their decision to pull products from Trackside may lead to me looking to another brand to keep my money local as I grew up in the Olds area and try to spend my money there whenever possible. Hopefully some of you other Trackside Loyalists do as well.

That is a shame. The smaller center dealers actually give customer service..well except for the one in my riding area H20. Living in Calgary you have to drive north to Olds or South to Lethbridge to get a positive experience. Good thing my dealer Mr R's is outside the 200km radius.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Civic Westlock was great to me. Echo in Edmonton was the same for quads. Bow South has pretty much always had what I need in stock and Lucas has done some dealin for me on parts their great and have some good deals on their demos. Ghost Riders in Fernie think thats it. I think its a good thing I have knoledge of these establishments my wife not so much.

senorjeem

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be the same for the dealer in Cochrane as well then...Bow Ridge I believe. Less than 200 km there.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Must be the same for the dealer in Cochrane as well then...Bow Ridge I believe. Less than 200 km there.

Don't put to much stock in the 200km suggestion. Bow Ridge won't be going anywhere shortly. They are important to the market share equation for the Calgary market. What is sad is that a great servicing dealer like Trackside is leaving the market. Its no secret that Marv has had his business for sale for a few years now from what I was told. Here's hoping everything works out for him and Corrine.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When reading about good DOO dealers I think of Hillside in St.Paul. The owner Jerry has for years worked hard with the government to get Motorized recreation issues looked at and improved in ALL of Alberta. Last season he was part of the group that took the Alberta Tourism Minister to Quebec for a week to show her how snowmobiling and atv can benifit the province. He has worked hard and with his business contacts has worked to make recreation better in Alberta.Jerry knows alot of poloticians and sure makes it his mission and his companies mission to make motorized recreation a better thing in Alberta. I bought my last sled from Jerry and his team and will continue to do so again. Always had good work done and all warranty issues dealt with quickly and on time. Hillside Motorsports is a honest trustworthy dealer in St Paul Alberta.

Little ways out of the way for the member asking the first question but still worth mentioning to him and all of you as well. JMHO

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah Gerry is a straight up guy! He truly has the best interests of sledding first and foremost in his heart.

Top Bottom